I joined Postcrossing last month, and since then, I’ve been keeping a look-out for places that sell postcards, on this tiny island in South-east Asia.
I list a few below.
Do you know of others? I hope you and I can add to each other’s knowledge!
- somewhere in Kampong Glam (near Sultan Mosque)
- somewhere in Chinatown
- Raffles Hotel
- National Museum of Singapore
- the shop called Arch, in the shopping mall called Capitol, near City Hall MRT Station
- Singapore Post operates a few Philatelic Shops. (for example, there is one in Fullerton Hotel).
- Mr. Tan, an elderly man, runs CS Philatelic Agency.
- Mr. Chua runs Tian Stamps & Postcards (located in Peninsula Shopping Centre, #04-24, 3 Coleman Street, Singapore).
- National Gallery of Singapore
- a pop-up bazaar called Invade, in Esplanade Theatres
- Objectifs Centre for Film and Photography
- a shop called Alexandria Maison, in the shopping mall called Millenia Walk. (Sells postcards that features artwork by Van Gogh.)
- this photographer, Christine Nagel, has been shooting various sights in Singapore, and sells her own photos as postcards.
- the gallery called Art Agenda sells postcards featuring the works of contemporary photographers. At: 63 Spottiswoode Park Road, or their online shop
- the (alcoholic beverages) bar called No. 5 Emerald Hill provides postcards, and mails them out to international addresses, free of charge. You can buy a drink if you feel paiseh. (Information accurate as of late 2019).
- the shop called Cat Socrates has an eclectic selection of household goods, including postcards.
- the bookshop-cum-cafe called The Moon stocks quirky postcards (but only a few of them).