:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Sri Lanka Post has released a very unclear notice that they are going to suspend its operations until the 30th of August after operating only tomorrow (Saturday,21) for essential services. Currently, it has been released only in the Sinhalese language. The country is under a lockdown from today (20) until 30. Can @Prithika, @manjulaz & other SL Postcrossers help to clarify this suspension alert, please?

1 Like

I have no idea. SL post and gvt are always unclear with their statements. I think its like last time. Its not a fully lockdown but postal service will not work as last time. I can get you further information tomorrow from my neighbor who is a local postman. He might know.

1 Like

@Chieusa, @meiadeleite We made few inquiries. All regular postal services have suspended until further notice. Only few business services are operating. But I still couldn’t find any English document regarding this. Please let us know any further instructions regarding this.

@Chieusa , @meiadeleite , News is confusing at the moment. It said the post operations will continue for distributions. Lets wait till official news comes.

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on August 23, 2021 at 08:32 UTC.

@KRR , @Prithika, @manjulaz. Thank you so much for investigating!
I have been watching Sri Lanka Post website

Foreign Air Mail - Active Destination List from 01st August 2021 until further notice

and USPS: Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka Post advises the government has again imposed island-wide travel restrictions due to rapid spread of COVID-19. All mail items sent to the nation will be processed and delivered in compliance with restrictions and safety guidelines. The office of exchange and all other mail sorting centers are operating on a limited number of days with a reduced workforce. Processing and delivery of all inbound mail and transportation of outbound mail will be heavily impacted by the current situation. The post is unable to guarantee compliance with delivery standards for all mail categories.

Take care!

1 Like

Update from Bosnia - Hercegovina (Poste Srpske) (dated 09th August 2021)
Basically it is the same list, just re-confirmed. Parcels for Afganistan are suspended, but letters can still be sent.
https://www.postesrpske.com/eng/rokovi-medjunarodne-posiljke/

1 Like

Received the updated list of countries that Chile can send to.

1 Like

A wrong link is in Postal-monitor Site :
In the section

:libya: Libya does not send mail to 1 country: Israel

The source info link incorrectly points to :macau: Postage Calculator of Macau Post instead of :libya: Libya Post.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on August 28, 2021 at 09:06 UTC.

Hi, @mmpiglet. Welcome to the forum!
Could you provide the source of information (is it from "Correos de Chile?) and its url, please?

@hsiaofeng, thank you for catching that. We will fix it.

1 Like

Hi,

I had sent a message to Correos de Chile via their Facebook and they replied.

I am not able to access their url. An error message appears.

1 Like

Hi there,
Here’s the list of countries we can send from Bahrain.
Got this from the postoffice here.

2 Likes

Israel Post :israel: resumed mail to the following countries (31st August 2021) :slightly_smiling_face::
Chad
Sierra Leone
Suriname

Thank you!

2 Likes

Good news from yesterday :slight_smile:

The Post of Serbia has completely re-established international postal traffic with Iran.
As of September 2, 2021, the receipt of all types of postal items intended for Iran shall again be performed.

2 Likes

:white_check_mark: List on the first post was updated on September 5, 2021 at 09:43 UTC.

@Drakon75, thank you for the update.
Does anyone happen to know where to find the latest international letter post suspension (or availability) list for BH Posta?
It has not been updated for a year. I have contacted them a few months ago, but their list is still old.
I cannot update the Bosnia-Herzegovina list, unless BH Posta updates their list.

2 Likes

I’try to check out and let you know. :wink: For the moment there is only this:
https://www.posta.ba/servisne-informacije/
From 27th August ANY kind of mail addressed for Afganistan will not be accepted.

1 Like

SL Post has resumed its’ public operations from Today (06) onwards.

2 Likes

I have found a list of countries which users from Argentina are eligible to send post to. I believe there to be around 50 countries missing from this list.

1 Like

The Post of Serbia has completely re-established international postal traffic with Qatar.
As of September 7, 2021, post offices shall again receive all types of postal items for Qatar.

2 Likes

That seems to be the list of countries that people in Spain can send mail to (not Argentina)?

1 Like

My apologies, I had gotten onto that link from the Argentine version of the website. It appears that the Spanish and Argentinian websites follow the exact same format, which led to the confusion. Nonetheless, I’ve written to the postal service, so I hope to have a more thorough answer here soon.

1 Like