:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Since 09.09.2021 Poland can send again to Cambodia

P.S. Just out of curiosity - I’m wondering about the post office in Ecuador, nothing has changed there since the beginning of the pandemic. Has the post office really ceased to exist there and is still not functioning for that long? Because the mail sent to me a few days before closing has not arrived until today, I wonder what they did with all of this :thinking: Because it was some kind of action of Polish travelers and about 100 cards were shipped that day.
On the other hand, Ecuador has disappeared from the list of many countries in Mail Monitor, so it seems that there can be postage there. I don’t understand that, huh?

1 Like

I dont see Mongolia in the list above

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 11, 2021 at 06:10 UTC.

@Lavonq and @rahmawan
I can think of reasons why some countries are not on our list from the beginning and others had been on the list but disappeared some time later.

1. Countries that do not have a working/reliable postal website or social media account.
  2. Countries that never publish a list of suspensions or delays.
  3. Countries that had published a suspension list, but has not updated it over a year.
  4. Countries that publish multiple suspension lists and they do not match.
  5. Countries that keep on changing their platforms inconsistently (sometimes on a website, Twitter, or Facebook) or keep on changing the location of the list within their website. They publish, delete, then publish in a different spot, delete again, then publish yet in another spot…Therefore, it is hard to tell when the latest list is published and where t is.
  6. Countries that print out a list on paper and post at a post office, never publish it online.

We make efforts to make many attempts to contact those postal services via website, email, Twitter, Facebook, Telegram, etc. but unfortunately some of them just do not reply.
They are probably experiencing staff shortage and overwhelmed. :disappointed:

On the other hand, there are a few countries that had responded to our request and started maintaining their list :+1:

To be as accurate as possible, we usually do not block countries unless we receive a solid official statement from the government or the postal agency.

2 Likes

Hello! From Russia can be sent to Thailand. The official website indicated that delivery would only slow down and not be completely stopped.

2 Likes

I’ve just come across a strange thing. I wanted to send a postcard to Taiwan and decided to check if it’s possible on the Russian Post’s website. So, in the section where you can check the price of sending it says “unavailable”, but in the COVID section there is nothing about that.

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 14, 2021 at 09:18 UTC.

@miriginger I will relay your info to Ana & Paulo.

@Chieusa I checked again yesterday and looks like it was a website glitching.
Edit: I checked again now, there are two options: Taiwan (OK) and Taiwan China (unavailble). I don’t quite understand.

1 Like

Poste Italiane published a new update on 14th September 2021.

Italy :it: resumed mail to the following countries/territories :slightly_smiling_face::
Maldives
Venezuela

New total of suspended countries: 20

4 Likes

Seems there’s some glitch with their website. In any case, I can confirm that mail from Russia and Taiwan is flowing as normal (but with delays) which matches their list.

1 Like

Sri Lanka Post has resumed airmail to Nepal from today (15) onwards.
https://slpost.gov.lk/international-mail/air-mail-closing-dates/

2 Likes

Update for Malaysia: today I have received 2 Malaysian postcards that were cancelled in July 2020.
Looks like the international mail from Malaysia started to depart from country. Would be great to hear also from any other Postcrosser from any other country that he got mail from Malaysia.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 20, 2021 at 06:39 UTC.

Greeting from Malaysia
Malaysia post is open for international mail starting to 56 countries
The selected 56 destination countries are Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Egypt, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Hungary, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Maldives, Morocco, Netherlands, Norway, Oman, Pakistan, Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Qatar, Romania, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Serbia, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Tunisia, Turkey, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates and United Kingdom.

The information can be seen here

and
https://www.facebook.com/PosMalaysiaBerhad/photos/pcb.4313144505459528/4313143868792925

12 Likes

Malaysia Update! :malaysia:

https://www.pos.com.my/faq/#category-container-71

2 Likes

Can people from Malaysia send to the USA?

Not yet, but hopefully soon! :crossed_fingers:

So far not yet. Please wait for the update :slight_smile:

Since 22.09. Poland can send to:

Ecuador, Paraguay, Uganda, Suriname and Sint Maarten

2 Likes

Bosnia & Herzegowina:
It can send to Taiwan, I just checked the source (on the left are the countries you can send.)
https://www.postesrpske.com/medjunarodne-posiljke-3/
Postal Monitor says no.

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 26, 2021 at 09:02 UTC.

@linos203, as you know Bosnia & Herzegovia has 3 postal systems.
And each of them have a different set of countries they can send to.
Postcrossing is based on country-to-country postal exchanges, which means the exchange routes will open up when all three postal services send to a country.

Pošte Srpske and Hrvatska pošta Mostar send to Taiwan.
But BH Posta has not updated their list for one year, so we don’t know if they have started sending to Taiwan or not.

Because we don’t want your postcards to be rejected, returned, or lost, we need the most recent list from BH Posta.
That’s why I posted this 3 weeks ago.

1 Like