USA, Northern California (Fremont), July 31, 2022

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Northern California, Fremont (94536)
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Niles Town Plaza (37592 Niles Blvd)
:calendar: DATE: Sunday July 31, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1:00 PM PST
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN:

Hello Postcrossers!

The historic Niles district in Fremont has an amazing collection of vintage postcards! Most of the antique stores open at 11 AM so I’m hoping you’ll check them out before the event begins at 1 PM and grab a bite to eat from Bronco Billy’s Pizza for lunch, a coffee from Devout, or a refreshing treat from Nature’s Organic Ice Cream Shop.

There will be an official meetup postcard, please comment how many you’d like to reserve! The estimated cost will be less than 50 cents each; if there’s enough interest they should be less than 25 cents! The design will be posted after it is finalized.

Recommended antique stores for postcards: (I will reach out to each store so they know to expect postcrossers!)

• Lost in the Attic
  • My Friends & I
  • American Trading Post
  • Niles Antiques Co-Op

We will meet at the grass in front of the Niles Town Plaza at 1 PM for postcard signing and a postcard exchange, bring a picnic blanket or camping chair as we will be outdoors, sitting on grass, surrounded by cement benches (you can also sit on the benches but I was thinking we’d use these as a table top)

Activities:

• Postcard exchange
  • Postcard group signing
  • Postcard scavenger hunt

Items to bring:

• Small (less than 1 inch) stamp or non-smudging pen for signatures
  • Picnic blanket or camping chair
  • Extra blank postcards to give away or trade
  • Any postcards collected from Postcrossing or your travels you’d like to show off!

The postcard scavenger hunt will be last for those who wish to participate, there will be a list of 10 postcards to find at the antique stores and whomever completes the challenge will be entered into a prize drawing (I don’t want this to be a race to finish first, rather an enjoyable time). The event will be over by approximately 4 PM.

I also recommend you check out the Postcrossing meet up in Sacramento, California on August 25th for the special USPS release of the “Pony Cars” Forever stamp! That looks like an event not to be missed.

Please comment if you’re interested and how many postcards you’d like to reserve.

10 Likes

Here is our event postcard! I had an artist use relevant symbols of the Bay Area other than sports teams; see how many you can identify!

14 Likes

I like the postcard. As it stands right now I will be attending, and would like toget 10 postcards…

Jennifer (Mt. Shasta/Weed area)

1 Like

Excellent! Noted and set aside

I’m excited about this event and explore the antique stores. I’d like to get 10 postcards if possible. Looking forward to meeting you all!

1 Like

Thanks for hosting the meetup, and thanks for making that day a Sunday! :laughing:
I will definitely be there.
Niles is my favorite town, but I haven’t been there in a while, so I’m really looking forward to looking around the stores in Niles.
If it’s not too late, I would like to buy 10 postcards, please.
I am new to meetups, but if there is anything I can do to help, please let me know! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

Hiello!Is someone interested in swap? I can offer some meet- up cards from St.Petersburg or anything from my swap- album Ошибка 429
Thanks!

Noted! I’ll save 10 for you.

I’ll reserve 10 for you! Glad you can make it.

I won’t be able to make it to the meetup but I would like to either purchase a card or swap with someone for a meetup card from the Portland area meetup we had in May.

1 Like

That’s nice,
I’ll send you a private message :smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello :wave:Can I get your card for swap?

1 Like

All of this sounds so fun, I will be there! May I have 10 cards please?

1 Like

I’d be happy to swap for a Portland meetup card!

Sure! Feel free to message me directly.

You got it! I’ve reserved some for you.

Can I reserve 30 cards, would love to attend.

1 Like

I am in. Thank you for organizing it! Can I please have 30 postcards?
Sincerely,
Graziela

1 Like

I’d like to go. Five cards would be great.

1 Like

You got it; I have 30 saved under your username. :slight_smile:

1 Like