What stamps do you use on postcards/letters? Show us!

A perfect combination :+1:

The offer is back on, anyone wishing to receive a postcard from Uzbekistan please leave a message to me and your address! One postcard from your country for one from mine(Uzbekistan). All welcome!

1 Like

Today I mailed 6 postcards and they do 3 cancelations per card. It’s a really small post office with only two tellers, 18 manual punches sounded very loud. :smile:

3 Likes

You stop sending mail midmonth?

That’s the one i usually would get but where do you get all these different varieties from? At my postoffice they just ask international, I reply yes and always they give me one of these round stamps

1 Like

You need to ask the clerk about the different stamps available - perhaps there is a display of choices which you had not noticed? You can buy stamps online from USPS with a small handling fee, or there are deals via Ebay and Etsy for random batches of older stamps at or below face value in some cases.

2 Likes

Yes, I’m out of stamps :laughing::laughing:
I bought stamps every month only to use them in 2 batches lol. Mostly for tags, as I can’t send many official cards for now

1 Like

I’ve purchased from usps and they had a few i liked. But so many diffrent varieties I’ve seen here :heart_eyes: I’ll have to ask the clerk at post office and look into etsy and ebay. Thank you :blush:

2 Likes

I order most of my stamps from the USPS website, the shipping cost is worth it! I see you have some other answers so I’ll leave it at that.

1 Like

If you want different stamps, you have to NOT use the international stamps. Instead get domestic stamps of different denominations and put them together to equal the value of an international stamp.

1 Like

To put it simply, international postcard rate is $1.30 - that is the cost of a Global Forever stamp. But you can combine any old stamps (showing the face value) or current forever stamps (first class $0.58, domestic post card $0.40, butterfly $0.88, etc.) to reach $1.30. The eBay route is a fun one, because you can often get $20 of stamps for $15 and then have a huge variety of colorful, themed stamps.

2 Likes

Cards for an aviation junkie, history buff, someone who loves women’s faces, and other assorted interests

11 Likes

New batch of stamps received.

31 Likes

17 Likes

Leaving today:

15 Likes

Holy moly, you guys have the most beautiful and most diverse sets of stamps I have ever seen. What a shame I just found out about the postcrossing project.
As for me I am super excited for selfmade stuff, so my first cards have photos on the front that I shot myself and that match the interests of the receivers.
Plus the stamps I use are selfmade too, they have a postal qr code and individual motives next to it which makes them literally unique. I have not seen anyone mentioning this possibility here which makes me wonder: Am I really the first to use selfmade stamps? Would you like to receive selfmade stamps?

3 Likes

There is a thread about custom stamps here
It’s a pity USPS cancelled the custom stamps, I’d love to make some

Ah, thank you very much! I am thankfully not the only one :slight_smile:

Here are today’s outgoing stamps. I especially like the old Lunar New Year one and the hockey ones.

13 Likes

Hi, and in my opinion, a chicken with an egg on its back is very funny and cute

1 Like