Hard to Please?

Hiking would be very easy for me living here in the Alps, there are lots of cards with mountains from every perspective available, some also with hikers included.

Bar - city life, night scene, local drinks, an ad for a bar or a drink.

Also, of course, just because someone mentions some hobby it doesn’t mean they expect cards about that hobby.

Cards around sports and/or sports clubs are out there too, also about sports event. Depending on your town/area you could ask at your local club. (easier if it’s soccer-football, more diffcult in DE with football-football, I guess). That’s how I ended in a AC Milan fanshop during one trip.

As always: suggestions/wishes are an option, not a must.

4 Likes

From recents:

“Please safe illustrated, religious, ad, art, sports, traditional clothes, interior of museums cards for those who enjoy these cards. I don’t really”.

:melting_face: :melting_face: :melting_face:

I don’t like such demanding profiles…

7 Likes

I like those, for they are easy to disregard and here I can simply grab a cheap advertisment card, write happy poatcrossing on it, besides address and id of course, put a stamp on it and let it go.

6 Likes

For me, that is more excluding than demanding, and it’s excluding themes that are more on the specific side, not the usual standard ones (like are, for me, touristy or animals). So without knowing the rest of the profile, it’s hard to judge if this really is hard to please or not.
And I rather have someone telling me what they don’t like - in a basic friendly way - than sending an expensive museum tradition card which they would not enjoy.

Of course you have the right to feel however you feel about the profile.

6 Likes

This profile seems frustrating to me because the anti-wish list covers about 90% of the common cards themes. So if you don’t like most of the normal cards, I think there is little joy in postcrossing for you…

5 Likes

Some of those categories I have never sent, others very rarely. I would find them easy to avoid, rather than ‘common’ from my experience.

6 Likes

No. For it does not comprise view cards.

3 Likes

Brilliant ideas: blank cards or selfie cards for the hard to please! They would certainly be unique!

2 Likes

I’ve sent these people cards I wouldn’t necessarily want myself at times where it was challenging to handle their preferences, thinking “I’ll be fine with a polite ‘Thank you’ and we both move on.”

5 Likes

Generally speaking, I have summarized that it is always a good idea to send out local hand-painted food meatup postcards…

3 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::+1:t2:

1 Like

I’m new on post crossings. What surprised me was when I requested my first 5 cards and 2 men wanted cards of naked women. I would hope they don’t post them on the website. Needless to say I wouldn’t send them, I’d pick something generic.

2 Likes

I think that person may not be sure about how to formulate her thoughts in English. I hope she tended to say that she would send a thank-you message with a few kind words about every postcard she gets. But I guess everyone does so.

1 Like

People like different things and this is OK. As discussed here before this website is for adults, children must be supervised on this side so these people can upload the picture of the postcard if they like.
I don’t get these requests often so it is a huge coincidence you got two profiles with this request. You don’t have to send such cards. I don’t keep them in stock either.
People like different things and in some cultures things are accepted and in others they are not. Is it not nice to learn how different people and cultures are?

8 Likes

Lately I got I think four members in row, who liked nude or erotic. It’s very rare. I was thinking how strange this would feel if it happened to a new member, I would have thought what is this place, even though I don’t mind nudity in general. Like @Robinchen wrote, it’s just coincidence. I have sent nude men cards but I just don’t like such cards myself.

Frontal nudity is removed from the gallery, if someone reports it, but otherwise nude, it’s ok. It’s good the gallery photos are so small you can just not look at those and what I’ve seen it’s mainly beautiful normal people lookin people.

Sometimes things appear in groups, it can go a year until you get a nude card liker next. If you don’t like seeing such cards, maybe also then don’t look what cards they received or sent, and send some card, and hope they don’t have it already.

2 Likes

Hi Samantha. Welcome to Postcrossing, and to the Forum. It’s true members share many different interests on their profile, but since you are the sender, you can choose whatever you wish to send. I think it’s unusual that you happened to draw two members who both had this in their profile in your first round of cards…
If you’re interested, here’s some more forum posts about this topic, as you can see, there’s plenty of discussion. Hope this is helpful.

4 Likes

I’ve been at it a couple years now and today I got the pickiest profile I’ve seen yet. Like you said, it had a list of 18 things they don’t like. And the tone was demanding, insisting that it be written a certain way, and that if it came in an envelope it must be blank and I should send tea. Of course, there were about 20 categories of things they wanted - but only a couple of those were cards I had, and it went on to say that I must check their link to make sure I didn’t send a duplicate.
The way the profile was written took a lot of the fun out of it, and I do know that I don’t have to meet demands, but I found one that I hoped just maybe they would like, and after addressing it, I couldn’t think of anything to say - and I’m usually pretty creative. My message ended up being something like “hi - hope you like this - it’s had many likes from others; have a happy day”.
Then I came to this thread not so much to whine about the profile - I’m sure there are a few like that - but to ask: what kind of message have you sent to this type of profile before?

12 Likes

That can be hard when there doesn’t seem to be anything in common with their profile. When that happens to me, I write about the weather, or about my city/region. Or I ask them questions, if I can think of some related to their topic(s) of interest.

6 Likes

I have sent blank cards in an envelope to the two who wanted them. Neither of them is registered.

3 Likes

Yes, but also sometimes AD company cards or free gallery cards. I often find so cool ad cards. Some cards which are Most often favorited at my send wall are ad cards.

5 Likes