World Postcard Day 2021! 🎉

Mine have arrived. Hubby ordered them. A5 size instead of A6. :laughing: They’re enormous! I hope the recipients won’t mind such a large size postcard. Oops. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

24 Likes

That’s so cool, a giant postcard :heartpulse::heartpulse::heartpulse:

3 Likes

@Kbaker look here. World Postcrossing day!

In October 2020 I received 97 cards, 2 of them were WPD cards. Not really a reason to change anything if one does not like the card.

4 Likes

I also ordered and received the official WPD-cards. Can I allready start using them or is the idea to wait for 1 october? I have enough to be able to send out 30 now and again on 1 october I think…

2 Likes

There are no rules about it, so feel free to start sending them now, if you’d like! If they’re going to far away countries, it’s likely they’ll take a bit longer to arrive, and might even get there around World Postcard Day if you send them now. :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Card’s Will arrive tomorrow…i,am so curious how they turn out!

I’d love to get large card soooo much! :heart:

I’m wondering if most people works prefer the official WPD postcard or an original WPD postcard, say something like this:

10 Likes

Very creative! :grinning:

I also sent it to print and I already have them. I have sent the first one to the UK and I hope she like it, I think the WPD is nice and I think it is not too early to start sending it, I received the one from last year in April and I was excited.

12 Likes

I ordered them at my local copy shop. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I always like different shaped cards, also large once.

1 Like

Did order mine today and I’m curious how they will turn out since they are my first postcards. I had a bit difficulties with the size. For us EU countries who has regular A6 sized cards (105 x 148 mm) the picture gets cut in height or has to deal with an unflattering border. I did my best but I the Eiffel tower and the wind chime will be cut a bit. :cry:

Cool! Ich would love getting them.
Here A5 isn’t a postcard anymore and had to be shipped in an envelope.

1 Like

I looked it up, and fortunately, from the UK, they will be the same cost as a normal sized postcard. And they won’t need to go in an envelope either.

3 Likes

You don’t have to use an envelope - you can send it as a “Großbrief”, but without envelope.

2 Likes

Wow, good to know but I ordered them in A6 already. There is a next year. :laughing:

2 Likes

I am ready! :heart:

20 Likes

Mine just arrived. Came out more nicely than I thought. I‘m thinking to make my own with local photos since they were cheaper than the from the local store who has just a handful of motives who aren’t that much appealing.

16 Likes