:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Since tomorrow, 27.09. Poland
Polish Post will resume mails to:
Mali, Bhutan, Nepal, Papua New Guinea, Turkmenistan, Aruba
and the Netherlands Antilles (Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba, Curaçao)

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 28, 2021 at 12:40 UTC.

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 29, 2021 at 05:42 UTC.
(Australia, Singapore)

Last change list for Indonesia for this site was updated in Feb 21(Not sending to 240 countries)

https://booking.posindonesia.co.id/posint/

The link above shows the updated list from September 28th 2021, under the “Paket Pos Biasa LN” , Indonesia now opens service to many countries

Welcome to the forum, @catchycat.
Doesn’t “Paket Pos Biasa LN” mean “ordinally postal packages”?

As mentioned in the first post, our information is for Letters/postcards only (not EMS, express, registered, or parcecls) because Postcrossing is a global postcard-exchange project.
For Indonesia, my understanding is that postcards would belong to “POS UDARA LN” column.

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on October 1, 2021 at 07:17 UTC.
(Denmark, Korea (South), Slovenia, Sri Lanka)

1 Like

Thank you

So far I know we have 2 systems to send letters/postcards abroad

Pos Biasa LN (ordinary post for abroad) can be used to send postcard abroad, but this service doesn’t require stamps, instead it uses barcode (can be tracked), and it will be sent by ships (longer)

Pos Udara LN (airmail) is normally used to send postcards, this service requires stamps and can’t be tracked. Like its name it will be sent by plane (faster than ships)

I’ve asked official postal service (via Instagram) and it’s said that postcard can be sent via “Pos biasa LN” too

But if we want to send postcard by using stamps, then yes it would be under “Pos Udara LN” – which is still limited to many countries until today (sadly) :frowning:

Sorry it’s not in English but it’s to show that sending postcard is available via “Pos Biasa LN” , if someone want to send it by using trackable barcode :slight_smile: (although in the chat I asked about using stamps and the reply said “can be sent by Pos Biasa LN” lol)

However I’ll make sure ASAP myself irl when I visit post office about it

Although I’m sure most of us would prefer sending cards by using stamps

i’d like to add to this

Pos Biasa LN (ordinary post for abroad) can be used to send postcard abroad, but this service doesn’t require stamps, instead it uses barcode (can be tracked), and it will be sent by ships (longer)

Pos Udara LN (airmail) is normally used to send postcards, this service requires stamps and can’t be tracked. Like its name it will be sent by plane (faster than ships)

few months ago i was able to send a postcard using regular stamps from indonesia to russia, which is one of the country that is only serviced by “Paket Pos Biasa LN”, it took 2 months to a bit longer to arrive (2 months) and the postman at the central post office also confirmed it

So it proves that postcards with stamps can also be sent by “Pos Biasa LN”

I feel like our postal service in the end sends the postcards everywhere by sea anyways :joy: eventhough it’s said it can be sent by airmail. Could take a month to send postcard to SEA region like neighbouring Malaysia and Singapore, which normally wouldn’t take a month if it’s sent by airmail lol. But I guess they will still send it by air if the service is available

2 months to Russia sounds normal :joy:

I don’t want to speak ill for our postal service but, sometime even the officers aren’t aware of the service and the updates of it :sweat_smile: which makes it harder to give valid update here

1 Like

Hi there - I just emailed the customer service team in An Post (Ireland’s national postal service) about postage to the Isle of Man. I thought it was strange that it was on the list of jurisdictions here that were not receiving mail from Ireland - it is very, very close to the island of Ireland!

Anyway, An Post confirmed that they consider post to the Isle of Man to be the same as post to the UK, and postal services from Ireland to the Isle of Man are continuing as normal. You may want to remove it from the Postal Monitor list of countries not receiving post from Ireland. I don’t think anything else on the list is out of place, that one just jumped out at me!

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on October 2, 2021 at 05:43 UTC.
(Georgia, North Macedonia)

@catchycat @abiyyu @WildflowerGirl , thank you for the information! I will have Ana & Paulo take a look at your posts after World Postcard Day is over.

United States Postal Service has suspended mail delivery to Australia, New Zealand and Samoa. . UPS just currently have no way of getting the mail to us.

USA suspends mail delivery to Australia and New Zealand

Hi, @barryoc
There are many different mail types.
Here is the information from USPS (United States Postal Service)'s official website (click “View the suspensions”.)

