What did you acquire for postcrossing?

Thank you Masha for the tips!

We Canadians don’t seem to have that many options available … I did a quick search on Amazon.ca. Most of the photo/postcard-sized sleeves are made in A4 size, which doesn’t necessarily fit all North American binders, even though the perforation may be OK.

Or something with a custom size (23.9 × 28.5 cm) that is slightly bigger than US letter size:

The most common US letter-size solution seems to be 2 pockets holding up to 5"×7", which is a bit large for common postcards (therefore a waste of space).

Alas, I wish our country’s population is bigger so that more manufacturers can consider our needs when making a product …

4 Likes

Another day, another stack of random assortment postcards arrives …

19 Likes

Arrived. Latest series by Lokamade. LOVE IT.

• LOKAPEDIA Series VOL 2
  • Malaysia Truly Asia

17 Likes

Just found a partial pack of postcards at a fundraiser yard sale today. There are only 8 of the original 30, but they’re so pretty!

Of course, I will also have to find recipients who don’t mind getting Japan-themed postcards from Canada :laughing:

14 Likes

I am in love with these Temple cards :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

So awesome cards inside set, many of these are UNESCO World Heritage sites :love_letter:

22 Likes

@Hemang , Beautiful cards, where did you get from? :pray::pray::pray:

1 Like

My stamping tool box

9 Likes

Sorry for my ignorance but what is wassi tape? Also what do you do with tiny notebooks? Looks like i may be able to use those!

Another newbie question…how is there room on the postcards for anything other than a stamp and an address? I have many things i usually add to letters but i am having problems fitting it all on a the small footprint of a postcard. Thanks in advance!

So organized! I am jelly!

Washi tape is a decorative masking tape that people here use to decorate the back of the postcard! There are many types, with drawings, colors, patterns, motifs, etc. As for the little notebooks, I used them to make a little visual diary on it by gluing old stamps, newspapers clippings, dried flowers or leaves, stickers from fruit, etc. Then I would send them to someone! Of course you can use them as you see fit. :grin:

Here are some places you can check out on the forum:

Washi Tape Discussions - You can see some washi tapes people have bought
Back of the card decorations - You can check those washi tapes in action so you have an idea how they are used
Little Notebook Tag - Where you can send and receive those little notebooks filled with nice stuff

Welcome to Postcrossing! I hope you have a fun time with us here. :blush:

2 Likes

One friend offered me these :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

In the latest update, Daiso now sells some other designs

6 Likes

12 Likes

Went to my first stamp release and stamp show, then a meetup, and then went into San Francisco and found lovely cards. I love the bear hugging California. May keep one for myself…

21 Likes

Picked up this cute washi tape set at Barnes & Noble the other day. Featuring lines from 3 classic books. :relieved:

11 Likes

Almost all May stamps and some postcard booklets

13 Likes

I bought the EUROPA stamps too! :laughing:

13 Likes

Don’t step on the dog!

2 Likes

More Stamps for me from ePost Office

And look my post office account brought me new stamps of 2024, despite of plan of 4, they just send 2 Stamps in each dispatch haha

9 Likes