Best stamps you've received

Going through all my cards, I re-discovered this beautiful set of old Italian stamps, on an original envelope, that I received an official card in.

What are some favourite stamps you have received?

4 Likes

My all time favourite is this one, because I’m really crazy about Stitch! (It was even attached to a Stitch postcard that was decorated with Stitch tape :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2020-04-23-09-32-014

Normally I have my favourite stamps on postcards scanned, but I haven’t re-uploaded them after a complete data loss… Whenever I’m finished I will share those albums here (not until next year… as my offers / collections of postcards are more important to me).

22 Likes

I’ve been sorting my cards and scanning a few favourites; realised too late I should have been looking for favourite stamps too, so that’s another future task.

I don’t have specifically favorite stamps, I just like nice stamps, especially if they are commemorative (as opposed to definitive stamps, the regular stamps available at any post office for a long period of time), and I especially like it when the stamp and the card have something in common. As an example, I received a card of the Moscow Kremlin, and as stamps the definitive 10 Rouble Moscow Kremlin stamp was used 5 times (I think postage is 50 Rouble). I really love this combination even though it’s “just an ordinary stamp”. :heart:

3 Likes

My favourites are the Alphonse Mucha stamp from the Czech Republic and the Taj Mahal stamp from Jordan. I don’t have a scanner so these images from my mobile would have to do:

36 Likes

My favorite countries for stamps are Japan and the US, as both have very pretty designs and I love the overall style.
Here are just a few favorites, as I can’t decide.

22 Likes

Just ran across these in my digital files.

I like the rug ones, but I figured I’d let everyone see the Mowgli one in case you’re into that, too.

6 Likes

I love these stamps for the solar terms from China. Solar terms are kind of like seasons, but there’s 2 per month and they are descriptive — for instance, “Hibernating Insects Awaken” or “Snows a bit”.

I find it wonderful and when you put the 24 stamps (one for each solar term) together, they form a circle, showing all the seasons in the year!

27 Likes

7 Likes

Oh, all stamps that I receive are very nice, it’s difficult to choose favorite one.
I whould like to show this big and shiny one from Luxembourg :milky_way:

And another one is not from Postcrossing, my friend sent it to me from Svalbard.

25 Likes

I have received so many beautiful and fun stamps; I can’t pick a favorite! Here are a few that I love:

21 Likes

@PinkNoodle That Swiss frog one! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t care what other people say about the kremlin stamps; I think they look so cool all together! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

12 Likes

As I’m really into psychedelic stuff I pretty much fell in love with these stamps:

19 Likes

And I once received a card with a lenticular stamp. A lenticular image is this kind of image which has the ability to change or move when viewed from different angles.

I didn’t know that this was possible for a stamp.

22 Likes

I had a postcard showing where the Kermlins on the stamps are located. I love these stamps too. I find Russia fascinating.

1 Like

I have those T. rex stamps! I especially like sending them to children, for the “wow!” factor. :t_rex: I also had Jimi and Janis, but sadly have run out. :sweat_smile: I’m glad that you received them!

Wow, very neat! You could plan a kremlin stamp tour! :sunglasses:

1 Like

Now there’s an idea :thinking:

1 Like