How Many Postcrossing Stamps ? :postcrossing:

There is already a list of Postcrossing stamps and postmarks on the Forum

The German postcrossing stamp will be an offial stamp released by Deutsche Post or how do you define oficial?

We Germans were trying for so long to get a postcrossing stamp. Now we finally do.

1 Like

Thanks, very informative!

I am not sure, which one are you referring to? Maybe I misunderstood; by official, I mean officially released by the Deutsche Post. I thought that those I saw were personalized stamps, indivual initiative for a meetup.
But yes, the 2022 stamp is indeed an official stamp, I made a confusion in my head, sorry about that!
Itā€™s really really great that you can have this Postcrossing stamp!

1 Like

Yes, the one that will be released in October will be the first oficial postcrossing stamp that we will get :slight_smile: We do not yet have one :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Malaysia has one although it doesnā€™t officially say ā€œPostcrossingā€ but instead the Malay translation of ā€œPost Crossingā€

I still have a few of these left (the stamps on the top left & bottom left) if anyone is interested in receiving a card with this stamp :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Really great! I saw that stamp but as I didnā€™t see the word Postcrossing, I wasnā€™t sure about it.
Thanks for sharing!

1 Like

FYI, I actually wrote to the committee in Ottawa, pleading, begging, tempting, alluring, inviting, intriguing, enticingā€¦on the idea of a Canadian postcrossing card and stampā€¦I even sent them the maple syrup card as a weeee suggestion.
What you may not know about me, I donā€™t do anything without a plan, every month I will send them a gentle reminder, until we as CANADIANS get some representationā€¦so let it be written so let it be done winkā€¦

4 Likes

Glad youā€™re doing that, but I think it would take a concerted letter writing campaign (not emails, not a petition) over a couple of years by 1000ā€™s of us to really get their attention. And I think weā€™d need the support of other mail/stamp groups as well.

There are many, many community NGOs ahead of us in line & that allotment is extremely small for those groups.

2 Likes

I get that but I do know people who know people winkā€¦ oh and I wrote a letter in an envelope with a card, stamps and registered to a board memberā€¦.wink

And what ? there are other stamp, letter groups, I do not want to know any more informationā€¦this forum is keeping me busy enough, I just joined end of May and I already have over 1000 cards printedā€¦and now I am doing up fall and Christmasā€¦yikesā€¦.and tell me why is there never sales on stampsā€¦like buying in bulk?

Since thereā€™s been so many Postcrossing stamps that have been issued, perhaps the administrators should consider establishing a Postcrossing country. It seems silly to have so many stamps that arenā€™t representative of any actual land. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s innumerable vacant islands on which to lay claim.

3 Likes

Oh, that sounds very ambitious!
But what do you mean by ā€œso many stamps that arenā€™t representativeā€?

What I meant was, for example, if you see an Australian stamp, you might, of course, think of the large land mass of Australia. So I think it would be only appropriate that if a person were to see a Postcrossing stamp, he or she would associate it with a specific piece of land, or other type of ā€œplace.ā€ Perhaps youā€™ve heard of the Principality of Sealand, founded on top of an old platform, in The North Sea? Certainly itā€™s not much to look at, but theyā€™ve issued their own passports, and, most importantly, postage stamps. Why canā€™t there be a Principality of Postcrossers, with a population of 802,496 strong? Itā€™s important that we dream big.

3 Likes

Yes, I get it :heart:
Maybe you should write it in the suggestions?

1 Like

If anyone has a little island that they can donate to Postcrossing, weā€™ll take it!

First order of business: building the post office! :smiley:

16 Likes

As announced by @meiadeleite in the blog (thanks a lot for this great blog by the way), there are two new Postcrossing stamps, so Iā€™ll add them on post #14 :blush:
And I put them here once again, because they are really nice!
:heart: :postcrossing:

12 Likes

Such a pity! The publicity could actually have the effect of increasing the # of Canadian Postcrossers, resulting in more postcards being sent AND consequently more revenue for Canada Post too. Win-win.

2 Likes

Sadly, I think theyā€™re looking for much bigger fish than postcard senders.

Oh I simply ADORE the 2018 Aland Islands stamp! Iā€™m pretty sure thatā€™s how some of my mail arrives in Australiaā€¦floatingā€¦across the seas forever and ever and ever :rofl:. I need this stamp!

It may be true, but @doryfera is also right in my opinionā€¦ Almost 75,000 postcards have been sent from Canadian postcrossers since the 1st of January of this year, so that makes a lot of stamps!

I think we should just do like Linus58; sending postcards / letters (optionally emails :)) to those who are in charge of creating stamps, until they realize it would be a nice idea :blush: See what happened in Germany!
By the way, I thought it would be nice to pay tribute to Linus58 now that itā€™s official that a German Postcrossing stamp will finally be released.
If you agree, click on this link, I explain my point of view.

And if you have any idea of how to do more (to thank him), please feel free to share your ideasā€¦

1 Like