Where to find postcards in Singapore

Hello! Disturbing this thread again - since the WPD 2023 design is out (by a local postcrosser!), is anyone starting an order to get some? Would be interested in getting about 20-30 :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m going to Singapore soon and wonder what’s the average price, and highest acceptable price to expect in SG? Don’t want to overspend due to weakening RM.

The average price would probably be a dollar (plus minus)
If you buy from touristy places, they are likely photo postcards
If you buy from Kinokuniya or NBC, they are the Loka Made illustration postcards

Singpost also issues postcards, here’s a link for you to check

If you have the time, I’ll advise a visit to the GPO in Paya Lebar. They carry many more stamp issues than the post offices, and it’s always a great place to be

Hope you enjoy your trip to Singapore!

1 Like

I’ll be in Singapore next week, so I’m taking notes from these latest posts. I’ve read that Singapore Post Offices also sell postcards, but do you know if there’s available at all locations, mainly downtown or around Raffles/Suntec?

Generally it’s the bigger post offices that will have more complete stock, so I can’t say for sure if all of them carry postcards.

I suggest a visit to the Fullerton Hotel Philatelic Store! (Nearest MRT is Raffles Place)

The site used to be Singapore’s first General Post Office, and now it is the Fullerton Hotel.
To acknowledge the history, Singpost opened a philatelic store in the hotel.

Here are the operating hours:

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’ll have to visit the Fullerton shop for sure :heart_eyes:

Remember to drop your cards off in the British era postbox for a special postmark :wink:

1 Like

@seba_flores if you want tourist postcards showing city views, you can get them from a small convenience store (it’s either Cheers or 7-11) at Suntec City. The store entrance is located outside Suntec City just where the tourist hop-on hop-off bus pick-up/drop off point is (see pic below

I went in there last month and there are about 8 to 10 designs of tourist postcards at SGD1 each which is the regular price for a tourist postcard.

1 Like

@seba_flores
As mentioned in my post above, the small convenience store at Suntec carries postcard designs such as these below. SingaporePost Philatelic shop does not sell these.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot @Aquajewel ! All your info is very helpful, and I hope to send many postcards during my stay there :two_hearts:

1 Like

Mustafa sells 60 cents cards.

Grassroots Book Room in Chinatown carries some illustrated postcards, such as the 阿果 artwork. It’s also a nice place to browse some local titles and there’s a small cafe at the back.

Also saw some nice postcards on sale on shopee.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Lokamade at Chinatown.
Sells poatcards and stamps!

2 Likes

Thank you. This shop is great. Got some beautiful postcards to send to friends and family (and to a couple of postcrossers). They also gave me really beautiful stamps.

1 Like

If you are in Orchard, Kinokuniya has some postcards too. Saw some Ah Guo 阿果 cards, lokamade cards, and view cards.

KINOKUNIYA - Books Kinokuniya Singapore Main Store - Google Search
Nearest post office at ION - Singapore Post - Orchard Branch - Google Search

Happy postcrossing!

I bought postcards at the NBC Stationery and Gifts Shop in Raffles City shopping mall. They sell touristy cards, art cards, 3D cards as well as my secret favourite postcards with and about durian :slight_smile:

4 Likes