Welcome to the 1st Annual Spring Handmade Postcard Exhibition – Spring 2023!

Osterfeuer

Acrylic painting called “Easter bonfire”.

36 Likes

#1 green collage

It is a collage of various green scraps: designer paper, coloured paper, wrapping paper and I think an image of gras. I glued some cut out parts from cutting dies on it

35 Likes

#2 water lilly

In Germany you can buy self-adhesive stamps in blocks of ten stamps. On the back of such a sheet is a greater image of the stamp. This water lilly is such a back and I surrounded it with blue and green scraps. (I love this stamp series called “world of letters”. The lilly is made of letters. :love_letter:)

Willing

48 Likes

@TwasBrillig , As you said for Spring I made this myself with water colours, next card is in the wayy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts::blush:

39 Likes

Just here to thank you, @twasbrillig, and all the entrants, for cultivating this beautiful corner of the internet.

3 Likes

I thought the junkmail of credit card offers looked like spring, so I tore and pasted them added textured stickers. I’m #willing, but would protect the pretty side still allowing the stamp to be canceled.

24 Likes

Title : Pink and Sun by ni-san (nisnoopy3)

Card no. 1

First time drawing with colour brush pens with a mixed of colour pencils and ink pens on a grain sketch paper.

Using metallic component ink pens, I put a ring on the brown center of the sunflower and also the tiny petals on the background. The white areas, I used a white ink pen do magnify the colour to be as spotless as possible.

The can is bronze in colour but I change it to blue since I don’t own bronze or gold colour pens.

I have a can of fruit drops on my table for the past three months. I like the shaped of the can and it’s so cute with the red body. Hence I tried to re-create the same look with drawing my favourite character from San-X. Korilakkuma is seen wearing a fluffy rabbit headgear and Kiiroitori (yellow bird) with a rainbow ribbon on its head. The sunflower is represent the beautiful sunny weather that I am experiencing for the past week. It was so sunny and warm and hot that I feel like I am seeing sunflower whenever I look at the sun. Also the fruit drops comes in many flavours like melon, grape, orange, lemon and it remind me of the flowers that is going to bloom in Spring like lilac, lilies, lavender, daffodil, marigold and plenty more!

17 Likes

Thanks a lot :four_leaf_clover::lady_beetle::snail:! !

Your cards are all so incredibly beautiful :+1::four_leaf_clover:!

5 Likes

Thank you for this great idea. Just the right time for me, because I have created some postcards in the last few days :slight_smile:

3 Likes

#1 - Made with hand-printed paper on a gelli plate with acrylics, snippets from magazines and used stamps. Title: Spring cleaning :wink:

#willing

21 Likes

#2 - Collage from hand-printed paper on a gelli plate with acrylics as a hommage to Paul Klee. Title: Signs in the sky

37 Likes

Title : Lugia by ni-san (nisnoopy3)

Card no. 2

I found a booklet with cute prints and incorporated it along with used stamps on a fine grain paper.

I like the red flower from German stamp that look like part of Lugia (Pokemon). Also the little picture featuring famous people around the world. If you want to see their names, I attached a bigger resolution image below. Need more help, I will gladly to name them for you!

Made from used postage stamps, cutout from a booklet, washi tape and an Air Mail label from Germany!

9 Likes

Title : First Camping Trip! by ni-san (nisnoopy3)

Card no. 3

I create a second series to the handmade stamp card using cutout from the same booklet. One thing that I’m looking forward to camping trip is looking at wild flowers.

Used medium : Postage stamps, cutout from booklet and an ink stamping of Air Mail label.

22 Likes

This is a card I’ve made recently.:bouquet:

:green_heart::fox_face:

47 Likes

#1 Acrilic Paint + Jelly Print.
The flower is drawn with ink liner.

It was my second postcard send to a postcrosser.
I wasn’t sure if someone wants a handmade card, but for me they’re the BEST!

33 Likes

#2 Acrilic Paint + Jelly print. Yellow and brown. Seems vintage!
Drawn with ink.

I love draw flowers. I do it every week on my agenda.

38 Likes

#3 Acrilic Paint + Jelly print.
Stamp with ink.
Dogs: hard paper. Details apart and glued.
Card specially made for a dog lover postcrosser.

16 Likes

#4 Acrilic Paint + Jelly print. Plastic bubbles for texture.
The draw is copied from internet, but drown with ink.
Glued to card.

16 Likes

I used stickers and pretty pictures for this card

29 Likes

I couldn’t help myself and had to reply - I got those same credit card offers and recognized them immediately. What a beautiful use of something that would otherwise be trash. So clever!

5 Likes