Your favorite pen to write postcards?

Hi @vikitty, I will move your post to a topic where pen recommendations have been discussed before.

2 Likes

This is slightly off topic but has anyone tried using twiink pens on postcards yet?

5 Likes

:astonished: I’m a bit crazy about pens and never saw this one before.
I remember I tried writing with 2 pens in one for fun when I was young. :sweat_smile:
I would love to try theses ones. How could I get this? :sob:

2 Likes

I use a plain old biro for postcards. Never thought of using my fountain pen or any other pen. Inspired - I feel a shopping spree coming on. :laughing:

1 Like

Hi! I quite like Zebra Sarasa pens in the milk colour set (0.5mm) for coloured doodles on postcards. I often will use a bic pen from the family junk drawer as I use erasable pens for lots of what I do aside from postcards!! Also a side note - does anybody else like erasable highlighters? Currently I have a set from writech but other brands work just as well. (If you try them be aware that you cannot re apply the marker where it has previously been applied.) The worst thing for me is a smudgy pen so if you have recommendations for any in black please let me know! (Muji pens?)

1 Like

Here’s my list of pens:

1 Like

I just use the first pen I can find :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I love to use Mitsubishi Uni-Ball pens in 0.38 but my absolute favorites are Sakura Micron Pigma in 0.05 since it is waterproof and dry very fast. In RL I prefer using pencils over permanent ink but that isn’t a sensible choise for postcards. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

My favorite writing/lettering pens: ZIG Calligraphy dual tip chisel points pens, Sakura Pigment Micron pens. Those pens are waterproof, lightfast.

1 Like

this is my absolute favourite because it writes extremely thin without scratching on paper

4 Likes

I’m a pen nerd, but I don’t want to be frustrating whoever gets my postcards, so I’m stopping with my regular Platinum Preppies for the moment until I get converters for them… Simply because I already have ink that won’t smudge too badly for my left-handed writing.

I’ve reverted to Sharpie Ultra-Fine markers for now because I love the colors and the way they’re lightfast and waterproof.

I write the address in black or navy, then the note itself in a more fun color. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mostly I’ve been using extra-fine Sharpies (well, technically a Staedler permanent Lumocolor) for writing my postcards.

Bu-u-ut… I think I’ll load one of my fountain pens with some Noodler’s waterproof ink, and try that instead. I find that even an extra-fine Sharpie-style pen produces too thick a line for my purposes. Also, I love fountain pens in general, so it seems a shame not to use them for Postcrossing!

Did want to add though that I also use a yellow fluorescent pen to highlight my Postcrossing card ID. That way it’s extra easy to spot! (Or, “them” - since I always write the ID number twice.)

3 Likes

I love gritter pens!

16 Likes

I use my Copic SP illustrating fineliners since I KNOW they’re waterproof as I use them for my watercolour pieces :joy:. Expensive pens, however I already have them on hand and they’re the re-fillable metal kind, so why not?

I have some beautiful fountain pens with lovely colours, but unfortunately the ink isn’t waterproof and I’m worried it wouldn’t arrive at the destination looking nice.

2 Likes

sakura pigma is the best :innocent:

1 Like

I like bold writing. :writing_hand: I feel extra fine pens all feels scratchy and I don’t like that.

Great thread. Gives me an overview what exists and is recommended.

Usually I use fountain pen for my letters as I don’t like thin writing and prefer soft bold writing. But on postcards there is not much space available, therefore, I use a

Pentel Slicci 0,3.

It’s refillable, I think. Somewhere I have two Muji Gel Ink Ballpoints 0,38…

I have one or two of these. They also have text markers.

They somehow remind me of the Marauder’s Map in Harry Potter. :blush:

I like using stabilo pens for the postcard ID and address, but they’re not too good for writing the actual message. I use BIC pens for the message because the ink flows better (although I always get ink smear on my hand haha). So nothing fancy, but it works for me :))

1 Like

I am using Mitsubishi waterproof 0.38 series.

4 Likes