What is your favorite country to...?

I like cards from Japan because they are very creative and have interesting stamps.
… But that is true for most countries :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve gotten some of the most beautiful postcards and letters from Russia. I love the stamps, and I love the thought and care the Russians put into their writing. I received an exquisite letter with two brochures, postcards, and a magnet from a young woman in Russia back in July. It warmed my heart. I like to send cards to Germany because they arrive there fast and another slot opens up for me. I also would like the opportunity to send postcards to a rare country in Africa or South America.

17 Likes

My favorites are the ones from Japan, usually the person reads my profile :slight_smile:

10 Likes

I love sending cards to Europe (especially to Germany) and the US, because they almost always arrive fast and I like reading the profiles :slight_smile:
And I especially love receiving from the UK, German-speaking countries and the US because people there usually put effort in their writing and choosing nice cards :slight_smile: And I love British, German and American view cards :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Even though Germany is the most frequent senders, I still love getting cards from there. I love Germany, the music, the dance, the language, food, and more! And I’m also learning German. So it’s really nice to get a postcard from Germany :de: :green_heart:

8 Likes

Do you have a favorite postcard country?

4 Likes

I like to send to Austria best as it is the cheapest postage rate! :smiley:

Other than that I think it’s best to send to Germany, the cards are most likely to arrive. From Austria, anyway.

I’d like to receive cards from any country I don’t have a card from yet. That said, I’d rather have a beautiful card to my liking from any country, than a (for me) disappointing card from the most exotic place!

3 Likes

In terms of favourite countries to send to, I don’t really have any. It’s nice when the delivery is speedy (or speedy for ‘sending from Australia standards’ - which isn’t usually very fast!) though. I tend to find it’s pretty quick (3 weeks on average per my stats) sending from Australia to the UK.

For favourite countries, I love them all. Though I do have a soft spot for Japanese and Singaporean stamps.

I’ve never had any interaction with any African country through Postcrossing so far, so it would be really cool to send/receive a card from there.

1 Like

My favourite cards to receive are from
Japan. I love their stamps and beautiful cards!

I don’t really have favourite country to sent to. Anywhere where the postal system is working :see_no_evil:

5 Likes

As I’m learning japanese I’m always thrilled about cards from Japan. Recently I got a card from south Korea that I absolutely loved and as they have super stunning stamps and a very interesting culture I’m looking forward to receiving more stamps from there ^^

4 Likes

I always love to receive postcards from Russia, but unfortunately it’s not possible at the moment. I also like Northern European countries.

I don’t have a favorite country to send to. Or actually the best are the countries with reliable postal services.

4 Likes

Send: Germany. Qwik n Speedy! Ish

2 Likes

I love receiving cards from Russia. The stamps and images are beautiful, and it gives me a chance to practice reading Russian! I also really love view cards from countries like Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary because their architecture is incredible. I miss it very much. And I often get royal family postcards from the UK, which are very special for me too.

I like sending cards to Germany because it seems to be the fastest country for me! I switched on the “repeated countries” option recently and now almost all my traveling postcards are going there.

8 Likes

I love sending postcards to Germany :de: because it takes just few days.
I love receiving postcards from countries with beaches and sea :beach_umbrella: .

2 Likes

In general it’s Japan, I’m fond of this country.

Otherwise, it’s Russia and Belarus, they always have great stamps. I also like the fact russians cards take along time tocome so it’s more a surprise when I receive one than one from Germany.

I also love when I receive or send card in countries I have traveled and can share good memories about it (Estonia, Thailand and USA for exemples)

3 Likes

So many Countries I love to receive cards from, Japan, Russia, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Singapore, China. Cards from these places, in my experience, are beautiful with gorgeous stamps , interesting messages. The postcard from La Reunion was a particular joy, a place I hadn’t heard of.
I enjoy sending cards to all countries ( Just 1 postage cost from UK to the World).

3 Likes

Hello. I’m new to postcrossing too. I’m just waiting for my first postcard. I really enjoy reading the profiles of the people I sent postcards to, it’s very interesting and exciting, I’m sure receiving postcards is no less interesting.

4 Likes

I like to receive cards from Japan , it is very fun and different and stamps are beautiful too.

2 Likes

Finland! I don’t get many opportunities to speak my native Finnish so it’s lovely to read and write it on cards.

Just a shame that one in ten Finns still writes to me in English… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

In general I especially love receiving and sending cards with Japan and Germany. But there is no country that I dislike sending to or receiving from.

Someday I fervently hope to receive postcards from Timor Leste (East Timor), Mongolia and the Republic of Georgia, although I know the chances are slim.

One of my favourite received cards was from Luxembourg — not so much because of that country’s rarity, but because the sender told me some fascinating things about the Luxembourgish language. I love postcards where the sender shares some unusual tidbit!

3 Likes