Your Favorite Christmas 🎄 Postcard sent or received Officially

Alright, inspired by this thread → Your favorite 💌 postcard you sent officially

I thought why not share our favorite christmas postcards with each other that we either sent or received officially! I personally love looking at the official gallery for Christmas postcards these days… there’re so many beautiful ones…

I’m waiting for my slots to open up so I can send more Christmas postcards (to those who requests them of course). So far, I’ve sent & received these:

7 Likes

My favourite sent are:

@niki5 Nice topic! Technically, your third card depicts Sinterklaas. Christmas celebrations in The Netherlands are separate from the visit of Sinterklaas on 5 December.

5 Likes

@Eef_NL Does Sinterklaas bring presents? Do you get presents in Christmas? Or how does it work there? :grin:

3 Likes

interessting Nikolaus how we call him here in Germany will come on 6. December

5 Likes

My most favorited Christmas card is this Moomin card

7 Likes

some of my faves

(this one plays with the world Krippe - it can mean manger or nursery)

2 Likes

These last year’s cards are my favs.

2 Likes

I haven’t sent any Christmas postcards, but this is my favorite received Christmas card:

3 Likes

Oh I see, That’s cool to know.

@Wilmariina - Love the moomins christmas card

2 Likes

My favorite sent, cute bunny caroling:

My favorite received, cute kitty watercolor:

3 Likes

How cute are those :two_hearts::star_struck:

1 Like

My favourites sent

3 Likes

My favourite received :smiley:

4 Likes

Yes, Sinterklaas brings presents as well. Usually when the children are still young, Sinterklaas is celebrated with presents. But both Sinterklaas and Christmas are celebrated with presents.

Here is a hilarious commercial about the ‘battle’ between Sinterklaas and Christmas every year:

But maybe this is only funny when you’re Dutch.

4 Likes

That seems only logical to me, he’s quite busy on December 5 already! :wink::grin:

His more formal name is Sint Nicolaas over here.

3 Likes

Lucky Dutch children! :grin::gift::gift: So it’s Sinterklaas on 5.12. but does Santa Claus visit on Christmas Eve/Day? Or it is Sinterklaas also on Christmas? I must say I’m not very familiar with this Sinterklaas character :blush:

2 Likes

Haha, yes lucky indeed! The character of Santa Claus is not really ‘sold’ to the children like Sinterklaas is. When you are little, you believe in Sinterklaas, not in Santa Claus.

As you can see in the commercial, the day Sinterklaas has left our country again (he lives in Spain), it’s Christmas all the way and Sinterklaas is out of the picture!

3 Likes

I normally don’t care much for Christmas cards but this moomin one is pretty cute :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

during xmas season i do like to send and receive also official cards in theme :christmas_tree: :mailbox_with_mail: :laughing:

my favorite sent (cats) :heart_eyes: Postcard FI-3118222
my favorite received (cats) :heart_eyes: Postcard RU-4304468

1 Like

My favorite received

#2 and #3 - it’s not Christmas, of course, but I really like it

My favorite sent

5 Likes