[Chat] Pull up a stump and set a spell, pop by for a cuppa and natter

Eek hopefully it comes soon!

If it’s any consolation I renewed mine last year and my old passport took a good few weeks to come back - I was starting to panic as I have an entry visa attached to it so needed it back so I could still use it this year!

1 Like

Still no mail :sob::sob::sob:

Can’t do a :slightly_frowning_face: reaction so I’ll reply.
You have my commiserations. None here today either but I know it’s not at all comparable to your situation.

Not all mail is positive though: one of my letters on Saturday informed me that my NHS dentist of 15+ years was closing his list and I’ll have to switch to private or be without a dentist. No chance of switching/finding a new one here now, and also I don’t want to leave him. That means less money for :postcrossing: stamps I suppose.

1 Like

First delivery of the year was on the 11th. On the 12th, received a bill wanting to be paid last week. My regular postie seems to be off.

1 Like

That’s really not good :frowning: hope your bill situation is not causing trouble. We got another big pile of stuff yesterday and the elusive passport was finally courier-delivered this morning, I don’t think we’ll get any more mail till next week.

1 Like

will soon be sending out British Isles Travelling Envelopes. Does anyone else want to join in
[BITE] British Isles Traveling Envelope - Language & Geographical Communities / British Isles - Postcrossing Community

1 Like

Another postal story:

Well done to the Lithuanian postal service for finding as many recipients (or relatives of) as they could!

4 Likes

I received my first postcard in a month today! Postcard CH-592202

5 Likes

We’ve still got some BITES open for new participants, including a plants and flowers themed one I’m looking forward to hosting! [BITE] British Isles Traveling Envelope

1 Like

Having been inactive for seven weeks and going back to normal, I recieved a bundle of postcards from Germany and algorithm allocated some consecutive ID numbers:

DE-11449515
DE-11449516
DE-11449517

&

DE-11449546
DE-11449547

4 Likes

Yes, i was only inactive over the Christmas period and got an pile from Germany in January :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: though not quite consecutive numbers that time

1 Like

There is hope that a bit more variety is on its way to you, @Maddymail and @AnjuschkaC . It could well be that your address was given out to lots of different countries at the same time and the very efficient German mail service was just a tad faster than the others. Keep your eyes open for cards from around the world in the next couple of weeks.

2 Likes

I haven’t even been set to inactive and today and yesterday I’ve received three consecutive German IDs:

DE-11454591
DE-11454592
DE-11454593

Let’s see if the weekend and next week bring any more!

1 Like

Cards from Germany reach UK in a few days & it can feel like this. Over a longer period it seems to Balance out. There is also the German charity month thing where they send a lot in December which will create lots of slots for returns. I’ve had some lovely cards & conversations. The cards from further away arrive eventually but less often

1 Like

Yesterday, 17th, received a letter from Germany postmarked 15th Feb! Normal times for some things…

Today, received a typewritten letter, 1st class, posted yesterday so arrived in good time. Even in Storm Eunice.

I know a lapsed Postcrosser called Eunice and she is not all that happy her name is a storm…

4 Likes

Stamp of the first class letter featuring the Amphitheatre at Isca Fortress, Caerleon?

Well… now that you mention it…

1 Like

Is everyone OK after Storm Eunice?

2 Likes

Hi, yes all okay here (Cambridge) thanks. We even got some post on Friday.
Our house and garden are okay, our street lost a couple of biggish trees, as did the local park and back gardens, a few damaged sheds and fences of course, and thats all we noticed on our walk/from the window yesterday. There were some local power cuts and i think some roofs were lost in Cambridge though.
My parents in northern Germany (Bremen) lost part of their roof (tiles) too. Not too bad, the internal cladding and insulation are intact and should keep the worst of the weather out. I’m scheduled to go and visit them soon, I’ll come home to a house in scaffolding.

How about everyone else?

All ok where I am in Reading, thank you. A small branch snapped off a neighbour’s tree, and another neighbour had a tree shredder running out on the street to shred some branches that had come off trees on their property. The worst damage I saw on my wanderings yesterday was a partially felled tree in the cemetery. How are things where you are @FairyFoot ?