What is your favorite country to...?

I think every country has its own thrill for me. I like sending to/from the US because it’s cheaper and quick and I wonder how close/far people are from me. I love receiving from countries I’ve visited because it brings back good memories. I also love receiving from rarer countries - that’s really fun. Mostly it’s about the message for me - even if it’s short, I love an interesting, unique message. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

My favorite place to send to is my own country because it’s cheaper and faster. :joy:

I love receiving from all over.

4 Likes

My favorite country to send is Germany :blush: It took 5 days to 11 days… so quick and always reaches in good condition/no teared or damaged :cherry_blossom:

5 Likes

I love all over the world but I preffer about monetary reasons Europe 1,65€

Rest of the world is 1,75€ and 2,10€ to USA, Rusia, Japan, Canadá and Australia :woman_facepalming:t3:

And received I love EEUU :us:

2 Likes

To be honest, I don’t have a favourite!

I suppose if I had to pick, I’d be somewhat selfish - sending within Australia is possibly the cheapest Postcrossing can get, especially since I can get concession stamps that can only be used within Aus :smiley:

But, outside of that I enjoy all the swaps and cards I get :slight_smile:
I do have a soft spot for Japanese stationary, though!

2 Likes

I love sending postcards to Brazil, because it’s cheaper to send within my own country, but sadly I was never lucky enough to draw a Brazilian address on Postcrossing. Since sending postcards to other countries in the Americas is much cheaper than to other continents, I would say that these are my favorites outside of Brazil.
In Europe, I like to send to the Netherlands, because the postcards usually arrive in less than a month, while to Germany they usually take between one month and a half and two months of travel. :frowning_face:
I love sending postcards to Russia, because even though shipping is much more expensive, they usually arrive between twenty days and a month, but unfortunately there’s a mail suspension from Brazil to Russia at the moment. Shipping to Japan and Singapore is fast too, the postcards usually arrive within a month.

1 Like

I love sending to the Baltic states since I’ve lived in Lithuania for half a year as an exchange student. I visited Latvia and Estonia too during that time and these three countries are very dear to me. Sending a card there (or receiving one) allows me to still have some connection with my second home and in case of Lithuania I can practice my Lithuanian skills again :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I would love to get drawn from Wales. Its so beautiful over there!!:heart:

1 Like

That is so true they must have an amazing postal service! I sent a postcard to there and took 5 days, the same day in my own country (Canada) almost 2 weeks!

2 Likes

I am from Wales and got a person in Canada that originally was from Wales. I wrote in Welsh because it was one of their languages.

2 Likes

How lucky!!

Germany - sometimes they are quicker than internal post within the UK

3 Likes

Isn’t that the truth :rofl:

1 Like