What did you acquire for postcrossing?

My fiancée took me to Papemelroti, a famous Filipino paper goods store. They have great postcards so I was able to get several more designs I did not yet have.

5 Likes

I tend to get movie flyers, tourist information, and the like, thinking it would be nice to include them when I send them in an envelope. :smiley:

9 Likes

A stamp jointly issued by France and Japan was released last year.

9 Likes

What beautiful stamps! :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart: I collect books for children and love illustrations. Thank you for sharing!

1 Like

There is a long list in Wikipedia

3 Likes

Have a look here : What are some joint issue stamps that your country released? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thank you for the link. I really enjoyed looking through all the collaboration stamps. The next time I’m going stamp shopping, I’ll take photos of more joint issue stamps. There are very beautiful Singapore ones for sure. I actually got a postcard once from Singapore with a joint Russia-Singapore stamp. There are Russia-Japan (flowers) and Russia-Armenia (the capitals’ skyscrapers) that I remember well. The Wikipedia list is not up to date. It’s fun to learn all these small facts about stamps while postcrossing. It’s something that I didn’t even think about when I started sending out postcards :blush:

1 Like

So I got this container to store my washi tape, but the slots were too small. Luckily it works perfectly to store all my postage stamps! I used to have my postage stamps in 3 different places. It was really hard to know what I had, and I kept buying more than I needed :sweat_smile: Hopefully this helps with that issue!

17 Likes

I know what you mean!!! I too have a lot of stamps because I don’t keep track of what I have. I bought a file yesterday and organized it and was again shocked at how many stamps I have.

24 Likes

India issues lots of joint stamps each year. I have these in my collection.

Older ones are hard to get, but recent ones are easily available and I use them for postage as well.

India-Russia is my favourite

9 Likes

I have joint-issue stamps of Russia and India. Yes, they are bright and beautiful, and I like them too. But my stamps (bought in Russia) are slightly different from yours in design. The idea is the same, they can be recognized by the photo, but still the stamps are different. And in the Russian version there is no such beautiful sheet with a background of buildings. The stamps are located on a square sheet, 3x3 pieces, and in the center is a square with an inscription about the joint issue. So, as it turned out, the stamps of joint issues are not an exact copy, they are only similar. I didn’t know about it before.

6 Likes

Walked into the post office to buy one stamp for a handmade card and walked out with 7 maxicards :heart_eyes:

29 Likes

Super excited to start sending these badass feminist postcards!
Star Wars: Women Of The Galaxy and Women in Art. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

24 Likes

Just bought some new washi tape, postcards and stickers

And OMG @alter3ch0 the Leia Cards are so cool !!! :star_struck:

18 Likes

3 new rubber stamps to use as faux postmarks for the people who like postcards in-envelope :snail: :email: I don’t like a postcard that looks untraveled :sweat_smile:

41 Likes

What a find the post box is my fav

Those were common when I was young, but pretty much gone now.

Seriously you are amazing, I want to get a card from you someday. I love your stash, wellllll of everything

I have never seen any in my travels. So I must be toooo young :joy:

New stamps entering the rotation

21 Likes