World Postcard Day 2021! 🎉

This conversation is getting a little bit off-topic from my initial purpose for it, which was just to encourage and support plans to celebrate the World Postcard Day. :slight_smile:

To get it back on track, here’s a few events that we’ve already confirmed are going to be taking place this year:

So far, there’s a few special cancellation marks, a few meetings, some philatelic events and talks/seminars. I’ll keep poking post offices and postal museums to get them to join the initiative, and I hope the community will also rally and help me a little bit in this task ! :sweat_smile:

If your local library could host a postcard-writing workshop for children, or your town’s museum has some postcards they could showcase on October 1st, that would be super neat. Do send them an email, poke them on social media or give them a call to ask — you’d be surprised at how many of them are receptive to this kind of initiatives!

18 Likes

Hosting Lottery in the Forum on the occasion of WPD 2021.

https://community.postcrossing.com/t/world-postcard-day-2021-official-postcard-lottery/180796/94

2 Likes

Hi all, long time listener, first time caller here! Inspired by the official postcard design for WPD, I got some cards printed up and I have to say they have exceeded my expectations for quality. The only problem I have is that a minimum order was 25 cards which, realistically, is probably more cards that I’ll manage to send in a week, let alone on the day itself. Do any UK Postcrossers want a couple to send? I was thinking a couple of cards in exchange for a £1.70 stamp to help feed my Postcrossing habit (UK only to keep logistics simple, please!)
If you’re interested send me a message!

5 Likes

I read about the Creative Commons license in the current design and realized, my local print only prints front (and a standard back I can’t change). How could I give the attribution needed to the author in this case?

Maybe if you print a sticker with the needed Informations.

But I, in that case, would prefer an online printing service to be on the safe side.

1 Like

I got my Postcards from Online Printing Service yesterday. They look more beautiful in print :heart_eyes:
Now eagerly waiting for World Postcard Day.

7 Likes

The sticker is a great idea, thank you.
I actually print it at a copy machine service they have in a convenience store nearby. It’s surprisingly good quality, but sadly I can’t change the back part of it.

1 Like

Mine have arrived. Hubby ordered them. A5 size instead of A6. :laughing: They’re enormous! I hope the recipients won’t mind such a large size postcard. Oops. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

24 Likes

That’s so cool, a giant postcard :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

@Kbaker look here. World Postcrossing day!

In October 2020 I received 97 cards, 2 of them were WPD cards. Not really a reason to change anything if one does not like the card.

4 Likes

I also ordered and received the official WPD-cards. Can I allready start using them or is the idea to wait for 1 october? I have enough to be able to send out 30 now and again on 1 october I think…

2 Likes

There are no rules about it, so feel free to start sending them now, if you’d like! If they’re going to far away countries, it’s likely they’ll take a bit longer to arrive, and might even get there around World Postcard Day if you send them now. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Card’s Will arrive tomorrow…i,am so curious how they turn out!

I’d love to get large card soooo much! :heart:

I’m wondering if most people works prefer the official WPD postcard or an original WPD postcard, say something like this:

10 Likes

Very creative! :grinning:

I also sent it to print and I already have them. I have sent the first one to the UK and I hope she like it, I think the WPD is nice and I think it is not too early to start sending it, I received the one from last year in April and I was excited.

12 Likes

I ordered them at my local copy shop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always like different shaped cards, also large once.

1 Like