Welcome to the Forum!

Hello everyone! My name is Samantha, I’m 24, brazilian and graduated in Journalism. I’m a SEO Analyst and in love with everything related to marketing, nature and traveling! Hope we can get in touch!

4 Likes

Hi all! My name is Kate, and I’m a long time stamp collector, fairly recent Postcrosser. :canada: I collected postcards as a kid (wish I had kept that collection!) but now am adding to my stamp-related collections as well. Postcards are awfully cute these days.

I love Hello Kitty, Owls, Comic/Cartoons and Books on postcards (as well as stamps!). I’ve sent my first five card and have since received a lot more cards I ordered online for further postcrossing and swapping.

4 Likes

Welcome, Katie! You need a lot of patience! Postcards travel slow and in the pandemic even slower, so it may take two or three weeks or even more before you get your first card.

2 Likes

Hi girls and guys, I am Arnaud from the north of Paris, France (near Compiègne city) . I am a postcrosser since 2018 and like trying every week a new experience. I like learning something new every day also. I didn’t know there is a forum in the website. When I talk about postcrossing to people around, most are stunned and interested too but they are too shy to try. I like also practicing Nordic Walking and geocaching.

5 Likes

Hi, I’m Miriam from Germany, My collegues brought me to postcrossing and Im curious what’s happening here. I am 59J old and a misic loving doctor

Ich schreibe auch gerne auf Deutsch,
parlo anche l’italiano

Greetings Miriam

6 Likes

Greetings from the beautiful, verdant Salish Sea area of the pacific northwest of the U.S.

I was introduced to Postcrossing a few months ago by listening to a YouTube episode of #Philately with an interview with Sam West. I keep my received and new cards and stamps in antique cigar boxes --not sure how long I’ll be able to do that before running out of space. Now I’m on my 23rd received and my 16th sent.

I’m loving the kindness connectedness, geography and philately of Postcrossing!

Best wishes to all,
Stacy

6 Likes

Hi everyone! I’m Molly, and I’m writing from the San Francisco Bay Area in northern California, US. I discovered postcrossing online on a whim and am excited to start writing and recieving lots of postcards.

Happy new year to you all!

3 Likes

Welcome Molly! I hope you will enjoy Postcrossing as much as I still do after almost 13 years. :wink:
Happy new year!

2 Likes

Hi dear postcrossers, my name Irma and i live in a small town in the Netherlands. I have discovered postcrossing sinds this summer. As we are hot able to travel now, this a pretty good alternatieve. I really Emily It very much . Have a great Day today. Irma.

3 Likes

Hi my name is Betsy and I have been doing postcrossing for about 2 1/2 years and sending postcards is now my favorite hobby. I collect mermaid postcards. I make my own postcards and collages. I love hearing others stories and histories and finding commonalities between all of us. There is always something.

3 Likes

Dear fellow Postcrossers
My name is Virginia and I’m a 44 y/o from Switzerland.
I love to receive “hellos” from all over the world. To me it’s a great way to connect with people through my mailbox. I love everything slow and analogue. So Postcrossing is a piece in the puzzle of this lifestyle that brings lots of joy and optimism. It makes me feel the world is after all a human and a loving place.
I would also love to find friends via Postcrossing to get to know better and to stay in contact. I am still hoping to find a snail mail friend for life. That would be utterly lovely.
I hope you all do very well despite Covid.
Greetings from Switzerland, ( If you like to know anything about Switzerland, just ask me)
Virginia

6 Likes

Hello!

I’m from New Jersey in the United States. I love to travel, read, and spend time with my dog. Some of my favorite books are by Neil Gaiman and Edith Wharton. I am also a huge Harry Potter, Disney, and Star Wars fan.

I’m looking forward to joining this community and getting to know different people from around the world.

Peace and health to all.

Samantha

3 Likes

Hello :slightly_smiling_face:

Im Chi 23 years old from germany :slight_smile:
My Hobbys are travelling , cooking , netflix , anime , learning new languages and cultures. I love to learn everything about this World. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello! My name is Elizabeth Anda (I answer to either name), and I’ve only been a member for about six months. I love getting something other than ads in my mailbox!

I love cats, science, anime, Disney, and yarn crafts. I’m 31, and I live in the Portland, OR, metro area, but I’m from central Illinois. My most recent international travel (back in 2019, so not that recent) was to Japan, and I loved it so much I’m already planning another trip for when travel is acceptable again. I speak a little bit of French and some basic Japanese.

I would like to make some friends and do direct swaps, but I’m very bad at reaching out and making the first move. :persevere: I’m also looking forward to being able to go places again and collecting postcards from actual sites instead of just buying them in the grocery store.

Looking forward to more postcards in the new year! :sparkling_heart:

3 Likes

Hi all, I’ve discovered I have not introduced myself on the new forum!

I live in remote Queensland Australia and have been a Postcrosser (in the minimum sense of the word) for the last five years. I would like to become a Postcrosser of much more magnitude this year. I have been writing international correspondence to people all over the world since about the age of 13. I have loved it very much!

Now that I’m an empty nester for much of the time, I hope to focus my energies on writing more and volunteering my time where I can in my communities either online or physically.

I’m also an artist, writer and creative at heart with a newly found love for gardening. When permitted I also travel abroad.

I’m also looking to experience my first direct swap though I’m not sure how to go about doing it. Suggestions gratefully accepted. :slight_smile:

Shawnnita

ETA: I’m keen to make new friends and send postcards to old and new friends alike. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh love your marker sketched cards! :heart_eyes: Welcome to the group. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi @eliz_anda welcome to Postcrossing. :slight_smile: I’m also from the Mid-west 13 years in central Indiana and 14 years in south-west Indiana. I’m an expat of the US living in Australia for 20+ years.

My last solo-travel trip was Ireland & Scotland in October 2019 to find my ancestral castle. A great trip but far too long ago now!

I’m similar to you about doing a direct swap but also slightly anxious about the reaching out process! I LOL’ed at “I’m also looking forward to being able to go places again and collecting postcards from actual sites instead of just buying them in the grocery store.” because the only place I can get mine now is from the Newsagents. I’m pretty sure they are from the 70’s and covered in coal dust and fly droppings. :nauseated_face: NOT what I want to give new friends. LOL!

Have a jolly 2021 and I hope you get a lot of postcards! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello, postcrossers!

I’ve been introduced to post crossing this September by one and only TikTok. Some wonderful Russian girl was showing everyone her hobby of sending postcards. Her short video caught my attention right away and I joined postcrossing that same day.

About me: I’m 20 and I’m from mother Russia :slight_smile: I was fortunate enough to get a chance on studying abroad. I’m now a university student in the UK and I love it there. I play ukulele and film photography.

At the moment I’m reading a book ‘Sapiens: a brief story of humankind’. It’s very thick, but interesting. I’ve challenged myself to finish it in the next. 3 weeks. Wish me luck! :wink:

5 Likes

Hi everybody.

My name is Suzanne and I live in the Netherlands. I’m glad I still have a job, I’m a social worker and my clients all have a form of braindamage. I’d like to bake and cook and also to eat. I really hope that we’ll soon get back to “normal”.
I also like to hike in the forest or other nature. I love the mountains, but there are no mountains in the Netherlands.
Yesterday I created an account here at Postcrossing, to connect with the world and you all. My first 5 postcards are posted. Hopefully they will arrive soon.

3 Likes

Hi!

I love the sketches! Especially Grogu!

2 Likes