Where do we find our postcards?

I’ve got to pretend I didn’t see this, I am on a total card buying ban! I’m even running a lottery to try and give away some of my huge stash :smiley:

9 Likes

I don’t understand the concept. :laughing:

I had been thinking of the difficulty of buying postcards/finding shops selling them while I was away and then I thought " why worry", I can take them with me. And they’ll be of the place I’m going to.

2 Likes

I recently bought a load of notecards from my favourite charity, the RNLI. They’ve got some great designs.

4 Likes

Hello are they postcard sized ? I love the RNLI.

1 Like

Wildlife Photographer of the Year postcard book, £8 from the Natural History Museum shop for 18 cards -

6 Likes

They also have one of the previous year’s postcard books on Amazon, slightly cheaper currently for 20 cards -

4 Likes

The clock stops ticking in charity shops and antique fairs for me. I become lost in boxes of postcards…
I have some wonderful vintage cards, some I am more willing share than others :slight_smile:

6 Likes

The ones I got come in two sizes. Some are square, 130mm on a side, the others are rectangular, 170mm by 120mm.

2 Likes

I’ve left the Historic Royal Dockyard at Portsmouth today with many postcards from the various giftshops.

5 Likes

I found this great postcard book today full of offbeat images with a lot of character and pops of colour.

I found it at my local independent gift shop, Tŷ Nook in Llangollen.

8 Likes

As a fan of Wes Anderson’s films, I’m a big fan of this postcard book! I bought one and some stickers last year.

2 Likes

Before I went to the meet up in Nottingham at the beginning of the month - we popped into the Nottingham Postcard, Cigarette cards & Ephemera Fair’. Most of the stalls did only seem to sell written postcards - but I did find a great stall selling unwritten and more modern postcards for 20p each - they had a lot of PHQ cards.

The next one isn’t until 4th May - but I’m planning on going.

Their website appears to be www.postcardcollecting.co.uk and it looks like they have a section to buy postcards too.

6 Likes

I’m on holiday in Wales 4th May or i would’ve joined you!

Has anyone had any dealings with Magnolia Box (online)? They have an amazing range of fine art postcards, prices steep but not absolutely outrageous. I was wondering about the quality, order turnaround time, etc…

4 Likes

I just looked them up! - Wow! I am going to need to go through that website with a virtual fine-toothed comb! That doesn’t help with your question but thanks for sharing the site!

Elisabeth

2 Likes

I have bought art postcards from rather good art and been pleased with their prices and service. I’ve not heard of magnolia box.

(Apologies if I’ve already posted this further up :arrow_up: the thread.)

2 Likes

In answer to my own questions and from my recent experience- 1/ the range of stock is unbelievable 2/ price is as I said steep but there is a good discount for buying 10 3/ some customisation mainly card size and borders is possible 4/ the card stock is decent- quite thick and heavy 5/ repro quality is good but depends on the original 6/ the backs of the cardare blank - no logo but no card description, address lines, etc. 7/ despatch was quick (3 days gap between order and receipt).

2 Likes

https://onlineshop.oxfam.org.uk/gb-stamps-phq-card-album-2007-08/product/HD_302011552?sku=HD_302011552

I can’t really justify this at the moment but someone else might like it. It has lots of useful cards in like Harry Potter and the Beatles if you were happy to break up the collection by using them.

3 Likes

@mwntimperial Just spotted this on my travels tonight too! Love that Beatles set :orange_heart: rich pickings for the right person! I’ve bought a few PHQ collections like this from Oxfam over the years and have always enjoyed breaking up someone’s lovely collection! Haha!

5 Likes

:joy: I bought one before Christmas and have only used two far so can’t really justify another whole folder although it was very tempting! The one I have already certainly has some niche sets including cows. You never know when they might come in handy! :grinning:

3 Likes