What's your writing desk like?

My desk has been integrated in an alcove corner which was unused space before.

The desk’s structure is realized by using mostly the wooden parts of my old bed, changed its colour with a darker sort of wood stain.

Underneath the desk an extensive range of equipment found its storage, also peripheral components like external blueray disc player and printer.

The shelves are keeping my “desk library” and keepsakes of vacations and participations in events as well as small gifts.

Of course, all writing equipment is arranged here, too.

The pinboard will be replaced with a monitor, but finds it new place on the right wall next to my chair.

Mainly postcards and and letters are witten while sitting at the desk where I can get truly “lost” ( an alternative spot is a nearby lake ) . :slight_smile:

22 Likes

That’s how we do it :slight_smile:

32 Likes

I love pink stuff haha I wish I could find a deskorganizer like that here :joy:

1 Like

Great inspiration in this thread!

I aspire to have a writing desk :heart_eyes:

At the moment, my desk is the living room floor. Supplies and cards are strategically hidden in shoeboxes, in places our toddler can’t get to :joy:

7 Likes

I have my regular desk that I use for most things… work, gaming, etc! It’s where I write most postcards.

I’m currently clearing out a drawer to the right to hold all of my Postcrossing supplies. but for now the washi tape and such is kind of just scattered all over the top…

And then there is the desk where I make the handmade cards I keep on hand for people who like those :slight_smile:

That one is covered in paint, resin supplies, glitter, beads, etc, lol.

9 Likes

I recently invested in a rolling storage cart and have put my postcards and other supplies on it. I was concerned I wouldn’t like it at first, but it is one of the absolute best storage pieces in which I’ve invested for my office. I highly recommend one.

17 Likes

I finally got my supplies all organized and in their new home!

Cards sorted by subject, everything easy to grab. Yay!

8 Likes

I have a desk but it’s only at a good height for my computer, not for writing, and it’s built in so not adjustable. So I do most of my writing on my sofa or sometimes at my dining room table.

1 Like

I have this problem too — my desk/chair setup is perfect for the computer, but not really comfortable for writing… so I end up dragging all my stuff around through several surfaces in the house to get it done. :disappointed:

1 Like

My desk is horror, a total mess. But I need all the stuff around me to be creative and as a collage artist this means tons of paper, stamps, stickers etc…
I spend half of a day with cleaning up, but no chance. In the end it looks as messy as before.
Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

Imgur

22 Likes

I have two writing desks in my study; one facing the wall and one facing the window (the second comes with a cat… :joy: :heart_eyes:)

46 Likes

If I’m right, is there grass for the cat behind the glass window?

2 Likes

HAHAHA it could be, you are right it looks very much like it (though it’s not) and my cats (I have three) love to chew on it…

Maria

2 Likes

My writing desk is a small fold up job that cost $20 at Costco (yes they have a shop bigger than an aircraft hangar in Canberra)

When out it either sits flat on the ikea couch ottoman or is put up across my lap. It depends on what I need it to do.

It lives in the ikea cabinet my tv rests on when I’m not using it !

That little desk is awesome- almost three quarters of the surface can tilt and the right side has an embedded mouse pad with a small drawer underneath.

It suits laptop use, watercolour sketching setup and of course my postcard writing. The non slip (mouse pad) surface is really handy for putting a palette or pens on because they won’t budge. Yes I’ve got a number of writing desks (dining table etc)… but nothing in front of the tv. It does the job :wink:

Here’s a picture (with my recent purchase- 3 three packs of unipin fineliners I love these versus Copic and Pitt). The fur is because I also have assistance when doing anything in front of the tv :joy:

10 Likes

It’s not this neat when I am busy writing out my postcards for Postcrossing. I would have stacks of postcards all out in different piles… pens of different nib sizes lying everywhere… and the stamps… oh, Lordy…. How they would be scattered…

But the mess is a critical part of my Postcrossing process. It allows me to carefully view and select the best image and stamps for the Postcrosser I am writing to.

44 Likes

Your desk and setup look so beautiful! :heart_eyes:

The little bear looks a bit familiar to me, but I can’t remember where I’ve seen it before. Is it from a stationery place in Singapore? Maybe I’ve seen him on Instagram at some point…

2 Likes

That’s the Manual Factory bear! I got mine from
Log-On in Hong Kong. He’s my little travel journaling buddy and there are several Instagram accounts that you can see the MF Bear on.

Here are some close-ups of mine. I honestly have too much fun dressing him up for his many adventures.

35 Likes

It’s not a desk, it’s a piece of art, really!

1 Like

So cute! He’s a star! :smiley:

2 Likes