Welcome to the Forum!

Thank you, fabioviolinist. I’m very pleased and excited that I found out about postcrossing. I was looking at postcards online and postcrossing was mentioned. Of course, I had to find out what it was and here I am!

2 Likes

I’m looking forward to meeting you all, Nique. This is a wonderful way to talk to people from around the world with the bonus of postcards.

2 Likes

Hello Mariam (have I got your name right?). I’m new here and I’ve just sent my first postcard. How long have you been on here? My name’s Claud, by the way :bat: :owl:

1 Like

Thank you so much! Happy to be here and I hope I made a lot of new friends :hugs:

3 Likes

Hi folks!
I’m new to here… Nice to see you all…

4 Likes

Hello!
My name is Kateryna. I am Ukrainian currently living in Malta. It is a small archipelago of 3 islands in Mediterranean Sea. I have 2 daughters 3 and 10 y.o., a cat and a beagle.
We will be moving to the US at the end of August.
Of somebody want a postcard from Malta please feel free to send me a message with your address and preference and I’ll be happy to send you a postcard! I still have a lot left.
Cheers to all!

6 Likes

Welcome @anon52406122 and @Kat_Wolf :bangbang:

SO HAPPY you are here✍

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

My name is Ahmet and I too am new to this forum and I’m happy to be a part of the community. Like all of you, I love the experience of sending and receiving a random postcard from somewhere around the world. I know that it sounds crazy, but the excitement that I get approaching my mailbox on a weekday is indescribable.

Just a little about myself. I was actually born in Turkey and lived there for the first 9 years of my life. My family then immigrated to Germany in the mid. 90’s. I then moved to Canada as an international student in 2007 and have stayed there since. During my time here, I became a citizen and I currently work as a high school teacher teaching law, politics and sometimes English in a rural high school outside of Ottawa.

I love to travel when I can and hope to do so later this summer. I also love seeing movies that have a good plot, reading short stories and following the news. I also love follow international football/soccer competition and seeing the Eurovision song contest.

I probably won’t be as active or present during the school year, but will likely be more active during breaks and holidays.

Hope to get a chance to talk to many of you in different parts of the forum. :smile:

3 Likes

hello,im from china

4 Likes

Hi, everyone! I’m Arlene, and I live in sunny San Diego, CA, USA! Although I’ve been Postcrossing for nine months now, I’m a bit late in joining the forum. I enjoy collecting stamps, making origami, reading, writing, volunteering, traveling, and learning more about the world!

This fall, I will be an incoming freshman at the University of California, San Diego, studying molecular and cell biology in hopes of becoming an epidemiologist. Like many, I’m tired of living in a pandemic, but I’ve allowed it to inspire my career path so I can, hopefully, find the cures to future deadly viruses before they become so severe.

Looking forward to meeting everyone! If you’d like to trade, please reach out and I’d be happy to do so! Hopefully, I can be friends with others around my age since I’m 18 and I’m the only one in my friend group who knows what Postcrossing is. :sweat_smile:

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Хочу. Помогите!

Hello everybody!
I heard about postcrossing many times, I love beautiful postcards, but its were not needed. I thought, why not?
I live in Russia, in the city of Tomsk. The city is over 400 years old and famous for its wooden architecture. There are many universities here, so it was named Siberian Athens.
My five cards have already been received, I have sent the next ones. But I’m still patiently waiting for my first postcard, very curious what it will be and where it will come from.

4 Likes

I’ve been using the forum a little bit already but hadn’t actually come here to say hi yet. :slight_smile:

I’m not quite new to Postcrossing; I was pretty active back in 2009 but stopped when I moved and made a lot of life changes, and only just now picked it back up. While my old account was deleted (same username!) I have all my old stats in email still (I was at 83 sent and 84 received), and need to dig all of those postcards out of storage so that I can put them in an album.
So I’m sort of new but not really new, but I am new to the forum, lol.

Glad to be back into it, and (im)patiently waiting for cards to get registered so that I can send more out! :rofl:

7 Likes

Hi!!
My name is Deaba. I live in Oregon USA. My hobbies are sewing journal making canning and scrapbooking
I have 2 boys. One is 30 and one is 17!
Excited to be here

3 Likes

Hi!
My name is Debby and I live in Switzerland.
I have joined postcrossing im 2016 but for the last 2 years I have been pretty inactive. But now I’m getting back into it and I’m loving it again. :blush:
I’m a very crafty person, I love to crochet. But I also love baking, reading, watching anime, animals, taking walks in nature and spending time in my favorite cozy coffee shop. :slight_smile: I’m joining the forum because I want to participate in some tags and direct swaps.

5 Likes

Hi! I. New too sent 5 so far…

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Kitty. I was previously on the old version of PostCrossing, I think around 5 years ago? I didn’t do it for long but I did have a good time.

As I’m sure many feel the same way, COVID19 meant I couldn’t see a lot of my friends, so we started sending mail to one another in addition to texting etc. I joined a few subreddits on Reddit for sending postcards as well but I kind of want to start tracking countries, etc, and pacing myself a bit better so I don’t get burned out.

A bit about me… I’ve been studying Japanese since October 2019 so I sometimes try and use a bit of it when I write to my friends just to practice. I might practice my katakana and teach my postcard pals how to write their names in katakana or something like that.

Sent off my first five cards today to the US, Brazil, France, Germany, and Russia. I felt a little intimidated as there were a couple people whose list of postcard design preferences were really extensive and didn’t match what I have on hand, but I hope nobody on here is like rude about that.

4 Likes

Hi @vikitty, welcome back to Postcrossing!

You can send whatever postcard you want and you don’t have to fulfil any preferences listed on profiles. They are just that, a preference. If unsure, send something you’d like to receive.

Have fun! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Keisha. I am Indonesian but currently live in Tokyo to study.

I had joined Postcrossing circa 2009 before lost access to my account after being inactive for too long. Then, around a couple of years ago, I started over by creating my current account. However, I am new to this forum :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

I always feel happy every time getting cards in my mailbox. I am glad that I decided to restart doing Postcrossing :blush:

I hope you are all safe and healthy!

4 Likes

Hi
I have just returned to postcrossing after being absent for a few years due to personal circumstances.
I was previously JOinHanoi and was a member living in Vietnam . I had a lot of friends here and wonder if there is anyone who still remembers me .
I am now back living in the UK and I’m really excited about sending postcards again. I have just received my first official card and written cards for my first round robin. Happy days :grin:

5 Likes