:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

I think everybody who sends mail to UA or RU should add the returning address on the postcard as things can change very fast.

I’ll scan my cards to both countries (picture and written side) and will contact my partners when the cards expire to ask if they want me to send it via e-mail. I would not show my postcard ID as I never ask to register a postcard when it hasn’t arrived. And if cards get returned I’ll keep them to send again whenever it’s possible.

As it looks like almost no flights to or from RU and UA are possible now, mail will take more time than normal - and RU always has been slow to some regions.

5 Likes

Pos Malaysia have suspended outbound mail services to Ukraine on their official Facebook account :

3 Likes

train, lorry, …

1 Like

They could send it through a 3rd country, but I imagine there will be a big update on the postal monitor tomorrow. I wouldn’t draw any addresses until that happens.

Postal Monitor was updated for:
France, Korea (South), Malaysia.

@Violet2022 France-Ukraine was added to Postal Monitor.
Thank you for contacting La Poste for the verification!

2 Likes

As of today, 28 February, Norway is not sending post to Russia.

1 Like

As today, Italy will not send tto Russia

2 Likes

Macedonia has also suspended mail to Russia

3 Likes

Cape Verde:cape_verde:
mail for Slovenia can be delivered (just received card from there)

Slovenia:slovenia:
Tajikistan is again on suspended list (source - 28.2.2022)

2 Likes

Poste Italiane published a new update on 28th February 2022.

Italy :it: suspended mail to the following countries/territories :slightly_frowning_face::
Cambodia
Macao
Myanmar
Turkmenistan

New total of suspended countries: 28

Thank you.

2 Likes

Romania suspends for now mail to Russia and Belarus.
Also, mail to Ukraine will suffer delays.

3 Likes

Belgian post (Bpost) suspended outgoing mails to both Russia and Ukraine as from this morning (according to customer support). This info will be published on their website in the coming days

The Irish post company, an post, has announced that all post to Moldova, Ukraine and Russia are suspended, kinda sad cuz I just saw it and I sent a postcard to Russia 40 minutes ago in the post office.

Proof:

2 Likes

Can you share a screenshot of your communication with them?

This is the answer I received from the callcenter this afternoon (on the phone). I asked where I could find this update but as this is fresh news (from today) Bpost website has not been updated yet. It would be done in the coming days. I posted this news already because some other Belgian postcrossers might be interested to know.
If you prefer, I can delete my message and re-post once Bpost website has been updated?

No, no — no need to delete your post about it, in fact, we appreciate that you let us know! :+1:

But as we always try to update the postal monitor with a source we can verify (ideally an official one) and point to, we’ll need to wait for their website to update. Hopefully they will do it soon.

1 Like

Luxembourg doesn’t send mail to Russia anymore starting today

2 Likes

Internationale vertragingen post en pakketten
28 februari 2022

Rusland

Door de sancties die de EU aan Rusland heeft opgelegd kunnen we op dit moment geen post en pakketten leveren naar Rusland.

Verwachte vertragingen: geen bezorging

Verdere updates over deze situatie zullen bekend worden gemaakt op onze website.

Emailalert for subscipants, webside not updated on time of my posting here.
Netherlands does not sent to Russia at the moment

2 Likes

Indeed.

2 Likes