Feedback on profile texts

For me, your profile is good, nicely written and enough information about you. :slight_smile:
The little emojis give it a nice touch, and eaaier to get the content of a paragraph.

1 Like

I like your profile. It is very well structured an clear, but the term researcher is not so clear. Are you a scientist at a university or do you do opinion polls on the telephone? I’d like to have more information on this point.

1 Like

Thanks Ralf, I will change that part!

i disagree. i think it’s very important to tell me the names of all your pets. tell me everything about them.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot for your precious feedback @AwokenSoul and @RalfH, I’ll work on my profile tonight :blush:
I’ll follow all your advices except for the part on my cats’ names :smiley_cat: (don’t worry, @mchay :smiley_cat: )

4 Likes

Dear all, after very interesting discussion about privacy (The Other Side of the Card) so I added a disclaimer in both my profiles (https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Xute and https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Kaye-the-Barbarian) and to forum profile as well.

The added part is ‘Please, keep in mind that I post the pictures of remarkable postcards in my blog, and sometimes stamps and decoration of the backside while all personal data is blurred. I try to treat everyone’s privacy with great care, but if I made a mistake, please tell me’

I’m not sure now, because now with the disclaimer I might really look like I’m using other people personal data, which I never do intentionally.

So what do you think?

2 Likes

I think, your text says clearly, that you will respect the privacy.

1 Like

I read the discussion in the other topic, and maybe someone will misinpret your disclaimer or overread it, but for me it’s clear that you only want to show decorations and private information.

Maybe you could use are warning sign emoji at the proffile to let it stand out more, but I think it’s good that you first introduced yourself and later the disclaimer.

1 Like

I for my part think, perhaps move it more in the beginning. Somewhere here people who didn’t read long profiles, mentioned still reading the top of the profile.

Also, the language you use, is more on the difficult side, I’d say, and the style " i ride giant kittens and have a pegleg" might be stopping point for someones. So that’s why I’d keep that note more easily visible/notable.

For me, the phrasing “keep in mind” sounds a tiny bit imperative, like “remember, I told this”, “beware” “think this at all times when you write to me” :laughing: but it can be a language difference.
And I’d leave the “try” away, so “I care about everyone’s privacy”.

1 Like

This one is language difference for me too. I cannot promise I care fully about privacy according to standards of certain person, which can be unreasonably high. C’mon we’re living in the world when people could get triggered by anything innocent. I personally dislike profiles which start with warnings, don’ts etc. The ‘keep in mind’ - I agree, I didn’t find better wording yet =( Thank you!

@RalfH @Jarana Thank you for input! I like the idea with warning emoji, because I think to put it to the beginning of profile puts off from profile very much - like starting small-talk by listing your sicknesses :sweat_smile: From the joke-barbarian profile, I decided to remove the warning since it doesn’t fit, but I will put the text that the drawings of battle axes can be seen in my blog, so it would imply that backsides are shown sometimes.

1 Like

I think, you could also omit “Please, keep in mind that” completely. Or you could write “Please regard that …” instead.

1 Like

Hi, could I get some feedback on my profile, please? What do I need to do to facilitate that? I’m super new and still learning, so thanks!

It is a great profile :slight_smile: Really invites to write the card and I got several ideas about what to write just after one reading. Loving that last suggestion about jokes, that is a clever and fun one!

The only thing I would change is to separate the text more clearly into 2-4 paragraphs (and have empty space between each) to make it bit easier to read. Reading from screen is bit different than reading from paper, so it is good idea to make clear paragraphs and leave one empty line between each when writing something that will be read mainly from screen.

1 Like

Done! Thank you for the feedback!!

Please rate my profile. There is a lot of text there, because I like it when I get a new address and I can read profiles for a long time and recognize a person.

:arrow_right: https://www.postcrossing.com/user/Helga_VA

Thank you!

1 Like

This seems to be very interesting topic. I always feel confused about my profile. If some of you can give feedback, it will be really wonderful. How do I start to get feedback

1 Like

I like your profile! It tells a lot about you and has a wishlist which is clearly not an orderlist!
If you ever change your profile picture, I’d be curious to see the mentioned London tatoo.

:arrow_up: I added a photo with a tattoo to the album, please try to see :slight_smile: Thank you for your feedback on my profile and for your interest in the tattoo)

1 Like

That is a big one coverin all of your left forearm.

@monarja
hello! i see nothing wrong with your profile. why change ? it is really wonderful that you clearly mention every card received is special. pleased to meet you