25 August 2022 - Sacramento Meetup and PONY CARS STAMP DEDICATION

A card with that in-n-out vibe with pony car(s) will be really cool! I have some experience in design and would like to help, please let me know! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have you received one of these FDC meetup cards from Taiwan? Is this kind of a similar idea as you are thinking for the design? I thought these came out really great! (I have received 2 so far.)

2 Likes

Here are examples of what some of the first day cover cards that I’ve made have looked like previously

6 Likes

Wow! Fantastic! :star_struck:

The cards look great!
However, all of them break the rules for the Postcrossing logo usage. There is a manual on the PC website how to use the logo (here). Hope it helps!

My husband and I will definately be attending. I am looking forward to seeing your postcard design. Your previous meet up postcards are stellar. See you all in August :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Greetings-
The cards for the Frozen Treats meetup were the first meetup cards I designed and at the time I hadn’t read the logo usage guidelines yet, nor had I ever heard of them. I got that all cleared up with the Postcrossing admins so it won’t happen again, and they confirmed that I was within the guidelines for the Year of the Boar meetup card.
I haven’t finalized the design for this meetup card yet but can assure you that it will follow all of the rules! Thank you for pointing this out!

4 Likes

We are looking forward to having you!

Depends on a few things, but I’ll try to attend this! It sounds so fun!

1 Like

I’m in Reno. I’ll definitely be there.

1 Like

Hi! I live in the SF Bay Area and will be there. Looking forward to more info.

2 Likes

Darn, I’m disappointed a missed a meet up in SF since I’m located in the East Bay. Maybe I’ll host a small meet up on a weekend this summer in Niles, Fremont. I find the best vintage postcards there!

3 Likes

I am going to try to take off work and head up there that day; I’m located in the Bay Area. Excited to experience a meet up!

1 Like

We look forward to having you!

Where do you go for them? I’m visiting my cousin in Fremont in a week or so, and would love to take a little postcard detour!

In Niles there’s Lost in the Attic, My Friends & I, and American Trading Post where I’ve found lovely postcards.

2 Likes

I’m in the east bay 1-2 times a month. I would love to attend a meet up if you decide to host a small one :heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

We have an official meetup scheduled for July 31st!

Do you have location and time details?

1 Like

Hello-,
Thanks for the heads up! :two_hearts:

I do indeed have to work Thursday afternoon, but I would be happy if I could manage to attend.
I’ll be coming from the San Jose area, which is about 2 hours each way, but what time does the Postcrossing meetup usually end? :thinking:

This will be the exciting meetup event, and I’m looking forward to seeing you all there. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: