Where do we find our postcards?

All the ones from WH Smith were touristy London ones, but yes the Paperchase ones are very funky!

1 Like

I miss going up to London! Even for work! Used to curse it :joy::joy:

2 Likes

I couldn’t resist (even though I have more than enough postcards) and bought some of these striking postcards of lovely Cambridge.

The photographer, Martin Bond, takes gorgeous pictures. The shop details are in the picture. :wink: Also online: https://www.cambridgecrafts.co.uk/martin-bond

10 Likes

Yes I love his work, he posts a picture each day on twitter under @acambridgediary and has a website https://www.acambridgediary.co.uk/ and I presume you can find him on Instagram too.
Been waiting to buy some cards in the shop, all the good ones were sold out online.

One of our very own PC’ers @ypht recently held a lottery! To my delight I discovered Yen just started up her very own online postcard/print shop! :love_letter:

www.drawingsbyyen.com

So cool!

AND for a limited time she is offering a 10% Shop opening discount code OPENING2021*

Check it out :dash:

(I like supporting our fellow friends here on Postcrossing! They are always so grateful!!)

1 Like

I like the Paperchase postcards too @candyflosscurls - they do some really cool ones! I went to the Paperchase Outlet at Street last weekend and they had quite a few for 40p instead of the usual £1 (or 3 for 2 which they’re doing at the moment). It’s worth a look for anyone who lives near any outlet shopping centres.

I’ve also got some lovely sets from Etsy:
Sunset Stamp Postcard Pack 8 for £5 (+postage)
Nature Illustrated Postcard Pack 5 for £4 (+postage)
Isle of Coll, Scotland Postcard Bundle 4 for £2.80 (free postage)
Postboxes of the UK Postcard Set 4 for £4.75 (+postage)

4 Likes

Would anyone know where we could get these sets of Scotland Postcards?
please:

Not sure if it’s very helpful but I found similar designs in a touristy shop along the Royal Mile in Edinburgh, and if memory serves me well, I bought this one (they’re great postcards and in hindsight I should’ve stocked up!):

I’ll see if I can dig it out to see if there’s any publishing information/websites on the back :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I find lots of cool and unique postcards in the Bodleian Library shop in Oxford on Broad St. The postcards show items from their collections and are beautiful :heart_eyes:. I totally recommend going there to stock up if you pass through Oxford :+1:

I got this recently - 26 alphabet postcards for £9.99: An Illuminated Alphabet – Bodleian Libraries

Question though… where do you normally find ad cards? I have literally found none so maybe I’m not looking in the right places! Thanks

2 Likes

Thanks for the tip! I’m thinking of taking a trip to Oxford soon, so I’ll be sure to pop into the Bodleian Library shop.

Ad cards: I don’t come across many in the UK at all. When I lived in the Netherlands (nine years ago now admittedly) they were really common in bars and shops. I’ve still got a couple in my postcard stash which came back to the UK with me. Companies and events organisers there used postcards a lot to promote their wares, which I don’t think is as much the case in the UK. Maybe I don’t get out enough anymore though!

1 Like

The only ad cards I ever got were in the local arts cinema advertising upcoming events and movies. And that was years ago too. Local art galleries here had some recently but they are fully printed on both sides so not usable for PC

1 Like

I’ve also only ever seen ad cards in cinemas, and that was way back in the early 2000s. Some were film adverts, and some were just illustrations or had poems on them. I used to send them home to family when I was a student!

1 Like

@NatM I went to the Bodleian Library shop today. Many postcards were bought!

2 Likes

Super! Glad you enjoyed it :+1:

I love the bright and cheery postcards from Janet Bell, and have thought they were good value at 50 pence each. Just checked her website, she has a sale on, reduced to 20 pence. So, with postage, I just got 48 postcards for £11.55.

7 Likes

In the area of the UK where I live there are no Atmosphere postcards available, so sometimes I have ordered from them using their online form. The cards are very pretty, and I like the generic English ones for postcrossers without specific preferences:
Atmosphere postcards

2 Likes

A long while ago, I’ve bought a couple of Atmosphere postcards. They have a nice range. How much do they charge per postcard? I’m probably being thick, but I couldn’t see any indication of price.

I ordered cards from the retro range from them directly via their online form and they charged 40p per postcard plus postage. Very reasonable indeed…

2 Likes

I agree. They’re good quality postcards.

Acually, looks like I ordered from a different site: Atmosphere Publishing - Retro Range

I don’t know if they are the same company as above as it’s a different website. The retro range is pretty cool and has gone down well with recipients

1 Like