What's your writing desk like?

I love the Lindt truffles :joy:

Thanks! I had another one, but my ex-husband got custody of it when we split up. (lol – I let him choose which one he wanted). Here’s the other one:

3 Likes

I’m ashamed to say that was a full bag last night and there’s definitely 8 left between my BF and I eating them.

Do you know what it’s like to have a thought in your head and it won’t go away until you accomplished it, no matter how completely nonsense it is? I wasn’t able to resist and ordered an issue of the Found Magazine from the USA. It arrived today and it is as weird as I hoped it is. Thank you @metlodyt! :smiley: :+1:

6 Likes

That’s so great! I’m glad you like it! looks like your got a spicy one too.
It’s been a while since I bought one, but I think I’ll have to now. It’s seems like the publication has slowed down quite a bit lately, but they’re still active on twitter, so hopefully they’ll keep going.

2 Likes

Here was my desk almost exactly 2 years ago. My current desk looks like a bomb hit it … and I have postcards, washi, and pens on at least 3 different tables in the house. Postcrossing has taken over my life!

22 Likes

I know what you mean. No wonder Germany doesn’t get a :postcrossing:ostcrossing stamp - Ministry of Finance doesn’t publish stamps that support sects.

13 Likes

Nice and tidy, unlike mine (but am not going to show it yet!).

1 Like

I wish more people would share their messy desks. But I guess I have to “be the change I want to see in the world”. So here is my desk as it is right now. No tidying up, but also not nearly as bad as it often gets:

(yes. that is a fork :laughing:)

20 Likes

Here’s mine - I didn’t tidy and I thought it was really messy, but in this picture it looks neater than I think it does in real life!

13 Likes

Who requested messy desks? Here is mine while writing and getting ready the first postcards for the Cards for Literacy campaign:

26 Likes

I just got this oak desk from 1950’s. It has all sorts of dents and cracks in it, and it barely fits in to my flat, but I just love it.

35 Likes

What a great find! Those drawers look amazingly deep… Oh, the treasures you’ll keep there! :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I like it so much :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Seeing all the amazing spaces you post, I was motivated to clean up my writing space. It is barely a crafting desk as it is usually full of… well everything. So i end up doing all my writing/crafting on the coffee table. I even got a new chair to help/motivate me to sit more at my desk and less on the couch. So i present you before and after (in between i made some changes in the drawers and cupboards)

10 Likes

I like the feeling of a desk. I like your tape, too. :grinning:

It seems that the view here is good! Look at the house outside the window. It’s my favorite feeling.

I like this white table!

IKEA… as all of my house. :sweat_smile: it is good and spacey, but ive put too many things on it… again!

Everyone has such different setups, I love it.
I rent a small room, so space is limited.
This is just a foldable desk and a metal bedside table I turned to face the left.
I do a lot of junk journaling, book recycling, and doodling so my setup prolly reflects more of that.
(I got excited to share so I forgot to hide the envelopes I’m making on the table. Haha.)

The postcard on the wall is one sent by my partner.
The quote says ‘Most people are more deserving of pity than censure.’

I was drafting a reply to this when my first ever postcard box came in! It’s 100 New York postcards from the Met museum.
Look it fits perfectly in the space I was storing my other postcards. :relaxed:

The left side has my ongoing projects:
-The black ‘save’ notebook with the cat on it is my most recent handmade journal. It’s hardcover.
-You can see salvaged book spines under my markers for future projects, behind the markers are handmade envelopes and unused papers and ephemera from old books.
-The spiral bound notebook is my current diary and 3DS, lol.

I thought I kept my space clean but it looks so messy to me in these pictures. :thinking: Maybe it’s cause all my stuff is recycled?

14 Likes