Welcome to the Forum!

New here? Take a minute to introduce yourself and learn how this forum works.

Welcome to the new Postcrossing forum!

After 15 years, the Postcrossing community has a new home and we couldn’t be more pleased to have you all here. This is the place for us to share our thoughts and interests, talk about all the lovely mail we receive, organize meetings, help good causes and make people happy with our postcards. Postcrossing is a very special community that connects people across the world, independently of their country, age, gender, race or beliefs — let’s celebrate this diversity by connecting with others and learning about our world.

If you are new here, leave a message below to introduce yourself to others. By now you probably received a message from our quirky little @postbot to help you get started. If you want to learn more, check our Forum User Guide and if you hit any problems or have any questions, don’t be shy to ask for help from others.

And above all, let’s make this a friendly and safe place for everyone. Have fun and Happy Postcrossing!

115 Likes

Ok, so, I go first!

Hi everyone! :wave:

I’m Paulo, currently living in the south of Portugal. I’m often accused of being unable to stop myself from pressing things with buttons, so you’ll often find me at a keyboard. When I’m not pressing buttons, I love to run (long distance) and to travel to new countries. Unfortunately, not much traveling is taking place these days, but I hope that comes back soon.

Looking forward to meet you all! :smiley:

78 Likes

Hi everyone!

I’m Ana, and I also live in the south tip of Portugal! I like taking photos with old plastic cameras, traveling, collecting stationery, learning languages and eating eggs. :blush:

67 Likes

Hi folks! Nice to see you all here. And can I just say I love the capybara? :smiley:

29 Likes

Hello! And congratulations to all on the new forum! I’m Eric, and I live in Connecticut in the USA, where I’m happy to be up early today :smile: I look forward to exchanging postcards here with friends old and new.

30 Likes

Hi, I’m Cathrine, I live in Eastern Norway. I’m currently annoyed by the weather here and kind of wish I live somewhere else. Some snow on the ground after the snowfall yesterday, and foggy and cold! Blah!
Besides that I like to knit, volunteer, pick berries in the forest, read and so on.

36 Likes

Hello! Congrats on the new forum! I’m Amy and I am an American living in Japan. I love to eat mitarashii dango and take a long dip in onsens.

25 Likes

Hi, I’m Nadine from Jüchen, Germany. I am a Postcrosser for 7 years and I am still loving it. I love to travel (but put that hobby on hold this year), to read a good book, to bake and to ride my bike.

23 Likes

Hello, Hola, Bonjour, Salve, Olá dear postcrossers!
I am Carmen and I am very happy that the new forum is starting now! :tada:
I was already in the sandbox to practice and I am thrilled with this new platform, it is so well done. !!!Congratulations!!
I live in the south-western part of Germany, I like to write and many postcards, sew little things, read entertaining books and I am a creative artist. I paint pictures on canvas. I am looking forward to a cheerful cooperation here in the new forum.

20 Likes

Hello everyone my name is Giorgina from Italy I’m really happy to be here in the company of all of you in our wonderful forum. I’m a big football fan maybe I’ll find someone who likes it. Lots of love for everyone :two_hearts::sunflower::soccer:

22 Likes

Hello everyone!
I’m Michele from Italy :it: and I’ve been a postcrosser for 12 and a half years.
I’m a translator and language teacher. My hobbies include reading, travelling (I’m reaching the end of my one and only journey this year, across four italian regions I had never been to), learning languages, taking photos…
I started attending Postcrossing meetups in 2017, and was lucky enough to be able to attend a lot of them in 2018, and a few in 2019. I hope we’ll be able to meet again in real life someday!

21 Likes

Welcome Giorgina! Don’t forget to visit the Italian community and join the existing conversations (or you can launch one too)! :blush:

7 Likes

Hi! I’m so happy to be one of the first people to post something here!

My name is Christian, I’m an Italian-born Chinese who goes to uni in the United Kingdom and is currently doing an internship in Germany.

I’ve been around since 2016 (when I was just 16 years old!) and Postcrossing is one of the few things I keep doing regularly and haven’t given up on! I usually get bored with things pretty quickly, and keep embarking on new journeys, discovering new hobbies and pastimes. However, with Postcrossing, every piece of mail you receive is new – nothing gets repetitive, and that’s why I’ve been invested in it for 4 year, which is actually a big chunk of my life!

I’ve used the Postcrossing forum on a couple of occasions, but never actually got into it… However, this new look is simple and sleek – I love it! Maybe, this time, I’ll manage to stick around for longer.

Hi to everyone who’s just read my introduction! Hope to see you around soon!

28 Likes

I’m Lotty from Belgium.

I like geocaching, waymarking, reading books and watch TV and movies.

18 Likes

Ciao Christian! Nice to meet you again. Long time no talk…

Same for me…

Please come and post in the #communities:italian community too! :wave:

4 Likes

Good afternoon from Mülheim an der Ruhr! I am Marion from the Ruhr area of Germany where I work as a teacher of English and History. Postcrossing is one of several freetime activities that make me happy. I love the fact that through Postcrossing we can meet digitally and share friendly words and encouragement as well as fun jokes, random trivia and deep insights with each other. I am also very grateful for the Postcrossing friends I have been able to make over the past ten years.

I am the host of the wonderful AWQTE - around the world qualitiy travelling envelopes - RR. Feel free to have a look at our RR thread and join any of the open groups if you like! :slightly_smiling_face:

AWQTE - around the world quality travelling envelopes RR

16 Likes

Hi there! I am Kanerva from Lapland. Thanks to Postbot and sandbox version I learned enough to dive in and participate. Thank you Ana and Paulo for all the hard work you’ve done to get this forum up and running! Besides postcrossing I like books, letters, languages, knitting, learning new things…Nice to meet you all!

14 Likes

Hi Lotty, welcome to this beautiful forum! I’m starting to get acquainted with all its features and I have to say that it’s super straightforward and easy to use… once you actually understand how it works!

Yeah, I just wanted to say that you mistakenly replied to my comment instead of creating your own, which is why I got a notification!

Besides, I love geocaching as well – it was super cool to do it in the United Kingdom; I still haven’t tried doing it in Italy / Germany though…

11 Likes

Hello!
Here is Martin from Poland. For me Postcrossing is a way to know the world more and every postcard I receive discovers me something new something interesting or remembers me superb moments. I love to send postcards as well. Warm greetings to everyone! :grinning:

10 Likes

Hello!
I’m Olga from Moscow, Russia. I’ve been a postcrosser for 8+years.
I like to travel, read books, write postcards, learning languages.
I collect Souvenir Teaspoons.
Nice to meet you all! :smile:

21 Likes