What is your favorite country to...?

I love receiving cards from Russia. The stamps and images are beautiful, and it gives me a chance to practice reading Russian! I also really love view cards from countries like Czechia, Slovakia, Hungary because their architecture is incredible. I miss it very much. And I often get royal family postcards from the UK, which are very special for me too.

I like sending cards to Germany because it seems to be the fastest country for me! I switched on the “repeated countries” option recently and now almost all my traveling postcards are going there.

8 Likes

I love sending postcards to Germany :de: because it takes just few days.
I love receiving postcards from countries with beaches and sea :beach_umbrella: .

2 Likes

In general it’s Japan, I’m fond of this country.

Otherwise, it’s Russia and Belarus, they always have great stamps. I also like the fact russians cards take along time tocome so it’s more a surprise when I receive one than one from Germany.

I also love when I receive or send card in countries I have traveled and can share good memories about it (Estonia, Thailand and USA for exemples)

3 Likes

So many Countries I love to receive cards from, Japan, Russia, Hong Kong, Ukraine, Singapore, China. Cards from these places, in my experience, are beautiful with gorgeous stamps , interesting messages. The postcard from La Reunion was a particular joy, a place I hadn’t heard of.
I enjoy sending cards to all countries ( Just 1 postage cost from UK to the World).

3 Likes

Hello. I’m new to postcrossing too. I’m just waiting for my first postcard. I really enjoy reading the profiles of the people I sent postcards to, it’s very interesting and exciting, I’m sure receiving postcards is no less interesting.

4 Likes

I like to receive cards from Japan , it is very fun and different and stamps are beautiful too.

2 Likes

Finland! I don’t get many opportunities to speak my native Finnish so it’s lovely to read and write it on cards.

Just a shame that one in ten Finns still writes to me in English… :roll_eyes:

7 Likes

In general I especially love receiving and sending cards with Japan and Germany. But there is no country that I dislike sending to or receiving from.

Someday I fervently hope to receive postcards from Timor Leste (East Timor), Mongolia and the Republic of Georgia, although I know the chances are slim.

One of my favourite received cards was from Luxembourg — not so much because of that country’s rarity, but because the sender told me some fascinating things about the Luxembourgish language. I love postcards where the sender shares some unusual tidbit!

3 Likes

Hold out hope for travel mode! @doryfera

1 Like

I like GERMANY!!!
Because most postcards are delivered within 1 week (sometimes only 4-5 days!!) so I can send others soon.
And I can find chances to use German, which is reary (rather, not?) spoken in Japan.
I want to receive more from Switzerland, Austria (Oesterreich), i.e. from German-speaking country.

I like Russia, too. They have always cards with cute pictures and also beautiful stamps.

Other countries I want to receive from are South Korea. As there are still a small number of users, I expect to see what kind of cards will be sent. And. also I kind of think that they will deliver faster than in China or Taiwan :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

I can see that feeling!
Even if I say on profile that I can write German, some Germans writes to me in English. They excuses that they want to make it easier but I’m worried if my German was too bad.

1 Like

My favourite country to send to is probably Germany. I’m not entirely sure why but maybe it’s sentimental reasons (my sister was born there). I mean, I love sending to all countries but getting a German address is definitely fun (which is a good job considering there’s a lot of German postcrossers lol)

I don’t have a favourite for where I receive from - although it would be cool to receive from Dubai (again for sentimental reasons as my dad lived there)

3 Likes

I love sending to Russia because they usually appreciate postcards from Italy very much and write very warm thank you messages. And because my postcards maybe need more than one month to arrive, but eventually almost everything do.

I don’t have a single favourite country to recieve from. I just love when the cards have nice stamps, are prepared with care and depicts something of the country they come from.

8 Likes

I like sending to Russia because I get long travel times for European postage. I like longer travel times because it helps me to not send too many postcards.

I don’t have any preference for countries to receive from. The more common countries tend to have greater variety but what you receive depends a lot on the individual taste of the sender too. I checked my wall of favourites and there doesn’t seem to be any country that would stick out.

6 Likes

As every postcrosser i love to receive from different countries.
But my most favorite country to send is Germany.
We have very quick mail exchange between our countries. If i won’t delay with sending it will reach recipient in Germany in 5-7 days. I must admit very responsible people there. I’ve never had lost or expired cards to Germany.
Of course I like to send to other countries as well.

2 Likes

I have a card to Germany currently travelling for 68 days. Normally cards to Germany arrive within a week. I believe it is officially lost now :cry:

2 Likes

Definitely Italy, but the thing is, i do not have any unfortunately.

1 Like

All are super - Germany are normally fairly fast & normally nice cards and messages.
India is a favourite ive had some beautifully stamped cards with nice messages. The occasional from Australia is very special too

4 Likes

Hello!!!
Well, I love sending cards to Brazil, France and Portugal. Rare countries are nice too!!!
I love receiving cards from Russia! Wonderful cards always!!!

5 Likes

I Hope to receive postcards from Greece, France and Spain

1 Like