Feedback on profile texts

In my eyes it is totally fine. I like it.

1 Like

I agree, itā€™s a good profile.

1 Like

Looks good! I always enjoy it when the profile talks a little about the place where the person lives. If you would like to add something about your town, or State, that would be interesting to read.

Welcome to Postcrossing! I hope you love it as much as we do. :two_hearts:

2 Likes

I think itā€™s extremely cute and quite clear, I like how you thought of people who arenā€™t that fluent in English :relaxed:

Hi @KentuckyDave ! I think your profile is good. It doesnā€™t make any ā€˜demandsā€™ just says what youā€™d especially like. Itā€™s good that you write what you want to know about the sender too. Sometimes itā€™s easy to pick a postcard because people have written a list of their likes but not really written about themselves or what they want to know from other people. I find these postcards really hard to write but maybe they donā€™t care about whatā€™s on the back :joy:

I think the problems are when write ā€œDONā€™T SEND ME X,Y,Z, CHECK MY GALLERY AND DONā€™T SEND DUPLICATES, I WANTā€¦ā€ Those profiles are off-putting.

2 Likes

I have updated my profile. People often complained I was too specific and they wouldnā€™t know what to send to me. I do not want this at all and tried to find a way around this.

Opinions welcome.

I like your profile :slight_smile: You tell us a bit about yourself, the type of postcard you like and also what you would prefer not to receive. I donā€™t think itā€™s too specific at all :+1:

1 Like

As a non-native-speaker I had to read this sentence twice to understand. With superficial mood and only basic english skills, one could misunderstand it as ā€˜as long as you send expensive cardsā€™

Maybe: But I love all kinds of postcards. Just send a card you think I will like.

(itā€™s a never-ending challenge with communication to find a balance between sophisticated and simple)

As it was mentioned itā€™s easy to understand for non-native speaker I showed it to my son (heā€™s also a Postcrosser).

His English skills areā€¦wellā€¦heā€™s not a language genius to be honest. Due to some issues heā€™s still missing a lot of basics. He said that this profile is very easy to understand and he wishes also the English lessons at school could be that easy.

There were one, two words he tripped over but there he found the emojis really helpful and also his dictionary could help him. This is not always the case as people often use slang or abbreviations which are common in their region but not in English lessons in a far away country.

1 Like

I would delete the definition of postcards, for that looks like you are a schoolmaster.
And I would remove tripple expression marks, for a !!! at the end of a sentence means to me ā€œdonā€™t you grasp it, you damned idi*t?ā€ and that is not really friendly.
But in general your profile is fine to me.

1 Like

Welcome Dave. I found your profile pretty good for the most part. The other members made some very good suggestions for you.

There is one area that I might have a slightly different view. That is regarding preferences. Your list is good overall. But my feeling is that listing cards you donā€™t wish to receive is also appropriate. Really with so many new folks joining, they might appreciate what they should avoid sending. It really depends how on you word it. Statements like ā€œDonā€™t send meā€¦ā€ are very crass. As you go along here, you will notice that some will take issue with you over this. Ignore them. The perfect profile does not exist. Some will try to follow your preferences; many will not.

1 Like

Hi! Welcome!
Great profile - I would find it really easy to pick, write and send a card.

My only question would be this:

nature scenesā€‹:national_park:

for natural scenes, are you saying that the only ones of interest are national parks? Thatā€™s how I would read it so would not send nature if I had other options from the interest list.

Enjoy postcrossing!

But a ā€œPleaseā€ before the ā€œdonā€™tā€ turns it much friendlier, I think.

2 Likes

Yes, it certainly does.

The :national_park: was an emoji that didnā€™t copy when i pasted my profile. It is this emoji :national_park:, which of it doesnā€™t show again is a river, trees and a mountain in the background. The emoji itself doesnā€™t necessarily limit itself to national parks, but rather nature.

The same thing happened with mosques. The emoji didnā€™t cross over, but :mosque: did for some reason.

2 Likes

Ahhhhh :grinning:
Now it makes sense.
Seriously - a good profile.
Hope you enjoy postcrossing!!

Hi,I would love to hear your feedbacks on my profile .Thanks :innocent:
https://www.postcrossing.com/user/bayankod

1 Like

It is a nice one!
I think, you could alsoadd some Turkish writers that you like. Maybe Iā€™d like to discover their works.

1 Like

Ooh,good idea

Hi everyone! I just joined. I tried to do my best on my profile but I donā€™t know if itā€™s any good. I looked at a few examples but yeah. šŸ˜®ā€šŸ’Ø

1 Like