What did you acquire for postcrossing?

They are beautiful ,- are they hard to find or expensive ?

1 Like

Is this shop anywhere near Waalwijk or Utrecht, by any chance? :crossed_fingers:

Such a great find!

1 Like

But that one is really funny :smiley:

1 Like

No. It’s just me setting myself a limit to only send 3-4 cards a month, even though I wanted to write more. :sweat_smile: Plus they are only sold in big post office some distance away from where I live (but not that hard to find).

5 Likes

Not really. It is in Mijnsheerenland, which is past Rotterdam.

1 Like

I bow to your discipline. I jyst don’t write any card or go full out. There is no middle road.

2 Likes

I got lots of floral stickers :sweat_smile: 160 to be exact.

22 Likes

I bought a custom stamp from an artist.
(Can be used as a real stamp)
I’ve been fascinated ever since it arrived.

37 Likes

I was just replenishing my supply of postcards from my go to store in town today and I spotted this pen, as it’s got my forum name on it I couldn’t resist.

20 Likes

Just received Liechtenstein stamps. Opening the envelope, I thought to myself, I surely did not order that many, that the envelope was bulging. I ordered all sorts of different stamps, I copy of each, and each comes in a little envelope…

15 Likes

Does your cat need a shrink now?

Bought this one today:

7 Likes

Can you print out a fake address for us to see the result of the label maker? :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

I have some Inkognito postcards from 10 years ago & realized they still make some of them, so I reordered several from Germany and they came in this mysteriously large box that felt empty.

14 Likes

Hi @SadSack :raising_hand_woman:t3: Please see photo below. :grinning:

@Moderator - This is the address of a fictional character from a book for demonstration purposes only. The address is also of a museum related to that character and it is in the public domain. :grin:

I had to hold the print-out down because it wanted to curl up! The green background is a cutting mat and the grid measurement is in 1 cm squares so that you can see proportions/size.

I printed from a screenshot. You will see two sizes of font. To get the bigger font, I just re-screen printed, turned my phone sideways, pinched it out and re-saved - voila - bigger pic! Then I went back into the printer app (called Tiny Print and free to download and use from the App Store) re-loaded the screenshot and re-printed the address. I did this to show you that you can easily change the font size if you think it’s too small - the printer will just print it sideways! :smiley:

There are probably other ways to change font size, but this is I how do it. It’s dead easy and takes no time at all. You can actually type straight into the app. As easy-to-use as the app generally is, typing directly into it is a bit weird - you type into a tiny box at the bottom of the screen, not onto a ‘page’, so it’s hard to sort out layout etc and actually see what you are doing.

On purchasing one of these thermal printers, it will say which app to download. I know a lot of printers use the same apps. But I suspect any of the apps probably work basically the same way.

Hope this helps! :smile::heart_hands:

9 Likes

It turns out…I can’t read German and I accidentally ordered a POSTER when I wanted to order a postcard! Which explains why the shipping seemed a bit pricey. :scream_cat:

But now I have an accidental poster, which is quite lovely and thankfully, I ordered the rest in postcard sizes!

32 Likes

These are so beautiful! What a cool find!

2 Likes

Ive had the odd A5 :confused: postcards lol - what to do with them ?

2 Likes

Hi

Every body
I am Naresh from India
Madras as formerly called this Metro city is now known as Chennai. The city is world famous for the Longest Beach Coastline with many Beaches
The biggest and famous one being Marina Beach. Interested in sharing and sending anything collectables from my city.
Recently visited my city Philately beurue post office branch for buying some nice post cards and stamps and sent them with the special place post cancellation to various post cross members.
Thanks for reading
Bye.

3 Likes

#1 Organiser sleeves

In the old days, I used to put the lettermails I received inside cookies boxes. Although they are classed in chronological order, this method makes flipping over past correspondence rather cumbersome.

Now, 1.5 years after I had joined Postcrossing, I finally decided to buy these A4 transparent organiser sleeves (called ‘A4 refill’ by the Japanese stationary giant Kokuyo) to get the pile of postcards I have received properly organised.

These refills come with 2 or 4 pockets, which suits conventional 5"×7" and 4"×6" postcards just fine. And because it’s made of highly transparent material, I can read the written words on the address side easily without taking a card out of the sleeve.

The only inconvenience I found is that the 30-hole configuration of the Japanese (and European) standard doesn’t fit my 3-ring binder of the North American standard. So I either have to buy Japanese binder or punch holes on the transparent refills to make it fit into our North American binder.

#2 Electric scale

This electric scale is definitely the best purchase I have made since starting Postcrossing. It’s accurate to 0.1g for anything under 3kg, which makes calculating the postage a breeze. A must-have for anyone who wants to take full advantage of the maximum weight allowance of a lettermail (especially for those living in high postage countries such as Canada)!

12 Likes