[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

6 Likes

Did anyone else know that you can track items sent 1st/2nd class when the post office
issues a gold horizon sticker?

There is a PRN number just above the barcode and when that is scanned after delivery you can see
it on the website, I never knew this until today.

1 Like

Yup, though they’re very unlikely to scan letters or large letters, and inconsistent with parcels :grin: I liked it when I did eBay back in the 2010s!

1 Like

In the General Topics part of the forum, someone has put up a link to a delightful YouTube video about Postcrossing. The two women in it are in the UK (London).

5 Likes

A postage stamp design forming part of Rochdale’s War Memorial.

7 Likes

She found space for cushions, a mini library & fake plants but not for her husband :joy: x

3 Likes

To be fair, the husband is larger than these things! :laughing:

5 Likes

Last call to enter the BI chain lottery for a collection of Wallace and Gromit cards! I’ll be drawing the winning number later on today…

3 Likes

After a week of no post (aside from one cute bunny postcard, thanks again Martyn) all this has arrived!

Including 4 cards from Russia (one sent in February), a Royalty I Spy, 2 great BI Forum prizes, vintage Royal cards for my collection & my order from Rather Good Art. Plus not shown are several other postcard purchases, our postal voting forms & my husband’s updated driving licence photo-card. Am I really to believe this hasn’t been saved up somewhere?!

Thank yous to follow on appropriate threads! x

11 Likes

I received this unusual 3D printed postcard from the USA - the sender’s first attempt at producing one.

8 Likes

Hello everyone

I’m after making a rubber stamp like some of you have to put on my postcards as my signature.im just not sure how to go about designing one. Also a postbox stamp too I can’t seem to find one anywhere I did see one a while ago but it seems to have disappeared!

1 Like

Is this of interest

2 Likes
2 Likes

Spme of these are nice… assuming size ok

2 Likes

After her recent accident, I sent The Princess Royal a postcard featuring the top of a lighthouse (she is obsessed with them) containing two deckchairs. Today I received this

12 Likes

How lovely @moonraker_girl !

1 Like

That was really kind of you. Have you written to other family members? :crown: x

2 Likes

Yes, to the late Queen several times. Also, to Charles & Camilla for the Coronation. I put my return address on the back of the envelope, which is obviously noted. I’ve always received a reply.

7 Likes

I have quite a few too :blush: x

4 Likes

The Royal Family are a class act when it comes to acknowledging correspondence.

6 Likes