What's your writing desk like?

After I got married last year, I was finally able to afford buying my dream desk. :love_letter:
Love sitting here for any bit of work I have to do, lol, but especially writing.

20 Likes

This is my desk at its messiest:

It’s just a simple IKEA desk that I have had forever.
And at its cleanest:

13 Likes

Here’s my desk, it’s like some of you, often in a mess because I’m always doing things there and I don’t take the time to put it away! :woman_facepalming: Well, I’ve got two days off maybe I’ll take advantage of it. I like the fact that it overlooks the window and that there is a ray of sunshine depending on the time of day. You can see that there is a bit of everything: pebbles to paint (left), stamps and inks, envelopes, a large kit made by one of my Canadian correspondent, dictionaries… in short, yes, there are too many things …
In any case, thank you for this topic, it’s interesting to see how each of us is organized …
Have a good day :smiley:

17 Likes

Wow. I love it too

2 Likes

I love this topic! Even though I am new to Postcrossing I wanted to share my desk with you. The spinner rack actually is full of greeting cards. Postcards are in the top drawer of the plastic drawers. Some of my favorite accessories are the miniature recycle bin, surfboard pen case, and flamingo tape dispenser. The stamp art is from IKEA. Can you tell I live in Florida?

23 Likes

I love all about your setup — it’s so colourful and cheerful! You might want to stop over at What's inside your pencil case? too and tell us about all those lovely pens you have on your desk… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

My crafting room is under construction, but I have a little mail slot station that is serving me well in the meantime.
I have gained some ideas from seeing all the amazing writing station setups here! I can’t wait until my countertops are installed and I can share the finished creative space!

14 Likes

I have crafting room that is also pet room for my three rodents. So there is a lot of dust from their bedding all over my furniture haha no matter how often I deep clean everything. :smiley:

I also have a lot of storage space and closets where I keep my crafting items, like stickers, postcards and other stationery. Most of my stuff are bought from second hand stores, flea markets, handmade or received from penpals and swap partners. I try to keep my desk as clean as possible so there is enough space to work with all kind of crafting projects.

25 Likes

I just built my new art/writing desk this morning and I really enjoy how much work space I now have, specially doing my first watercolor postcard |D I do way more art than writing, if at all, but hey!

13 Likes

I use old boxes… here are the categories:

US states, by region and state if enough to bother sorting

individual countries other than the US

Individual themes: animals, landscapes, planes, train, automobiles, and boats, too sexy for snail mail, comedy, religion, art, presidents, Amish, covered bridges, holiday, local to my home town, black and white people photographs, old vintage… im forgetting some.

Note that once I started mailing postcards to friends and family regularly instead of emailing… when baby boomers downsized their homes they gave me their collections. I find there are about 1,000 per foot high stack. I have about 12 feet of postcards… fun for every occasion.

1 Like

I think I should be the most messy desk in this. To be honest, I always see this topic, but I’m very embarrassed every time. I’m passing by, but now I decide to put my photos on it, because I want to make changes. I hope I can make my desk more tidy after that!I hope not to be seen by people who know me, because it will make me embarrassed

14 Likes

Messy desks are a sign of creativity, so don’t be ashamed of yours! :smiley: I love a clean desk as much as anyone else, but it never lasts very long for me… I need to spread all the papers and pens and stickers around and have everything within sight and reach in order for images to form in my head.

10 Likes

Yes, every time I finish tidying up my desk and my room, they will soon become my little garbage heap again! And my room is always full of things that my mother can’t understand, things that my mother thinks are rubbish. haha​:joy:. And thank you for your understanding!!:heart::heart::grin:

Here is my desk ! I play video games, watch anime, write some letters and postcards and work here.

19 Likes

Cute space! :slight_smile: Do check out the #everything-else:anime-manga category if you haven’t yet — you might enjoy that cozy corner of the forum!

1 Like

Thank you, Ana ! (◍•ᴗ•◍)

wow! I love your keyboard!

1 Like

Thank you, Tani ! 。◕‿◕。

1 Like

I just purchased some new organizational storage for my desk! Full image to come once I’ve organized. It’s still messy.

P.S. I failed on not buying postcards/stamps before my manuscript was submitted. :sweat_smile:

19 Likes

such a cute desk! :koala: :paw_prints: :panda_face: