World Postcard Day 2021! 🎉

Did order mine today and I’m curious how they will turn out since they are my first postcards. I had a bit difficulties with the size. For us EU countries who has regular A6 sized cards (105 x 148 mm) the picture gets cut in height or has to deal with an unflattering border. I did my best but I the Eiffel tower and the wind chime will be cut a bit. :cry:

Cool! Ich would love getting them.
Here A5 isn’t a postcard anymore and had to be shipped in an envelope.

1 Like

I looked it up, and fortunately, from the UK, they will be the same cost as a normal sized postcard. And they won’t need to go in an envelope either.

3 Likes

You don’t have to use an envelope - you can send it as a “Großbrief”, but without envelope.

2 Likes

Wow, good to know but I ordered them in A6 already. There is a next year. :laughing:

2 Likes

I am ready! :heart:

20 Likes

Mine just arrived. Came out more nicely than I thought. I‘m thinking to make my own with local photos since they were cheaper than the from the local store who has just a handful of motives who aren’t that much appealing.

16 Likes

Republic of China (Taiwan) Taipei post office will provide a special commemorative
postmark on October 2, 2021 in celebrating the World Postcard Day 2021.

30 Likes

YAY! Could you let us know where/when it will be available? And is there perhaps a link to a website where this news is shared? We’d love to add it to the World Postcard Day page!

1 Like

The World Postcard Day 2021 special commemorative postmark will use
on October 2, 2021 (from 9:00 to 14:00 only), at Taipei Beimen main post office,
will available for philatelic cancellation for 10 days.

The official website in Traditional Chinese version, no English, maybe you can
use web translator.
中華郵政全球資訊網-集郵業務 - 臨時郵局戳圖 (post.gov.tw)

George
Taipei

http://gulfmanncollection.blogspot.com

8 Likes

Thank you so much, George! I’ll make a note to add it to the page tomorrow, and I’ll spread the word about it as well. Hurray! :smiley:

Besides the meeting and special cancellation mark from Taiwan, I’m also adding this event by the Royal Philatelic Society London to the events page today:

It’s a free hybrid event — so you can choose to attend in person if you’re in London, or, if not, you can watch it through Zoom. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

I’m ready as well ! :balloon::netherlands:
These first ones start traveling tomorrow.
A lot more will follow ! :tada:

23 Likes

This is a great idea! I’m also a teacher. I should try and do something similar with my students.

2 Likes

My first WPD postcards are on their way. Few Direct Swaps and few on official Postcrossing. :postcrossing:

5 Likes

Please, do so, your students can make a difference! There is an American organisation that sends letters to ‘any refugee’. You can find all the information on this website https://www.anyrefugee.org/ .

7 Likes

I can offer the WPD sent from Austria. Maybe somebody want to swap with me? Please message me directly.

2 Likes

How to get the WPD badge on profile? Thanks

1 Like

That’s excellent! Thanks for sharing. Do the refugees write back?

Last year, you just need to send a postcard on the date itself, and when it gets registered, you’ll get the badge ^^

3 Likes