Welcome to the 1st Annual Spring Handmade Postcard Exhibition – Spring 2023!

Visitors - feel free to “heart” every card you really like. The cards with the most hearts will be winners of this show. And we invite you to participate in the lottery associated with this exhibition and will post the link to it on March 20.

Artists and creative types who would like to post their handmade postcard art on the theme of Spring, please follow these rules:

1. Only one card per posting
  2. You may post more than one card (each in their separate posting) up to 5 cards in total.
  3. We would love a short description of techniques used, inspirations or explanations. Titled or untitled at your choice. And please add the word “willing” if you are willing to offer your card – if it is one of the winners – to the winner of the lottery. No worries if not – I will have other ways to reward them.
  4. Artists are also welcome to “heart” as many cards as you like (including your own!) and to participate in the lottery as well.
  5. Winners will be announced next weekend. Sorry - only one prize per person!
    Enjoy, one and all!
31 Likes

Announcing the winners of this Exhibition!

Thank you all who participated, artists and art appreciators both! With 1.2k views and 1.8k likes, it has been a fantastic experience to be part of!

Here are top 3 winners based on their number of likes (only one prize per person – sorry!):

@IrisHoux - #1 Swallows - 91 hearts - Congratulations! Please PM me your address.

@tmoleski - Spring Chicken - 88 hearts - Congratulations! Please PM me your address.

@Malika1604 - #1 “The springtime” - 58 hearts - Congratulations! Please PM me your address.

Also notable were

@MathieuC - Acorn individual writing a letter to friends - 51 hearts

@Syyksen - Antero Mannerlaatta-hHnngh - 49 hearts

@gailthesnail - Tulips - 47 hearts

@Papercrafty - #2 water lily - 46 hearts

@CStar9 - #3 Collage of crocuses - 44 hearts

@wurzelsofie - Suddenly it felt like spring - 44 hearts

@Alyonushka-SPb - #1 Greetings from Rome - 43 hearts

Congratulations to all the artists who entered into this Exhibition! It has been a pleasure to see your work and to share it with the Postcrossing community!

Please continue scrolling below to see all the entries and the artists’ comments and explanations.

42 Likes

@IrisHoux

#1 Swallows drawn with two different blue crayons, on the page of an old (Dutch) children’s book. #willing

96 Likes

@IrisHoux

#2 Ballerina with black marker and pink oil pastel, drawn on the page of a vintage sheet music book, with a used stamp added.

56 Likes

@IrisHoux

#3 Retro fashion illustration: woman in fur coat. Black watercolor pencil and orange aqua marker.

37 Likes

@IrisHoux

#4 Blue iris drawn on aquarel paper, with aqua markers in 3 different colors. #willing

86 Likes

@IrisHoux

#5 Watercolor tulip in three colors, with a used stamp, on the page of a vintage music sheet book. #willing

66 Likes

@Malika1604

#1 “The springtime”

After a cold winter, warming comes, flowers bloom, birds fly in and animals crawl out of their holes and winter hibernation :tulip::sunny:. This embroidered mouse rejoices at the arrival of spring :ear_of_rice::hamster:

63 Likes

I did this “spring chicken” sketch with pastels.

96 Likes

#1 @Alyonushka-SPb
Greetings from Rome ( it was my first hand made card :blush: embroidery )

44 Likes

#2 @Alyonushka-SPb
I’m a spring mom too :grin: ( embroidery )

30 Likes

Baby Crow, watercolor painting.

82 Likes

A fine hare
Watercolor painting

68 Likes

@Malika1604

#2 “March cats” :cat::heartpulse::cat:

pencil drawing

32 Likes

This goes to category - oddly shaped /square card, even tho I haven’t cut it yet. For me it represent spring,easter and the far right rabbit, is "the grazy one "from the group. The one friend who always play jokes and makes everyone else laugh. The one who have endless source of energy,no matter what. His name is Antero Mannerlaatta-hHnngh :heart::mushroom: ( Antero TectonicPlate-hHnngh )

-Made mostly with watercolours, But a bit of coloured pencils, neocolor2 watersoluble wax pastels and gouache paint. Paper is Hahnemühle 300 gr/m² - Fine grain.

Sturdy enough to send without envelope but because of the odd shape,i would use envelope.

50 Likes

I love swallows.

2 Likes

So cute!

1 Like

Yay, happy spring! Here’s a tiny accorn individual writting a letter to his friends… :herb: :seedling: :leaves: :shamrock:
I drew this on Photoshop, and my inspirations were the graphic novel “Jolies ténèbres” and “Arthur and the Invisibles” :slight_smile:

53 Likes

This card shows a spring scene - the crocusses bloom right now!
The sculpture “balance” is from my father, the photograph taken by myself.
Translation of the quote: “Love is if two are coming together to create greater harmony.”
Willing.

13 Likes

lightinthedark

Acrylic painting called “a light in the dark”.

15 Likes