Waiting with High Hopes for a PC from?

What are some of the countries that you HOPE you get a postcard from? I am waiting patiently and with great expectancy to receive a card from the following countries:

Antarctica
Christmas Island
Cook Islands
Egypt
Gabon
Gibraltar
Iraq
Israel
Maldives
Norway
Palau
United Arab Emirates
Vanuatu
Vatican

9 Likes

Actually Iā€™m not waiting for anything :slightly_smiling_face:
I am simply happy about every card which is chosen thoughtfully and written with so much text that I get a glimpse of the personality of the sender! That is all what I hope to receive- if this is from my own country or from a rare one I donā€˜t mind :grinning:

37 Likes

I would like to receive a postcard from Pitts Island/ New Zealand, because this island is the farthest inhabited place from my hometown.

7 Likes

And I have a request to you:
Would you please change the headline so that it is clear what is being discussed in this topic. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Forgive me if this is a dumb question, are there postcrossers in Antarctica?

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a dumb question and you can search for the answer here.

4 Likes

As much as I love the surprise, I would like to get a card or swap or pen pal with someone from Ireland. Iā€™ve always wanted to go & I donā€™t think I will be able to with my health. This is a nice way to kind of experience the place.

4 Likes

For me itā€™s easier to navigate to ā€œEXPLORE - > Countriesā€ on the Postcrossing main site and click on the country than to use the search function. :slightly_smiling_face:

And to answer the question directly: Currently there is only one Postcrosser listed, but last seen a year ago. So itā€™s pretty pretty unlikely to ever get a postcard from there via Postcrossing.

1 Like

We should never give up hope - after all, 170 cards have already been sent from Antarctica.
And maybe tomorrow many of the thousands of scientists working there will sign up for postcrossing and we will be flooded with cards from there :sweat_smile:

22 Likes

Yes, never say never :wink:

2 Likes

Please stay on topic:
Here you can tell us from which country or place you would like to receive a card.

It is not a discussion topic about how to get cards from these countries or about swaps.
There are separate topics for that.

1 Like

I donā€™t care much about which country it is but I love receiving postcard from someone who lives in a rural area far from a big city and reading what they do on their days off. :blush:

8 Likes

Okay, I deleted my comment.

1 Like

I like getting new countries, right now off the top of my headā€¦ I donā€™t have anything from New Zealand! I would love the harder-to-find places like Antarctica of course but my dad was from NZ and it would feel fitting to get something from there :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jadzeea Ireland here, choose a card, the link is in my profile :hugs:

I donā€™t collect rare countries, but I love asian postcards and stamps, so I hope I can get more of them.

And here is a recent post about postcards from Antarctica, not free though, but a 20Ā£ donation.

4 Likes

Iā€™d love a postcard from every country!

4 Likes

Pick a stamp combination from my post here

As for places - as long as the card has effort put into it, Iā€™m happy.
At the moment, maybe something from Europe though, since I havenā€™t been there before

1 Like

I got really excited because I finally drew an address for Estonia! Why? I love the colours of their flag :smiley::estonia::partying_face:

10 Likes

Iā€™d love to get any cards from places from that I havenā€™t yet received, but especially:

Mexico
Palestine
Bolivia
Greenland
Vietnam
Bhutan
Mongolia

1 Like

I would love to get a card from Iceland!

Also, I have received a card from Antarctica. Sort ofā€¦ It has the ID, but was sent via a mailing service as the person was on a cruise, if I remember correctly. Itā€™s still a nice card and a nice three digit ID :blush:

8 Likes