What did you acquire for postcrossing?

I bought a bundle of festive cards from PostSnailPress and some of the new UK Star Trek stanps.
I’m looking forward to sending them - but the chocolate orange card I might have to keep

44 Likes

Wow! What! New Star Trek Stamps! And I see Janeway there! All the captains!? Oh oh okei, I have a new postcrossing goal: to boldy collect all those stamps. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Hope you make some people happy with them!

10 Likes

Not just the Captains!
Can’t wait to start sending them

5 Likes

Aside from postcards and stamps, I’ve picked up some nice gel and ink pens for writing as well as rubber stamps, washi tape, and stickers!

8 Likes

Aside from postcards and stamps i have an insane amount of different washi tapes. I cannot seem to refrain from buying more whenever theyre cheapand pretty. I think i have around 30-40 different ones at the moment.

Also stickers.
I have dozens.

8 Likes

I’m waiting for a rubber stamp with my name on it to arrive. It should be here later this week.

7 Likes

Come share them with us at the Washi tape topic! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So this is more like an item I “borrowed” aka stole :rofl: from my husband. He has this light box and I asked him to set it up so that I could FINALLY take photos of my cards for swap and start loading them to my Flickr account. :grin:

18 Likes

I ordered some Covid-19 Christmas Postcards like these:

And they arrived today!

42 Likes

I thought the stamps at my post office were a bit boring so I placed an order for some special stamps a couple of weeks ago and they just arrived today!

I’m so excited to use them for my outgoing mail! The rabbit ones are really cool because they have a lenticular effect and the rabbit pops in/out of the hat depending on the view angle. Although the packaging feels a bit wasteful… so much plastic!

78 Likes

@anbai9 beautiful stamps! Oh oh the frogs, if you come across my address you can send them to me. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

@RalfH I thought I wasn’t into christmas Christmas postcards until I saw these of yours. Cute! :smile:

4 Likes

I bought a set of them on amazon.de for the Christmas insanity called “Postcards for a good cause” that will start on 01 December for all cards with an ID starting with “DE”. (Deutsche Post will donate 0.10 € to the German reading foundation for every card with a DE-ID sent in December and registered before March 2021 thst is why only cards with German ID are effected).
If I draw your address, I’ll send one your way.

9 Likes

Uh. Maybe more stamps. :blush:

34 Likes

The bottom ones are especially beautiful, @saintursula! Enjoy. :blush:

Today I acquired these two postcards. :heart_eyes:

34 Likes

I just glanced at that card on the left and thought the lynx was holding a gun :laughing:
now I’m both relieved and a bit disappointed that it is not.

10 Likes

Now I am disappointed that it’s not a Gangsta Lynx. :rofl:

4 Likes

Today spent about an hour at at local second hand/antique store going through postcards. Not the best corona-behavior, I know, but I was wearing a mask and went in the middle of the workday to avoid crowds. AND it got me a whole bunch of unused vintage postcards. here are some of them:

some as recent as the 1980’s (actually the whale tail one is from 1994) and some I think are from the 1920’s, but I’d have to do more research to be sure.
I usually don’t like touristic cards very much, but so many people request them, and I think this will be my way of fulfilling those requests more. For some reason I find older touristic cards much more interesting than the current ones.

What are your opinions of sending/receiving vintage postcards? do you mind if they’re not in perfect mint condition?

38 Likes

They often look outdated without looking historic, so maybe I’d be disappointed if I get one.

2 Likes

My opinion is: they’re postcards. Some are good, some not so good. It can be interesting, sometimes places have changed or the topics are different than what would be printed today.

6 Likes

I visited a town I’d never been to about an hour from me in order to take some photos for someone. While in the area I browsed a couple antique stores and found what may be my favorite postcard find so far. They even had some stamps already on them!

66 Likes