25 August 2022 - Sacramento Meetup and PONY CARS STAMP DEDICATION

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Sacramento, California
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Great American Stamp Show
SAFE Credit Union Convention Center, 1400 J Street, Sacramento,
:calendar: DATE: August 25th, 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 11 AM PST, will immediately follow dedication ceremony. CEREMONY STARTS AT 11AM!
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Greetings, Postcrossers! Please read all of this, there’s a lot of important info
The American Philatelic Society, American First Day Cover Society, and American Topical Association will be jointly hosting the Great American Stamp Show (GASS). The USPS will be there to hold a first day of issue stamp dedication ceremony for the “Pony Cars” Forever Stamps. You can see what the stamp designs look like here- First-day date and location announced for Pony Cars stamps
The meetup time may change but it will be held immediately after the stamp dedication ceremony concludes. I will hold up a sign with the Postcrossing logo so that we can find each other.
Admission to the stamp show is FREE and open to everyone
The show will be held at SAFE Credit Union Convention Center, 1400 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95814
This is very far in advance, so I will add an exact time as soon as the USPS announces the information for the stamp dedication ceremony. This is open to the public and a lot of fun for anyone interested in mail. The USPS will have a large booth set up at the show to sell various stamps, including the brand new Pony Cars stamps. You will also be able to send postcards with the USPS Official First-Day-of-Issue special edition postmark, which will be very cool!
Meetup cards will cost about 7 cents each, the design is here-

I have hosted meetups at 3 other stamp dedication ceremonies previously (2018- Frozen Treats in Austin, TX; Hot Wheels in Fort Worth, TX; and 2019- Lunar New Year: Year of the Boar in Houston, TX) These meetups have been very successful and fun for the community!
These are very cool stamps and this is an event that you will not want to miss!

WHAT TO BRING:

• A writing utensil to sign postcards with (or an ink stamper if you prefer)
  • Extra postcards if you’d like to trade with other members
  • A smile and be ready to have fun!

You don’t have to bring any stamps with you, the USPS will have a booth set up to sell the brand new Pony Cars stamps as well as many others. It’s like a mini post office set up in the convention center.

16 Likes

Hi Trev

I plan to attend the G.A.S.S. this August. I would love to join your meetup. Keep me posted, but I will also keep an eye on the post for more info.

1 Like

I will be glad to exchange )))

Thank you for your posting. I am an 1.5 hours north of Sacramento and will out this on my calendar immediately! I cannot wait for August! Katy

3 Likes

Yeah! I will be in CA this time :slight_smile: I will do my best to take part in this meeting:)

1 Like

I hope to make it too as I live near. I’ll let you know as we get closer to the date. Thank you for setting this up!

Sounds like fun. Went to my first meet up today in SF and it was a success! Although I’m pretty much an introvert, I’ve gained confidence to show up. Can’t wait!!! @kimakoi What do you think about this? Herd the CA troops? Yours was an awesome experience and success! The cards (your photography) was amazing!

5 Likes

HI Trevor- I hope to make it to his one. It is a little too far out for me to schedule right now, but I am looking into it. Thanks for hosting.

Greetings! We would love to have all of the CA troops, it’s a massive event so there will be plenty of parking for everyone who wants to attend, and since it’s in a huge exhibit center we won’t get crowded. Plus, admission is free for everybody!

3 Likes

Excellent! We’d love to have you!

I’m a newish Postcrosser and excited to see a meetup here in Sacramento. A stamp dedication ceremony will be a first for me. A Thursday might be tough, but this far in advance, I think I might be able to make it work. I look forward to more info.

1 Like

Welcome to Postcrossing, we are excited to have you in the community! I hope you’re able to make it to the meetup!

Thanks for announcing this so far in advance! With enough advanced notice, all things are possible! I have it on my calendar! :blush::postbox: (and those ARE cool stamps!)
*People should make note, though, that August 25 is a Thursday. Wowzers, this is a huge stamp show, though - goes from Thursday through Sunday! :open_mouth:

I agree, It’s odd that they host the stamp dedication ceremony on a weekday, especially at something like a stamp show. I have hosted meetups at 3 other stamp dedication ceremonies and 2 of them were on weekdays. One was in the summer, and I skipped school for the other. The third was on a Saturday morning.
It’s certainly not convenient for most people, which is disappointing.

1 Like

May I trade a postcard for this one please? Thanks

Hi! I will be there! is there a link for the event? And can I pre-order the postcards?

Thank you!
Annie

1 Like

We can’t wait to have you!
The USPS will not put out an official event link until about a month in advance.
You will be able to pre-order the postcards soon, I haven’t finished designing them yet but I’ll update this thread when I do.
Thanks!

2 Likes

@Angelthepup22 i dont know what you have in mind for the meetup card. But heres an idea. A california grizzly in a pony car. Because 1 grizzly bears are on the state flag and 2 the pony cars are the stamp that will be dedicated.

1 Like

Awesome! I’m definitely doing an unofficial GF California card and I want the second one to be pony car-related, so I like that idea a lot! I’ll see what I can do!

I draw too. Im not saying im an expert or Artiste, but but I could draw up a rough sketch for some inspiration. If it helps. @angelthepup22

2 Likes