US Stamps on International Postcards

I’m on the US postal service website now, making my order…lol

You are all wonderful for replying!!

3 Likes

Thank YOU for going above and beyond and sending out stamps that are not so common :wink:

I understand if you want to just use the global forever and it’s all that you have, but I do appreciate seeing other US stamps - so many thanks for choosing to use something other than the flower :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Yay!! I agree with @seracker , you’re the wonderful one for making the effort :heartpulse: It’s not required, of course, but like so many lovely little extras in life, it is appreciated by many! :pray: Happy shopping!!

4 Likes

I appreciate all the input regarding stamps. I am brand new to this, just sent my first five postcards out a couple weeks ago and hadn’t even THOUGHT about using a variety of stamps. I just got the boring vending-machine print out sticker type. :unamused: When I am done using the last of the boring sticker stamps I will be more adventurous with my stamps!

7 Likes

Three postcard stamps plus a 1¢ add up to the correct international amount, also. I’ve been using that combo lately.

7 Likes

@sunflak

Hi Sundra,

Welcome to the forum!
Yay - looking forward to seeing your stamp adventures

Might I suggest you and @Katch take a look at this thread for some inspiration.

3 Likes

Yea,try my thread.And this link. Best stamps you've received

You will find a whole new world there.

3 Likes

The only thing is, you do need to keep track of rate increases, which happen twice a year.

Stamps that have a money amount on them are always worth that amount, while “forever” and “postcard” stamps increase in value to the current rate (meaning they always contribute the current cost of a forever or postcard stamp when adding up enough postage, even if you bought them before the rate increase.)

Sometimes, as international and domestic rates increase different amounts, this will mean a combination that used to work either doesn’t work at all anymore, or would be severely overpaying, and we have to re-figure everything :slightly_smiling_face:

Fortunately my favorite combination of two forevers and two ten cent pears will still work after the next increase, which is coming in July.

3 Likes

I don’t use the Global Forever stamp much, mostly on envelopes. For one thing, it’s big enough to take up extra room in the address section.

1 Like

I love the colours and shapes of the Ellsworth Kelly stamps.

Again, it’s a nice bonus to see the wide variety of subjects and designs in the US Post stamps when a postcard from the USA arrives in the mail.

4 Likes

In 2019, I was in San Francisco and spent a solo day at the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art and my FAVORITE exhibit was the Ellsworth Kelly exhibit. You wouldn’t think that large swaths of color would be exciting/interesting, but they were really mesmerizing. When I got back home to Oregon I really excited to see that they had his stamps.

4 Likes

I have been inspired by this thread to go out and buy a variety of new stamps. I’ve always just used the regular, round Global Forever stamps as somehow it seemed to complicated to figure out any other combinations lol. So I’m glad a lot of people have broken down what stamp combinations they use.

1 Like

I think that is from me! I always use 2 regular stamps and then a 10c, 5c, and 4c! I am glad you like it :slight_smile:

Edited to add: although as i look again maybe not as I don’t think I have that washi tape haha! It does look exactly like what I would send though

1 Like

How do you fit so many stamps on a postcard? I’m hard pressed to use 3, especially now that the extra ounce stamp is so big

I put the address as close to the bottom of the card as I can to leave room for stamps. Here are a couple I am sending out tomorrow

2 Likes

Honestly, I really like getting the ‘forever’ stamps! I didn’t realize they were in normal rotation until someone explained the concept to me :smiley: I think they’re so pretty, although I wish y’all had more flower-types than just the two… but really, ours in Aus are all just animals or beaches, so I don’t complain about variety!

2 Likes

oh! I see, you even put them down the center. Takes up some of the writing room - but it’s a great idea, I didn’t know you could do that. thank you

1 Like

As long as they’re on the card and close together, I think they can be just about anywhere. My friend sent his own shoe to himself in the mail one time just to see if it would work. Wrote his address on the bottom and stamped it. It made its way back to him, and NOT as a returned item. It went through the whole system and was delivered.

4 Likes

Currently $1.51, face value of $1.54 next month, for cards with less room …

2 Likes

You mean next week, right? Price increases on July 9.

1 Like