How do you store your stamps?

A cheap, over-stuffed accordion folder. Not very pretty, I’m afraid.

4 Likes

Oh, I tried that folder and I liked it. It is very convenient to get stamps out of compartments. It only didn’t have enough sections to sort out the stamps at denomination. But sorting by themes is cool!

I do the same - an accordian-style coupon holder.

1st pocket - 0¢ to 9¢
2nd pocket - 10¢
3rd pocket - 11¢ to 34¢
4th pocket - 35¢ - for postcards inside the US
5th pocket - 36¢ to 54¢
6th pocket - 55¢ - for mail inside the US
7th pocket - 56¢ and up, plus return address labels

Usually, for sending postcards internationally, I’ll use 2 x 55¢ + 10¢ stamp, which is why the 10¢ ones get their own pocket.

3 Likes

Love the train stamps in the little box!!

Sorted into envelopes, by country. Then in to Stamp Albums. Duplicates are donated or gifted

I store my stamps in 4D Ring binder with A4 size Acid Free Plasic sleeves. Very easy to store full sheets.
If there are singles and blocks then I use Glassine Envelopes.
I am a stamp collector hence I have a spare Stockbook for stamps to be used for postage. Sometimes I use the Stocksheets also. These come in various sizes.
If you are not collector then Glassine envelopes or A4 Ring binder solution comes as handy (to sort by denomination - easier for use)

1 Like

Does anyone here use stamp dispensers of any kind?

I was about to make a new topic for this, but I decided to ask here first! A coil of 100 sweet little bunnies hopped into my mailbox recently, and I need a stamp coil dispenser to store them. I have one of these, which I love:

2017-USPS-Stamp-Coil-Dispenser

…but it’s currently occupied by a school of fish. (Coral reefs, I know.) And I just became aware of this little cutie from several years ago:

…but they are tricky to find! And of course, there are others–I’ve found beautiful antique brass ones, but I’m having trouble justifying paying ~$50USD for such a simple tool. :cold_sweat: And I would prefer something a bit more…[ahem] decorative than the plain plastic ones from office supply stores.

Do you have one that you love? Have you ever made one yourself?

17 Likes

I just do a rudimentary one with the plastic wrap it’s in. I opened it slightly at the center and uncoil it from the inside out. It stays together well and no additional investment was made to keep it tidy.

1 Like

As a newbie, I’ve been storing my stamps in this sad little box. And look, I’ve only got one stamp left! :frowning:

But never fear, thanks to tips I’ve read in other threads, I have a bunch of exciting new (and vintage) stamps on order. I’m sure once my new treasures arrive, I will need a more suitable box to keep them in. :love_letter:

3 Likes

I don’t know why I never thought of that… thanks for the inspiration, I just made mine. Stamps finally have thir home :relaxed:

2 Likes

I tried different boxes, folders, but finally came to best option for me. In DYI store I’ve purchased organizer. All my stamps sorted by face value now.

21 Likes

I use big envelope for special ones, or ones which I want to use with frames or pictures, and business card book for everyday-use ones

And of course the collected ones are in special stamps albums (not a real collector, so don’t even know how it’s called :smile:)

4 Likes

I threw the all into a drawer

1 Like

Wow such pretty pretty stamps…I love them :blue_heart::tulip:

1 Like

Hi from germany :smiley:.
I sort my stamps into a folder that is actually for trading cards. Priviously I had a folder for (50 ?) business cards , but suddenly it became too small… :joy:, I don´t know why :rofl::rofl::rofl::sunglasses:

2 Likes

I have a self made storage for the stamps. They are sorted by motives and value.

8 Likes

After Graham Beck noted that the Lighthouse stockbooks popular among stamp collectors will (usually) hold full sheets, I picked one up on Amazon. And, I really love it – less of a hassle than the piles of glassine envelopes I had, and it’s easy to get a look at lots of stamps at a glance rather than having to thumb through them. I only use it for non-Forever stamps, though – we have a organizer drawer where we put all our sheets of Forever stamps.

I have stored my postcard in a trunk box which I had gifted from my uncle

I store the stamps I’m going to use in a stamps album for stamp collection. :sweat_smile: I have new stamps of online order that will arrive soon. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: I try to sort them by theme. We don’t have that many stamps available here so I use some from other french oversea territories. I’m glad it works. Just have to reach 1,50€.

13 Likes

I store my stamps in a binder:

It is organized by denomination, starting with 1 cent all the way to 55 cent.

Older stamps, that are water activated, are stored in baseball card sheets:

10 Likes