*Australia’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets, International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

**New Zealand’s service disruption affects Priority Mail International® (PMI), First-Class Package International Service® (FCPIS®), Commercial ePacket (CeP), International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) packets, International Priority Airmail® (IPA®) M-Bags, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) packets, International Surface Air Lift® (ISAL®) M-Bags, and Airmail M-Bags.

The above lists are for packages, bulk, and priority mail (priority would cost at least $28.50 to send overseas)

Postcards or regular-sized letters to New Zealand/Ausralia are sent via “First-Class Mail International® (FCMI)” - which is not included in the suspension list, as of today.

1 Like

Jump to page content

USPS About website nameplate

Newsroom

Open/close navigation menu

Back
to top

Business service disruptions

Puerto Rico

9-9-21

San Juan P&DC, 585 Ave. FD Roosevelt, 00936 — All inbound and outbound mail processing operations for letter mail at this facility have been suspended indefinitely due to a safety issue. Mail processing operations for inbound letter mail from the continental U.S., Alaska and Hawaii have been moved to New York (Morgan) P&DC, 341 9th Ave., 10199. Outbound letter mail operations for all destinations domestic and international have been moved to Memphis, TN, P&DC, 555 S. BB King Blvd., 38101.

Drop shipments originating in Puerto Rico and destinating to Puerto Rico should be dropped as follows:

• Local origin Letters and Flats drop shipments should be dropped at the LSA Building, La Ceramica Industrial Park, Lot 1-A, Bo. Sabana Abajo, Calle Gildita. Open 24 hours and holidays.
  • All package drop shipments should be dropped off at a day DMDU Annex, 100 Ave. Conquistadores, Catano, 00962-9996. Open 24 hours daily and holidays.

Retail and PO Box services will remain at the San Juan Main Office located in the same building as the San Juan P&DC. Retail hours are Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., and Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Caparra detached PO Box hours are Monday through Saturday, 6 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/business/puerto-rico.htm

When my cards eventually get to their destination(if they do) they will have a cancelation mark from Memphis, TN. It will seem like I’ve send the card from there but San Juan Processing center is close and the situation is getting worse. They said in the news 30% more delays. This also affects all USVI(US Virgin Islands).

Starting 7th October, Malaysia post is able to deliver 145 countries
The selected 145 destination countries are Andorra, Angola, Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Barbados, Belgium, Benin, Bhutan, Botswana, Brazil, Brunei, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Cameroon, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chad, Chile, China, Colombia, Congo (Democratic Republic), Congo Republic, Costa Rica, Cote D’ Ivore, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Djibouti, Dominican Republic, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Estonia, Ethiopia, Faroe Islands, Fiji, France, French Polynesia, Gabon, Georgia, Germany, Ghana, Gibraltar, Greece, Freenland, Guam Islands, Guernsey (G.B), Honduras, Hong Kong, Hungary, Iceland, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Jamaica, Japan, Jersey, Jordan, Kenya, Kiribati, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Latvia, Lebanon, Lesotho, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macao, Maldives, Mali, Malta, Mariana Islands, Marshall Islands, Mexico, Monaco, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Netherlands, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niger Republic, Nigeria, Niue Islands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Palau, Paraguay, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Puerto Rico, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Rwanda, Samoa (U.S.A), Saudi Arabia, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Singapore, Slovakia, Slovenia, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Tanzania, Thailand, Togo, Tokelau Islands, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uruguay, United Arab Emirates, United States of America, United Kingdom, Vietnam, Virgin Islands (U.S.A), Wallis & Futuna Islands, Western Samoa and Zambia.

The official news is stated here
https://www.pos.com.my/faq/

5 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on October 6, 2021 at 08:00 UTC.
(Dominican Republic, Malaysia/to be updated on Oct 7)

1 Like

Malaysia update: Outbound services to 56 countries and from 7 October, it would be 145 countries.
See link here and the FAQ: https://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2021/09/22/pos-malaysia-resumes-outbound-services-to-56-countries
FAQ here: https://www.pos.com.my/faq/#category-container-71

Tagging @meiadeleite here!

@meiteoh Thank you for the updates!

1 Like

Postal Monitor for Malaysia is now updated (October 7th, 2am Kuala Lumpur Time)
As @peifern mentioned, the effective date is October 7th.
Please note that we usually do not change Postal Monitor until the effective date to avoid rejected/returned/lost mail. Thank you :wink:

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on October 7, 2021 at 06:06 UTC.
(Maldives, Slovak)