World Postcard Day Meetup 1 Oct. 2022 in Renton, Washington

:world_map: CITY/REGION: Renton Washington
:pushpin: MEETUP PLACE: Renton Public Library, 100 Mill Ave. S., Renton, 98057
:calendar: DATE: 1 October 2022
:alarm_clock: TIME: 1-3 PM Pacific
:page_facing_up: MEETUP PLAN: Sign WPD cards, either your own or the official ones from Postcrossing. I’ll be mailing yours if you ordered them with me, or I can bring them to you at the meetup. I have small generic stickers for the back that denote a Meetup. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello! The other one is “closed” and I am definitely coming to your Meet-Up! Excited to see everyone again :grin:

I have made myself some Postcrossing Meet-up cards to see how they turn out on a new printer. The other thread at this time has those photos on it.

Keeks

I’m excited to come to this event - count me in as an attendee!

2 Likes

Mark me as “tentative” for the Oct 1 Local Postcrossing group meetup in Renton.
I want to at least try attend one of the local meetings before the year ends.
KindSir

2 Likes

Looking forward to celebrating with everyone! Thanks for hosting, Kay.

2 Likes

Hi Harry, it will be great to meet you if you are able to attend. I’ll have extra WPD cards at $.30 each if you want to get/use some. Looking forward to this.
Kay

1 Like

Hi Postcrossers, our order for the WPD postcards are being shipped from VistaPrint, and should arrive by the end of next week (the17th - fingers crossed). I’ll be mailing them out ASAP. A few of you have posted that you’ll get yours at the meetup. I will also have some (10-20) available for those that did not have a chance to order with me.
I’m looking forward to seeing folks, new faces and familiar. What a fun day to celebrate Postcards.

I’m planning to bring some of my other cards to trade/sell ($.25) if anyone else is interested.

How about a mystery swap? If you’re interested, put 5 of your favorite/least favorite/strangest/ funniest/whatever cards in a sealed envelope, and we’ll do a random draw for the mysteries. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Tentative for me!
Hopefully I can make it in time :grin:
-Uly

1 Like

Hi everyone, I made these up before merging the meet up with Kay.

I know the point is the WPD cards, but I do have some of these if interested and I could probably print more if people would like them.

I have 50 currently, and if I need to make more I will have to place an order this week to ensure it makes it on time. I can have them ready for pick up at the meet-up.

I also designed two other types, DM me if interested as I have not had those two printed.

Keeks

8 Likes

I like the mystery swap idea! I am on board!

1 Like

These are beautiful! I’d love to buy a couple if you have enough.
Kay

1 Like

Hello Kay! Yes, I will have a few extra, and if other people do want some please let me know sooner rather than later that way if it comes to it I will order more. :slight_smile:

Put me down for tentatively coming. I also will have a few extra WPD postcards.

2 Likes

Thanks for hosting this Kay. I hope to make it!

2 Likes

I am planning on attending. I will bring some postcards to trade.

2 Likes

Wonderful! It will be good to have you. :grin:

1 Like

Would love one of these!? I’m not able to come though.

One of the Seattle cards or the WPD card?

1 Like

I had a question regarding mystery swap, can I bring several envelopes with 5 cards? I won’t expect to “swap” all of them for other envelopes, but was thinking if not everyone remembers or has any they’ve brought I could just let people choose an envelope for themselves if they want.

I have enough cards :rofl: I’d like to share some and don’t expect any in return.

Keeks

I think that’s a great idea. I have so many as well, and since I’ve by making my own recently, I don’t use my original very-full-to-overloaded file of cards as much. I might make a few extra mystery envelopes as well.
Kay

1 Like