What's your writing desk like?

I just built my new art/writing desk this morning and I really enjoy how much work space I now have, specially doing my first watercolor postcard |D I do way more art than writing, if at all, but hey!

14 Likes

I use old boxes… here are the categories:

US states, by region and state if enough to bother sorting

individual countries other than the US

Individual themes: animals, landscapes, planes, train, automobiles, and boats, too sexy for snail mail, comedy, religion, art, presidents, Amish, covered bridges, holiday, local to my home town, black and white people photographs, old vintage… im forgetting some.

Note that once I started mailing postcards to friends and family regularly instead of emailing… when baby boomers downsized their homes they gave me their collections. I find there are about 1,000 per foot high stack. I have about 12 feet of postcards… fun for every occasion.

1 Like

I think I should be the most messy desk in this. To be honest, I always see this topic, but I’m very embarrassed every time. I’m passing by, but now I decide to put my photos on it, because I want to make changes. I hope I can make my desk more tidy after that!I hope not to be seen by people who know me, because it will make me embarrassed

14 Likes

Messy desks are a sign of creativity, so don’t be ashamed of yours! :smiley: I love a clean desk as much as anyone else, but it never lasts very long for me… I need to spread all the papers and pens and stickers around and have everything within sight and reach in order for images to form in my head.

10 Likes

Yes, every time I finish tidying up my desk and my room, they will soon become my little garbage heap again! And my room is always full of things that my mother can’t understand, things that my mother thinks are rubbish. haha​:joy:. And thank you for your understanding!!:heart::heart::grin:

Here is my desk ! I play video games, watch anime, write some letters and postcards and work here.

19 Likes

Cute space! :slight_smile: Do check out the #everything-else:anime-manga category if you haven’t yet — you might enjoy that cozy corner of the forum!

1 Like

Thank you, Ana ! (◍•ᴗ•◍)

wow! I love your keyboard!

1 Like

Thank you, Tani ! 。◕‿◕。

1 Like

I just purchased some new organizational storage for my desk! Full image to come once I’ve organized. It’s still messy.

P.S. I failed on not buying postcards/stamps before my manuscript was submitted. :sweat_smile:

20 Likes

such a cute desk! :koala: :paw_prints: :panda_face:

The black color makes me feel that your desk has a sense of technology, ha ha​:+1::+1:

1 Like

Just finished re-arrange my desk! :slight_smile:

17 Likes

lol. the “no postcard/stamp purchases until manuscript is submitted” is so relatable! May your writing be swift and your editors kind!

1 Like

I :heart: how you have the Postcrossing website up on your screen :desktop_computer: @jewelldelis

1 Like

At the moment my dinner table is my writing desk due to adding a second floor on top of our house, finishing off proceedings of the rooms and still re-arranging nearly everything on the first floor!
Still a lot of work ahead, but today after setting up all my things, I will write my Postcrossing postcards here and decorate the Traveling Notebook.

Enjoy your day :cherry_blossom:

20 Likes

Here’re my desk & bar cart for postcards :laughing:

32 Likes

A postcard cart! What a neat system, and so organized. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Here is my Postcrossing Box I keep my supplies in:

And our family kitchen table I write your :love_letter: at:

15 Likes