What's your writing desk like?

Your kitty-cat thinks you are doing a photo shoot exclusively of him/her! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: What a star!

2 Likes

I love seeing all these desks and organization systems!
Today I got a card with this awesome stamp:

combined with the great desks of @sannah82 and @poissonrouge , I’m really starting to consider getting a more elaborate desk.

52 Likes

I like that this is color coordinated :+1:

1 Like

no judging…I didn’t tidy up, figured I’d show it on a typical day…

19 Likes

I love this! I must get a corner desk to have this much room to make a mess! :smiley:
May I ask what the big box on the left is for?

1 Like

Here is, finally, my tidy-ish desk, where I teach and study languages, write postcards, occasionally do some basic photo editing:

My blank postcards are kept in the drawers under the desk, divided by city / region.
I have very little stationery for my :postcrossing: activity: I only need a red pen to write IDs and a black one to write messages and addresses. :blush:

14 Likes

Great, thanks for showing, @mikebond :+1: . I hope I and this topic’s community didn’t steal you too much time for making your workplace presentable for the photo :smiley: It looks like a well organized place and a lot of work!

3 Likes

Nah, don’t worry: it only took about 5 minutes to move some things to another desk (covered with books and stuff, and thus not used as a desk!) or to the couch! I will tidy better later… :smiley:

3 Likes

Finally we see yours

I still haven’t tidy up my desk :smile: maybe this weekend :rofl:

Unfortunately that big box is “storage” lol

@metlodyt are legs supposed to go under the desk? I thought that space was for boxes!!?? Ha

2 Likes

My writing space looks more like a zoo than a desk but here it is:

I store my cards I have for swap in the boxes and my received cards in the folders.

44 Likes

and I spotted a koala plushie I own as well (the one with the boomerang) :smiley:

2 Likes

@tanii, the koalas are so cute :heart_eyes:

1 Like

My room :raised_hands::love_letter:

59 Likes

I write mine in a variety of different places but usually on the bed because I keep the postcard stash in the bedside cabinet. I have a little coffee mug that holds all my pens and markers, a Christmas tin for my stamps and a huge box that holds all my postcards. I don’t use a lot of stickers but I have an entire bag filled with different stickers.

Sometimes I head over to another room which is my classroom, office, library, gym and storage room! That’s where I keep my collection of postcards too. It’s a stuffy room you can probably imagine. For the past couple of months, it’s also functioning as the “quarantine room” for the things we buy.

2 Likes

I am not good at being in order.
I don’t know why I put picture of my desk here but I love to see others desks…

12 Likes

Here’s my desk, which is my favorite piece of furniture! My husband made it for me years ago and I use it daily for writing in journals, writing letters and postcards, and making lists and creating cards and envelopes. I love the little cubbies and shelves, as well as all the drawers, where I store extra pens and markers, sealing waxes, washi tapes, blotter paper, bookplates, fountain pen inks, and extra nibs for dip pens. I love all those accoutrements! I also like using vintage stamps and finding writing papers at thrift shops and rummage sales. The box on the left holds postcards, and the little boxes hold seals and matches for the candle. I also have a warming trivet (not shown) to hold a cup of tea and keep it warm while I write. I love sitting here and having the ritual of writing. Thanks for sharing your photos - I always look for inspiration!!

47 Likes

I just added my 2nd monitor. It’ll be rearranged again once I get myself an arm to hold my two monitors.

Edited 22 Dec 2020 with updated desk image.

13 Likes

Loving the Harley & Deadpool poster! :smiley: (There’s a Harley poster above my desk, too!)

5 Likes