:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Unfortunately the postal service has been very lazy with their website and social media.
The latest stamp for example that is featured in the philately corner is 2 years old.
This is what happens when you have a severe devaluation of the local currency and the staff are severely underpaid.

1 Like

I think you may forget to remove Australia from the suspension list about Korea(South)…

https://ems.epost.go.kr/front.EmsNewsDetail.postal?seq=1125&db=notice

Postnord in Sweden doesn’t accept mail for transport to Belarus and Russia due to sanctions.

Postnord hast resumed service to Russia an Belarus for letters and postcards lately

2 Likes

Good afternoon!

I was wondering why some countries cannot send to Bonaire, for example Belgium. I have no trouble receiving via private swaps from Belgium. All of our mail goes via the Netherlands, so if a country can send to the Netherlands, they can send also to Bonaire :relaxed:

@KRR Thank you, I found a list on their Facebook, but there were some vague information that I needed to verify with them. I will update Postal Monitor as soon as I hear from them.

@mazenfakih, thank you for sharing the internal note.

@junjie2012 South Korea → Australia is unfortunately blocked under the category 2. Big Data. Many postcards sent via surface mail from Japan and South Korea have been delayed so much or missing.

The block* on “surface mail only destinations” is implemented to avoid long-traveling/expired cards piling up, and that members don’t have to wait for months to send next official postcards.
*There is an exception: Surface mail from South Korea to Japan has been working, therefore, South Korea → Japan is not blocked on Postal Monitor.

Hi, @Inez001.

if a country can send to the Netherlands, they can send also to Bonaire

There are quite a few countries that separate “Bonaire” or “Netherlands Antilles” or “Caribbean Islands” from “Netherlands” on their availability list.
i.e. Australia Post sends to Netherlands but suspends to Bonaire, Sint Eustatius and Saba.
Ireland Post sends to Netherlands but suspends to Netherlands Antilles
Estonia Post sends to Netherlands but suspends to Kariibi mere piirkond =Caribbean. (We contacted them to figure out specifically which Caribbean islands they can send to.)

I don’t know. I guess it may be due to flight capacity issues and flight fuel surcharge that they may not be able to establish a fixed route to Bonaire officially?? They may still let your postcards “hitchhiked” on a parcel post or sent via an usual route using a different set of relay countries. Because they are just one-time or temporary routes, they cannot make them officially available??

As state in the first post of this thread, we follow the announcements from postal agencies.

For the better accuracy, we do not update Postal Monitor based on a few samples.
Some mail are lucky to “hitchhike” and get to suspended destinations, but there’s no guarantee that everyone else’s postcards will be treated in the same way.

We tend to be on the safer side and usually remove a suspended destination only when an official announcement has been made by the postal agency, because the main purpose of Postal Monitor is – we don’t want anyone to have their card rejected, returned, stuck for months, or lost.

If the information seems to be wrong or unclear, anyone can contact the postal agency to find out :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Austria, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Georgia, Singapore.

1 Like

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Anguilla, Australia, Austria, Cyprus, South Africa.

3 Likes

Hi. Japan Post resumes airmails to Israel, Italy, Ghana, Greece, San Marino, Tanzania, New Caledonia, Vatican, and Malta. Effective from tomorrow (just 2.5 hrs to go!).

Source:

3 Likes

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Costa Rica, Japan

@negyxo Thank you for the report!

1 Like

Albania, Dominican Republic, Paraguay

Poste Italiane :it: published an update regarding the situation in Ukraine :ukraine: - all postal services from Italy are suspended if addressed to the following regions in Ukraine:
Mykolaiv Region
Kharkiv Region
Zaporizhzhia Region
Kherson Region
Donetsk Region
Luhansk Region
The Autonomous Republic of Crimea

I know this isn’t a suspension for the whole country, but since a number of regions are affected, I decided to let you know anyway, so you can decide if it’s safer to suspend Ukraine from Italy or it’s not necessary.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Due to the stabilization of logistics chains and the emergence of alternative routes, Russian Post has opened the reception of small packages, parcels and EMS shipments to Brazil, Mexico and Chile.

P.S.: officers of Saint Petersburg’s post offices say that postcards and letters can also be send to these Latin American countries.

URL: https://www.pochta.ru/support/no-mail-exchange

2 Likes

These are the Oblasts where conflict is ongoing and where Ukrposhta can’t deliver mail to. While normally we can’t block by region, we have developed an exception for Ukraine so we are already not selecting addresses in these (for mail from all countries, not just Italy).

3 Likes

Indeed, thank you for your answer, @paulo!
Sorry, I didn’t know that addresses in these Oblasts are already not selected from all origins. But you are always a few steps ahead :wink:

1 Like

Hi! I have a question, I am wondering why France is no longer in the list for already a couple of months now. Is there a specific reason? Or is it a mistake?
Thanks in advance! :slight_smile:

Georgia, India, Russia, Tajikistan, Vietnam.

Hi, @cerisette79
Please refer to this post. According to La Poste, they don’t have suspended destinations for letter post.

2 Likes

@paulo
The Philpost of the Philippines just released a memo which I got from our local post office.

3 Likes

Ghana, Philippines

@Kewl, thank you for the information!

1 Like

Good news for Brazil:
8 ciuntores released:on July 5th:
Argentina, Bolívia, Catar, Chile, Colômbia, Uruguai, Paraguai and Venezuela.

3 Likes