How do you store your stamps?

After Graham Beck noted that the Lighthouse stockbooks popular among stamp collectors will (usually) hold full sheets, I picked one up on Amazon. And, I really love it – less of a hassle than the piles of glassine envelopes I had, and it’s easy to get a look at lots of stamps at a glance rather than having to thumb through them. I only use it for non-Forever stamps, though – we have a organizer drawer where we put all our sheets of Forever stamps.

I have stored my postcard in a trunk box which I had gifted from my uncle

I store the stamps I’m going to use in a stamps album for stamp collection. :sweat_smile: I have new stamps of online order that will arrive soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I try to sort them by theme. We don’t have that many stamps available here so I use some from other french oversea territories. I’m glad it works. Just have to reach 1,50€.

13 Likes

I store my stamps in a binder:

It is organized by denomination, starting with 1 cent all the way to 55 cent.

Older stamps, that are water activated, are stored in baseball card sheets:

10 Likes

I got an oder stamp album to finally store my unused stamps in a proper way! Then I realized that I need to stop buying stamps and should use up what I already have first. :speak_no_evil:

9 Likes

I store my roll of stamps in a tin. I got it on my first international trip ever (to England).

I also found a similar link on this topic here:

7 Likes

I use an a5 binder divided in sections and store my stamps by increasing denomination.

• 1 cent to just below current postcard rate (so 1 to 35 cent right now)
  • Current postcard rate to just under regular, domestic forever rate (36 to 54 cent)
  • 55 cent/Domestic Forever stamps
  • 56 cents and up (Mostly this is for Global Forever stamps, but it also includes my non-machinable 75 cent and one dollar definitive stamps)

Modern peel and stick stamps on sheets just get tucked into clear page protectors. Older, moisture activated stamps go in little glassine envelopes when I have them, or I also make little pockets out of the big glassine (or glassine-like) envelope they put my stamps in when I buy them direct from the post office.

e

Edit to add: those roll dispensers are so cool looking, it makes me want to buy a roll of stamps just to buy a dispenser! But I think I’ll stick to using my current stash for now. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey there folks… I get old stamps on EBay and then part of the fun is sorting out the random batches by denomination. The Christmas stamps go into one box and regular stamps go into another. I hold out ones I think someone might be particularly interested in for special use.

All the stamps that don’t have glue go into a folder and I use a glue stick when I am on vacation to prepare postcards.

Used stamps that come into my life are taken to create notecards. I decorate the outside of a blank card with various stamps for a simple mail art. Those notecards get a warm response. Always.

Be well. Have fun!

1 Like

When I had a lot of different denominations (bought some odd-lots off ebay) I stored them in a Pokemon card collecting binder I had left over from my actual Pokemon collection. Now that I’m finally (!) down to just a few denominations I just have them in a basket on my bookshelf near my letter / postcard writing supplies.

This is a variation of the baseball card holder sheets. I use the ones meant for coin flips. I like to organize them by themes and denominations. I used a white sheet of paper as a separator so that the stamps can be seen more clearly.

A video of me flipping the album is here https://www.instagram.com/p/CODfGgmriBr/

7 Likes

Heh. My stamps are in a big ol’ stack on my shelf. They’re somewhat organized; I have them in a stack, top-to-bottom, of domestic Forever stamps (boring flag stamps for business letters, designs for letters, then a few specific varieties for serious letters, holidays, and birthday cards), then my other stamps in descending order by denomination (global Forever, domestic postcard, additional ounce, five cents). My airmail stickers live just on top of the global Forever.

What is stocksheets

Stocksheets come in various sizes.
You need Ring Binders to keep these.
Taiwan made stocksheets are available in India.
Affordable rates and good quality

1 Like

Hello! It has been a while since anyone posted in this topic, so I am wondering if there’s anyone else who would like to share how they store their stamps? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I use the stamp album for my collections.

Bags and candy cases for the stamps I’m going to use.

7 Likes

In China, we usually use a transparent PP material bag, we call it “the bag that protects stamps”

I store my stock of stamp sheets in this vintage tin, a birthday gift from a friend.

5 Likes

This is my trusty leather accordion pouch that I’ve been storing my stamps in since joining Postcrossing.

It has 6 compartments, but I only use 2 for the stamps — the top and the bottom. Because those two are slightly longer in length because of how it was made.

I repurpose the plastic covers that come with some postcards to protect the stamps.

The side with the price tag goes to the back of course so that the front is nice and clear.

I don’t have a specific order for them.

But I do group the ones from the same series together.

This method of storing my stamps works well because it easily accommodates all sizes.

That’s about all on my stamp storage system for now. Thank you for reading! It’s been really fun sharing.

12 Likes

Wow I love all these recent replies! Looks great everyone!

1 Like

Thanks @scrutiny for the friendly reminder :+1:t2:

I store my stamps in this folder for years now

Sorted by value (these are the ones I use most often)

Sorted by theme (special occasion, cars, sports, small value and Historical Mail Vehicles minisheets)

The black paper sleeves can be easily pulled out, I love to use them

The special values are rather messy:

Christmas is kept separately (as well as some super-special minisheets)

And my own stamp collection is in an album, of course

4 Likes