17 July 2022 - Postcrossing Birthday Picnic San Mateo

:world_map: CITY/REGION: San Mateo, CA
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Central Park (Picnic Area 3)
:calendar: DATE: 17 Jul 22
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11:30 AM PST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Meet local Postcrossers (the coolest people in our region), sign postcards, share all things Postcrossing, and have fun!

What better time to get together than the weekend of Postcrossing’s 17th birthday?? :sparkling_heart:

We have picnic area #3 reserved in the Central Park (a big THANK YOU to @asuayan). We’ll be signing postcards for sure. Here’s some more info about the event:

What to bring?
*Postcards to give away! There’ll be a space where you can throw in the postcards and browse to get other postcards.
*Pens and if you want, a rubber stamp with your username to sign postcards with.
*If you’d like to buy the meetup postcard, please do bring small denomination cash/coins. Each postcard is $0.20.

About food, yes there is a grill at the park. Unfortunately, I’m not a grill expert lol. Therefore, you are encouraged to bring your own lunch. Or you can use the grill, up to you. :yum: If you guys want to do a potluck, let me know and we’ll assign supplies and food items among each other. What I’m guaranteed to bring are sweets for all attendees.

Usually signing postcards take up most of the time at meetups and I am expecting the same during this picnic. But I’ll have tossing games and a board game available for anyone who wants to play. If you have any suggestions, please do share. :smiley:

If you are unable to make it for this meetup, you need to check out the one in USA, Northern California (Fremont), July 31, 2022 and Sacramento on Aug 25th! Both cities are literally my home turfs! I’m extremely happy to see more Postcrossing/postcard action in California. :face_holding_back_tears:

12 Likes

Here comes the postcard…beautifully designed by Reyna of @0902 :sparkling_heart:

12 Likes

I will be glad to exchange)))

I would love to go depending on my always changing work schedule. I will bring 1 or 2 postcard pals with me if I do attend… I attended the SF meetup in April and it was awesome! I will buy 10 cards and can mail the $ if i can’t attend.

3 Likes

Hi!
I’m coming with my husband and two kids. I would like to reserve 20 postcards. I will pay at the meeting.

1 Like

I’m glad to see the attendees’ list build up! :smiley: I just edited the time from 11 am to 11:30 am, you are more than welcome to arrive before 11:30 am. I plan to be there an hour or so before to set everything up.

Now I’d still like to throw the question out…what would you guys like to do about food? As I said before, you are encouraged to bring your own lunch. We can also do a potluck if there is enough interest.

I would like to reserve 30 postcards. Looking forward to it! :smiley:

1 Like

I think I will be able to come! Recently moved from an area where there were never postcrossing meetups, so this will be my first!

2 Likes

Sounds like fun, I’ll be there.
I would like to get 10 postcards. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

As for food, I’ll bring my own lunch, but I can bring some sweets or snacks to share with everyone, too. :smiling_face:

1 Like

Please save 10 postcards for me. So excited to meet you all!

1 Like

A picnic, what a nice idea! I hope you all enjoy your day together, and please share some pictures, if you can! :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Please reserve 50 cards for me, looking forward to this :grinning:

1 Like

Hi! Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album Ошибка 429
Thanks!

Just 6 days to go to our meetup/picnic! So far, we’re looking at an attendance of around 36 people. It should be a fun celebration of Postcrossing’s 17 years. Here’s a couple of things that you should know:

*260 out of 500 postcards are already reserved.

*A few people have confirmed to bring their own lunch while a few people will try to bring food items to share. If you decide to bring your own lunch, there are restaurants nearby!

*The meetup starts at 11:30 am and you can expect it to end by 3 pm or so. I will personally be there from 10:30 am till however long people stick around. Our reservation is from 8 am to 6 pm.

*Please try to bring the exact change to buy postcards.

*Please bring your favorite writing utensil or stamper to sign postcards. You are not obligated to sign ALL postcards that will go around but it’ll be nice of you to sign at least some. Do make sure the pen or stamper of your choice won’t smear. Always let postcards dry after you have signed them. Don’t rush!

*You are more than welcome to bring postcards that you no longer want. There’ll be bins for you to place them in.

*If you are in the mood for it, wear a party hat! It’ll make the pictures fun!

Let’s have a great day together. See you Sunday.

1 Like

I will be glad to exchange, especially if all the band members sign this card

345 cards are already reserved, folks! I’m also pre-signing postcards for people who have reserved. I’ll also put your initials on the top right corner to make sure you won’t lose your postcards while they go around to get signed.

2 Likes

@sonataca Great to see that I have postcrossers near San Francisco! I won’t be able to make to this meetup, however would love to exchange a card!

1 Like

Just 2 days to go to our lovely meetup with about 36 of us! The postcards are almost all gone, about 50-ish remaining. And I would like to talk about some of the things people are bringing:

June will be bringing a wonderful wheat berry waldorf salad.

Jim will be bringing 2 cases of water bottles.

I will be bringing snacks such as chips, fruit snacks, etc.

If you would like to volunteer to bring some food or paper cutleries/plates, do let me know!

Hello

I’ll be there as well…I’ll take 10 cards and I’ll bring some food to share.
Garry

1 Like

Hi

I’m planning to be there.

I’d like to reserve 20 cards.

Helen

1 Like