Where do we find our postcards?

I did have someone ask for cattle postcards once, so my PHQ cow postcard from a random lot I’d bought on eBay went to a happy new owner.

4 Likes

I went right back to the beginning of this thread yesterday. There are some fantastic online resources mentioned. A really useful thread.

7 Likes

I’ve just had an email from the postcard store with their latest offer - 20 blank postcards for 99p. Might be of interest to self-made card fans….

(Offer ends 8 April 2024)

3 Likes

Just been sent this link from a website I’ve bought from before, it works out £26 with postage - random 50 postcards plus some stationery!

Limited time offer: surprise grab bag

For just 25 EUR, half the regular price, you’ll receive:

50 different postcards in various themes. These can be postcards with foxes or other animals, books, botanical postcards, photos and beautiful illustrations. The value of postcards part is about 37-38 EUR.
Assorted Stationery Surprises: A selection of charming items that may include sticker sheets, vinyl stickers, envelopes, letter pads, and washi tapes. The value of surprise stationery part is about 12-13 EUR.
Each grab bag is valued at 50 EUR.

The surprise set is here for a short time only! :man_running::dash: The offer will be valid for one week or will end earlier if sold out.

3 Likes

Royal Mail have some of their PHQ postcard sets at half price including Aardman, migratory birds, Robin Hood, Windrush, Rolling Stones and Transformers.
https://shop.royalmail.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Postcard

8 Likes

Following the post on the front page of the main site about Jackie Morris i decided to visit her site. In it was a link to Solva Mill which has a link to postcards for sale.

There’s also a boxset of her art available on amazon

2 Likes

I bought the “Tell Me a Dragon” set a few months ago, but didn’t fully read the description, which says the cards are A5 :woman_facepalming:
They are really lovely, but I’m think I’m going to be limited in how often I’ll be able to send them. I believe some countries have size restrictions for postcards? And individuals have size preference too.

Consider using them in the As many stamps as you can fit tag!

3 Likes

Great idea!

I’ve got the Wild Cards box set and heartily recommend it. The illustrations are wonderful. And they fit so many categories. Birds, owls, flowers, animals, foxes.

1 Like

@Florallle I agree with you. Plus they’re standard sized. I have used them a fair bit.

1 Like

I can recommend The Unwinding Cards set - they are great for the winter months in particular and they have quite a few animals in so can tick people’s wishlists. The only thing is that they are not as good quality as The Wild Cards in terms of card thickness - they feel quite flimsy in comparison.

2 Likes