Where do we find our postcards?

I did have someone ask for cattle postcards once, so my PHQ cow postcard from a random lot I’d bought on eBay went to a happy new owner.

4 Likes

I went right back to the beginning of this thread yesterday. There are some fantastic online resources mentioned. A really useful thread.

7 Likes

I’ve just had an email from the postcard store with their latest offer - 20 blank postcards for 99p. Might be of interest to self-made card fans….

(Offer ends 8 April 2024)

3 Likes

Just been sent this link from a website I’ve bought from before, it works out £26 with postage - random 50 postcards plus some stationery!

Limited time offer: surprise grab bag

For just 25 EUR, half the regular price, you’ll receive:

50 different postcards in various themes. These can be postcards with foxes or other animals, books, botanical postcards, photos and beautiful illustrations. The value of postcards part is about 37-38 EUR.
Assorted Stationery Surprises: A selection of charming items that may include sticker sheets, vinyl stickers, envelopes, letter pads, and washi tapes. The value of surprise stationery part is about 12-13 EUR.
Each grab bag is valued at 50 EUR.

The surprise set is here for a short time only! :man_running::dash: The offer will be valid for one week or will end earlier if sold out.

https://www.favoritepostcard.com/shop/limite-time-offer-surprise-grab-bag/

3 Likes

Royal Mail have some of their PHQ postcard sets at half price including Aardman, migratory birds, Robin Hood, Windrush, Rolling Stones and Transformers.
https://shop.royalmail.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=Postcard

8 Likes

Following the post on the front page of the main site about Jackie Morris i decided to visit her site. In it was a link to Solva Mill which has a link to postcards for sale.

There’s also a boxset of her art available on amazon

2 Likes

I bought the “Tell Me a Dragon” set a few months ago, but didn’t fully read the description, which says the cards are A5 :woman_facepalming:
They are really lovely, but I’m think I’m going to be limited in how often I’ll be able to send them. I believe some countries have size restrictions for postcards? And individuals have size preference too.

Consider using them in the As many stamps as you can fit tag!

3 Likes

Great idea!

I’ve got the Wild Cards box set and heartily recommend it. The illustrations are wonderful. And they fit so many categories. Birds, owls, flowers, animals, foxes.

2 Likes

@Florallle I agree with you. Plus they’re standard sized. I have used them a fair bit.

1 Like

I can recommend The Unwinding Cards set - they are great for the winter months in particular and they have quite a few animals in so can tick people’s wishlists. The only thing is that they are not as good quality as The Wild Cards in terms of card thickness - they feel quite flimsy in comparison.

3 Likes

This is only really an issue if you’re sending from that country — as long as you pay the correct postage from the UK (assuming that’s where you’ll send from), it doesn’t matter what restrictions other countries have on sizes for their own postcard postage. (Of course, if you’re participating in chain cards or ‘write back my postcard’ activities, you need to factor in the restrictions of wherever your card will be sent on from.)

4 Likes

I’m looking for a supplier of unwritten Thunderbirds postcards in UK (or any cartoons of a similar era, like Stingray).
Has anyone seen them for sale? Or can recommend any places to look?
I’ve just got a few vintage ones off Etsy but there don’t seem to be many round at send- able prices.

Deleted by poster

1 Like

I think you might have posted this in the wrong place Charles x

1 Like

Oops, thanks! Apologies to all

1 Like

As a newbie, I didn’t have much variety of cards, but I’ve just bought a postcard box collection from The Royal Academy. £25 for 250 postcards, decent quality, and 10p each! I think I can cover almost any theme request now as there’s artwork from 1700s to contemporary.

9 Likes

Just found this thread - dunno what took me so long! :crazy_face: Thank you for all the amazing resources. Here is my contribution. :slightly_smiling_face:

I have had multiple excellent experiences buying from this seller on eBay and can highly recommend for excellent service and prices:

Martyn’s Postcards

Just bought some postcards from eBay seller:

lucyandbramble

Also eBay, have purchased just one postcard set from this seller, but they have tonnes of choice. Service and pricing was also excellent. The postcard set I bought seemed to be made, or at least commissioned by this seller and the card used is some of the thickest I have seen lately!

Cavalier and Forge 3D

5 Likes

I’ve bought from Martyn’s postcards before & been very happy :blush:

I’ve had mixed results from Cavalier, so personally I wouldn’t recommend them. And I’ve seen him be rude to someone (on Etsy or NOTHS I can’t remember which) who mentioned the poor quality of the item they received.

I originally bought Halloween cards and they looked good initially, a little thin & poorly printed on the back but definitely usable, but when things touched the front they stuck to them & the ink came off on the other item, my phone & other postcards for instance.

I then bought ‘proper’ Mayfair postcards from them & they were great, a little curved, but I was happy with them. I also bought poppy cards at the same time only half of which were the colours they’d were supposed to be, two were so bad they had to go in the bin.

I tried again some months later for a three pack of valentines cards, I couldn’t find them anywhere else & I could see they were a textured card so assumed the printing wouldn’t be sticky. I was happy with them when they came, so ordered a second pack. When they arrived the colours were awful, totally different to the first set, so I couldn’t use them, and as I’d seen how he responded to complaints, I didn’t bother mentioning it.

I possibly would order again, but definitely not their self printed cards x

3 Likes