:postcard: Mail Suspension Alerts

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Åland, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Finland.

@Drakon75 thank you for the link and the info about “*”.
I have contacted BH Posta and Hrvatska pošta recently. BH Posta emailed me an updated list, but Hrvatska pošta says their list has not changed (let’s hope they will update soon).

2 Likes

Czech post stopped accepting post to China. Check updated list on their website. Omezení mezinárodních služeb - Česká pošta

1 Like

Hi @toriaya — welcome to the forum! :wave:

At the page they are not listing China as suspended. And on the spreadsheet file, it seems to say that it was temporarily suspended from April 22nd but was resumed on the 28th:

Obnoveno přijímání zásilek dne 20.4.2020. Opětovně zastaven příjem dne 22. 4. 2022. Opětovně obnoveno přijímání zásilek dne 28.4.2022.

Am I misunderstanding the translation perhaps?

Postal Monitor has been updated for:
Singapore, Tajikistan, United Arab Emirates, Vietnam

1 Like

Poste Italiane - new update on 9th May 2022.

Italy :it: suspended mail to :slightly_frowning_face::
Botswana

New total of suspended countries: 18

:arrow_right: San Marino :san_marino: - Poste San Marino has no new updates, we can keep the Postal Monitor in sync with the suspensions by Poste Italiane.
:arrow_right: Vatican :vatican_city: - Poste Vaticane has no new updates either, we can keep the Postal Monitor in sync with the suspensions by Poste Italiane.

Thank you!

2 Likes

When was the Belarus mail suspension removed from USA? Am I able to mail a postcard now?

It was removed on April 30th, so things should work now! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

New update:

Postal services from UAE to Ukraine are currently suspended.

I was at the post office yesterday and they’ve informed me that it got suspended again.

I sent a Belarus card out yesterday.

1 Like

The UAE Post has updated the list of available destinations just a few days ago and they list Ukraine as a working destination.

Nonetheless, I reached out to their customer support today and they said that regular mail (eg: postcards) works for Ukraine, but not courier (which is not commonly used for postcards).

Were you trying to send a postcard via regular post? Maybe you can show them that page at the post office?

Thank you, I sent one today, let’s hope it gets to it’s destination.

Moldova is suspending all postal correspondence outbound to Russia, as per this recent Facebook post on the official page of Poșta Moldovei. Approximate translation:

Poșta Moldovei communicates that starting 13 May 2022 receiving any kind of postal items (EMS, letters, packages) bound Russia is suspended for technical reasons.

2 Likes

Austria, Greece, Italy, Moldova, Nepal, Norway, Philippines, San Marino, Svalbard and Jan Mayen, Vatican, Virgin Islands of the USA

Thank you for your report @SincerelyGeo!

1 Like

USA USPS international suspensions update from May 13, due to covid

Hi, @milexing Thank you for the post.
The May 13th update was for Global Express Guaranteed® Service.

We are looking at the “suspensions” list that shows on the top.
And we monitor First-Class Mail International® (FCMI) which affects letters and postcards (currently the following 20 countries except Australia, China, and New Zealand).

Bosnia-Herzegovina, Costa Rica, Latvia.

From May 13th Brazil sending mail to TAIWAN again!

Slowly, slowly open services…

4 Likes

Postal Monitor was updated for:
Austria, Brazil, Japan, Jordan, Latvia, New Caledonia, Uruguay.

1 Like

I contacted An Post (Ireland) today who told me that it is possible to send post from Ireland to the overseas regions of France.

That’s useful information! :+1: Did they by chance mention which ones though? A quick look rendered some confusing results. Some of the overseas territories are indeed serviced by France’s La Poste which explains what An Post says, but some of the French overseas territories seem to have their own Postal Operator, so it’s not clear if those can be reached too (through France). If they didn’t mention, could you ask?

@Violet2022 Maybe you could you help here? I imagine those destinations are considered domestic to La Poste so they are likely listed somewhere?